Author Topic: Jan 2024  (Read 782 times)

Offline MelvisFantabulous

• Beginner
Jan 2024
« on: January 02, 2024, 10:55:50 PM »
Back in the ring for another swing😜

I’ve recently moved to Boulder, CO and plan to snag cool/intriguing/colorful/girly MPs like these ffrom ddilts:

1) Note: Mean Girls ads OMIT that it’s a MUSICAL because musicals are unpopular generally 🤨

2) Dolls is by director of Big Lebowski - apparently similar

3) My ridiculous name is lifted from “Birds of Rey” tag line “fantabulously emancipated”
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 11:09:35 PM by MelvisFantabulous »

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: Jan 2024
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 09:16:59 AM »
Hi Mel, welcome back! Good to see you collecting and posting again.

I hadn't realised Mean Girls was a musical. When I saw a poster for it a few weeks ago, I thought "they're remaking Mean Girls already?", but then I looked it up and the original came out 20 years ago. That made me feel old.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 02:12:11 PM »
Good to see you back here.  Happy New Year  cheers

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2024, 08:08:52 PM »
Is this truly THE Mel?
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 09:20:27 PM »
There are still surprises to be found in the wild. I found these two lobby cards stuck haphazardly in an old home bathroom magazine/newspaper rack at an antique mall in middle America:

I haven't seen many of these Jungle Woman lobby cards over the years, let alone the title card.

What a great image of The Cat menacing Paulette Goddard! If you haven't seen it, this movie is well worth watching.

Happy hunting, Okie

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 10:05:39 AM »
There are still surprises to be found in the wild. I found these two lobby cards stuck haphazardly in an old home bathroom magazine/newspaper rack at an antique mall in middle America:

I haven't seen many of these Jungle Woman lobby cards over the years, let alone the title card.

What a great image of The Cat menacing Paulette Goddard! If you haven't seen it, this movie is well worth watching.

Great LCs, Okie!  Such random finds are increasingly rare indeed...

Happy hunting, Okie

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 06:29:41 PM »
Thanks, Antoine!  I love hunting out in the middle American states and out West. Conditions there are pretty good for old paper to survive.  Okie