Author Topic: Bruceploitation poster book  (Read 405 times)

Online Mardukas

• Hobbyist
Bruceploitation poster book
« on: March 29, 2024, 05:59:13 PM »
This new poster book, covering a pretty interesting niche (Bruce Lee rip-offs), is up for pre-order. Can’t see any inside pages on the listing but have taken the plunge and pre-ordered a copy myself in the hope it will be worth the gamble.

https://severinfilms.com/collections/pre-order/products/martial-art-the-art-of-bruceploitation-movie-posters

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
Re: Bruceploitation poster book
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 09:55:51 AM »
Ive "Ninja strikes back" ita htf billboard (2x3 meters) (Bruce Le doing a tour US now)
NSB ita 2sh
Fist of Fury II us 1sh (Bruce Li)

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 09:57:07 AM by Tang Lung in Rome »

Online Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 10:45:36 PM »
Nice. I don’t own any but it sounds like a fun niche to pursue. I’m guessing not as pricey to acquire as original Bruce Lee paper either? Though is book like this might drive interest I guess.

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 01:40:30 AM »
Pre-order and only 100 copies?  Do you think the book is already printed or will it be printed after all copies are sold??

I have the Thai poster of the Chinese "Enter the Game of Death".  Note the poster shows the real Bruce Lee on this one :)
https://www.ecrater.com/p/30438900/enter-the-game-of-death-1978-thai

And pure coincidence, my bots just shared a Bruceploitation on Instagram called "Las cinco hermanas de Bruce Lee
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Online Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2024, 11:26:09 PM »
Pre-order and only 100 copies?  Do you think the book is already printed or will it be printed after all copies are sold??

I don’t know but my guess wouldn be it is already printed / being printed given they provide a firm street date. I have never ordered a book from Severin before so that is based on nothing other than my own intuition.