Author Topic: Heritage Auctions rough estimate of shipping costs to Europe  (Read 695 times)

Offline nilsk123

• Beginner
Heritage Auctions rough estimate of shipping costs to Europe
« on: January 24, 2024, 07:35:34 AM »
Hi,

Being completely new to all this I was wondering what kind of shipping costs to the netherlands I can expect when buying a single 'rolled' item from heritage auctions, as they do not provide an indication. Not looking for an exact number ofcourse, but is it closer to 20 / 50 / 100 etc.

Hope someone can help so I can decide if its worth bidding (for me)

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
Re: Heritage Auctions rough estimate of shipping costs to Europe
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 08:31:50 AM »
I couldn't give you an exact figure, but Heritage is quite expensive. They generally use FedEx economy so (in my experience) you are guaranteed to have to pay import duties and fees. They also charge a handling fee but don't break the shipping and handling charge down separately. They package very well, as they should, but for me taking takes and fees into account significantly increases the cost. Taxes are out of Heritage's hands of course.

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 01:46:35 PM »
i am fairly sure Heritage will have a cheap rate that they 100% do not pass on to you

Offline mahmudf

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 06:35:43 AM »
I couldn't give you an exact figure, but Heritage is quite expensive. They generally use FedEx economy so (in my experience) you are guaranteed to have to pay import duties and fees. They also charge a handling fee but don't break the shipping and handling charge down separately. They package very well, as they should, but for me taking takes and fees into account significantly increases the cost. Taxes are out of Heritage's hands of course.

In the UK you can get tax relief if it's a vintage one I've saved alot

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 07:02:34 AM »
Interesting. Do you know what the date cut off is to be considered vintage?

Offline mahmudf

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 03:58:59 PM »
Interesting. Do you know what the date cut off is to be considered vintage?

Sorry I'm not sure , I  used it for 70s and earlier, I can dig out the tariff no but make sure it's in the first line of your address in bold