Author Topic: Hollywood Poster Frames  (Read 3661 times)

Offline CJ138

• Collector
Hollywood Poster Frames
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:50:56 AM »
I just wanted to endorse Hollywood Poster Frames. I was switching a few posters out and Sue's frames are the best quality I own. She is really friendly and easy to work with. While I am thinking of it, how much space do you guys typically have between the poster and plexiglass? Do you utilize the spring clips to press the poster very snuggly against the plexi glass? I do not...
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Hollywood Poster Frames
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 10:00:47 AM »
I try to use mat boards as I find them to be more aesthetically pleasing AND they work to keep most of the poster back from the plexi.

With plexi, however, you do not need to be worried about the paper sticking as it can with glass and moisture changes - so the poster can touch the plexi safely even if it is pushed right against it.
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 10:14:59 AM »
I just wanted to endorse Hollywood Poster Frames. I was switching a few posters out and Sue's frames are the best quality I own. She is really friendly and easy to work with. While I am thinking of it, how much space do you guys typically have between the poster and plexiglass? Do you utilize the spring clips to press the poster very snuggly against the plexi glass? I do not...

I have about 45 or so HPF frames, so I'm a big HPF fan.

I normally use one clip at the top center.  You'll notice that the clips often create unsightly "compression waves," which become worse over time, so I use them sparingly.

Really, at this point I've been spoiled by mylar and linen-backed posters and art prints, which look perfect framed.

guest8

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 10:26:35 AM »
I love Sue and her frames ... my only complaint (if ud even call ot tht) would be the lack of different frame designs ... but tht helps keep costs down so ots understandable. But it is why ive began looking into making my own frames :)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
Agree about HPF.

Most of my frames are from her.

Fast delivery of a great and easy to use product.