Author Topic: WTB: STAR WARS ADVANCE STYLE B  (Read 443 times)

Offline jrmckins

• Beginner
WTB: STAR WARS ADVANCE STYLE B
« on: November 27, 2023, 08:58:17 AM »
Hi all. I'm new here and I'm looking to buy a STAR WARS ADVANCE STYLE B poster. I'm 100% OK with a knockoff as long as it's vintage. In fact, I'm looking to spend less than $100 so it pretty much has to be a knockoff. I've found it on cinemasterpieces for $100 (special order). I've seen it on Ebay (folded) for $75 (bradburied, who admits "Nobody seems to know for sure the origin as to when, where or who printed them, as it has been around for over 25+ years. Sold as is, mint condition, but a beautiful piece with no guarantee as to being an original one sheet.") and for $169 (rolled -- kidrokmod, who quotes "Prof. Leonard Powers" in the description).

Does anyone have a source for one of these that has a good reputation? I'd hate to give my money to someone with the reputation that bradburied has but, in this case, he's not lying about what he's selling.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Re: WTB: STAR WARS ADVANCE STYLE B
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 09:17:28 PM »

Hi all. I'm new here and I'm looking to buy a STAR WARS ADVANCE STYLE B poster. I'm 100% OK with a knockoff as long as it's vintage.

welcome1

That's interesting.  You're ok with a reproduction, but only a vintage reproduction?  If you don't mind me asking, why vintage?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 09:43:22 PM »
I was wondering the same thing.  A little odd.  Either it's original and vintage, or a repro, but a vintage repro... I don't understand what that means.

In terms of authentic repro, if that is a thing, Dave is a safe bet.  I think he actually stamps the back of the repros multiple times to ensure that some a-hole doesn't try to pass it as original down the line.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline jrmckins

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 08:13:12 AM »
I was wondering the same thing.  A little odd.  Either it's original and vintage, or a repro, but a vintage repro... I don't understand what that means.

In terms of authentic repro, if that is a thing, Dave is a safe bet.  I think he actually stamps the back of the repros multiple times to ensure that some a-hole doesn't try to pass it as original down the line.

T

Who is "Dave"?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 10:46:27 AM »
Sorry, Dave Lieberman, owner of Cinemasterpieces.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023, 12:04:47 PM »
I was wondering the same thing. 

Several years ago I thought it would be cool to find a replacement for a poster I had way back when.  It was a commercial poster for Easy Rider, about one sheet size with the image from the French versions.  I just thought it would be nice to have the same style I had many years ago.  I couldn't find one, then one appeared on eMovie - this was in 2012.  I bid $20 and was too busy to watch the auction to bid again if necessary, and someone outbid me.  They auctioned one folded example not long after but never another rolled one (unless I missed one in a bulk lot  :-[ ).  I kinda gave up searching and bought a French one panel and had it linen backed and it was on display for a few years.  8)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 01:57:45 PM by Neo »