Author Topic: Lost series  (Read 23363 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Lost series
« on: December 17, 2009, 01:46:21 PM »
Why are people so crazy about the Lost posters?  Why do they sell out so quickly?  Am I missing something, like I missed the Alamo greatness at the beginning?

Thierry
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: Lost series
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 01:50:57 PM »
Lost is a great series!  I'm waiting for the series to end so that I can sit down with a dvd box set and watch it from beginning to end.  I think some posters like these are collected for the nostalgia of the subject. 
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 02:25:08 PM »
I too want to sit down and watch the season from beginning to end. I followed it during the 1st season but due to my work schedule (alternating every other week from 7-3 to 3-11) I lost touch with the series. The 1st season from what I can remember was great.

Tyler stout did a hell of a job on this poster. I have not followed the series of posters released but plan on going back and checking them all out. 

Cj

guest8

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 02:29:09 PM »
Ive never seen it but have heard some odd story lines from the series .. So I was scared off by it .. But I would possibly give it a chance just to see what its all about .. As for the popularity of the posters .. I could only guess that its due to the some what cult-ish following .. That and some of the artists that they have used (Stout on this last one) And sadly because of the cult like following flippers have been all over the releases .. So that increases the frenzy of everyone hoping to get one early so they dont have to pay insane prices and probably trying to get 2-3 or more so they can have one and sell off the others for $500+

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 06:58:33 PM »
What the Lost poster sold for... today!!!

2009-12-17    $650.00       eBay
2009-12-17    $800.00       eBay
2009-12-17    $759.00       eBay
2009-12-17    $400.00       eBay
2009-12-17    $720.00       eBay
2009-12-17    $690.00       eBay
2009-12-17    $599.00       eBay
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 07:18:42 PM »
i was lost from the start ???

kauaitx

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 10:48:05 PM »

The posters for TV shows are harder to get than most movie posters.  I still can't get my hands on the posters for Battlestar Galactica, and Holiday has not shown largesse in offering to share his with me.  (That after I weaseled my way into procuring a complete set of Star Trek posters for him at San Diego Comic 2008.)

Jeannie

guest8

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 10:20:51 AM »
The posters for TV shows are harder to get than most movie posters.  I still can't get my hands on the posters for Battlestar Galactica, and Holiday has not shown largesse in offering to share his with me.  (That after I weaseled my way into procuring a complete set of Star Trek posters for him at San Diego Comic 2008.)

LOL .. Dont you love how were all equal here but people like Holiday and Thierry are still hoarding all of the good posters !! :P

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 12:40:30 PM »
For anyone into Lost who's been lost the past few months, here's the complete collection of Lost posters.

http://damoncarltonandapolarbear.com/dcpb/x/

Thierry
My Personal Collection

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 06:41:23 PM »
Why are people so crazy about the Lost posters?  Why do they sell out so quickly?  Am I missing something, like I missed the Alamo greatness at the beginning?

Thierry

Thierry, I'm a huge fan of the series but only love 4 of these 16 posters (see attached).  They all encapsulate critical concepts in the series but you'd have to watch the series to understand. For example, the Locke poster is cool because it shows Locke's footprints moving away from the wheelchair.  How can someone confined to a wheelchair walk?  It's all part of the mystery/coolness of the show.

I would definitely pay $75ish for these posters - especially the "Crash" poster - but they are well beyond that right now - maybe in a couple of years.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 10:17:27 PM »
What the Lost poster sold for... today!!!

2009-12-17    $650.00       eBay
2009-12-17    $800.00       eBay
2009-12-17    $759.00       eBay
2009-12-17    $400.00       eBay
2009-12-17    $720.00       eBay
2009-12-17    $690.00       eBay
2009-12-17    $599.00       eBay

I'm a rationalist but I'm hoping there's a special section of hell for Ebay f&ckin' flippers like "jack*bauer*24" who is trying to sell a $40 print for $750 on Ebay now.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 04:46:54 AM »
yeah, thats pretty sick.  I really like that "swan" print.  But overall, I really do not think Lost was a good enough show to warrant this kind of series.  I mean come on now, we are not talking about Mission: Impossible, MASH, Cheers, Seinfeld, or even The Simpsons here.  It is a show that showed a lot of promise for a season and a half.  Then the writing went to hell and it became mediocre at best.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 02:11:44 PM »
It is a show that showed a lot of promise for a season and a half.  Then the writing went to hell and it became mediocre at best.

Agreed!

Chad

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 04:04:43 PM »
All y'all Lost-haters need to chill. If you don't like, don't buy.  (The spirit of Reprints Forever lives on?)

For the rest of you, check out the December 21, 2009, official video podcast about the Lost posters exhibition at Gallery1988 in LA (alternative site here).

movieposterodyssey

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »
Not sure,Thierry.Guess alot of fans out their.More then we think anyway.
There's a couple cool ones.Love the smoke monster.The VW kills me.

Anthony

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 09:49:31 PM »
Not sure,Thierry.Guess alot of fans out their.More then we think anyway.
There's a couple cool ones.Love the smoke monster.The VW kills me.

Anthony

Some of these - including the VW - are going on sale tomorrow by the individual artists (Jan 5) - info on lostargs.com.  Most likely a mad rush to get them.

Some lucky bast@rd has the two popular posters in the series - probably could sell them for $1,000 now (and s/he paid only $60!!!)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 11:28:46 PM »
Why are people so crazy about the Lost posters?  Why do they sell out so quickly?  Am I missing something, like I missed the Alamo greatness at the beginning?

Thierry

Thierry, you got some 'splainin to do - look what I spotted on your website - this just sold for $421 today on Ebay - how did you snag this copy?:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:47:12 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

guest8

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 06:26:35 AM »
I juat got an email from Nakatomi about a Lost print they will be offering for like $125! Only 40 are being made ..

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 06:46:30 AM »
If you are after the whole enchilada, heres your chance but you better have the dough to pony up!  What is that going on nearly 800% profit as it stands?

Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 08:11:06 AM »
I juat got an email from Nakatomi about a Lost print they will be offering for like $125! Only 40 are being made ..

That email dropped at 11:40pm EST last night (Jan 4) - I suspect it sold out very quickly.  The price was $175 for 40 of the 50 reserved to the artist - there were 300 printed.  For that price I passed.  

I would definitely pay $175 for Eric Tan's Crash, which I'm sure will be released in a similar manner.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 09:52:51 PM »
Olly Moss is selling the Locke poster tomorrow at a random time.  

I'll take the t-shirt if anybody wants to stop by Gallery1988 in LA....

acidburn

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 01:32:58 PM »
scored a locke one today. who wants to touch me?

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 01:46:11 PM »
scored a locke one today. who wants to touch me?

Congratulations - how long did they last?

Of course, the truly lucky people are the ones who bought the posters for $35 before demand got totally out of control.  I'm still PO'd about that - I used to monitor the Lost discussion boards quite a bit but dropped off last year and missed out on these....

So the Crash will be up for grabs sooner or later.  Eric Tan says "I assure you that I will post a date, time, and web address on my blog once I get everything sorted."

acidburn

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 01:52:40 PM »
Honestly, it lasted for about 15 seconds so im reading on the lost arg board. Paypal oversold 9 so they sent out cancellations to 9 people.

Im going to shoot for the Smoke monster tmrw and hopefully the Tan and if it comes around the Stout.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 01:56:45 PM »
It was less than 15 seconds. I didn't miss a beat on the whole thing and I got to checkout and said soldout. Grats Acid!

Chad