Movie Posters > Poster Artists & Designers

French One Panel artist help (Looking especially at you, Mr. Eatbrie)

(1/9) > >>

wonka:
Here is a closeup of the signature in question on a large Frenchie.  I expect a quick answer from you, Thierry, since I didn't use the "G" word.  :)

eatbrie:
What do you want?

It's Boris Grinsson, just one of the greatest French poster artists.

T

PS: Underneath, 120x160 is in centimeters = 47x63in, roughly.

wonka:
Awesome, thanks man.  I totally forgot to check your site, but I am glad you solved it for me, I wasn't sure.

Noel is incredible, too...man, a collection of just Noel and Grinsson pieces would just kick so much ass.

eatbrie:
I'm working at it :)

Don't forget Soubie.  And Mascii.  Man, photoshop blows.  There were so many great poster artists.

But yeah, Noel is fantastic.

wonka:
Yeah, those guys are incredible as well.  Mascii, man what an artist.  All those French artists are so mind blowing in their skill, its a wonder why their stuff doesn't go for so much more than it does.  You can spend more on some stupid Photoshopped crapfest of a poster in the past 5 years than you might on a vintage French poster by one of these artists, and that just ain't right.  Maybe I should stop talking about it, cause some folks might start waking up to what they are missing, and I am going to start paying more for these...

And I will say, that the colors on these French posters (all sizes) are EASILY, HANDS DOWN the most vibrant and bold I have ever seen for any country's paper.  I mean, these things look like they are almost backlit, in some cases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version