Author Topic: November 2023  (Read 1323 times)

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
November 2023
« on: November 10, 2023, 07:24:20 PM »
Just back From Hunger Games 2023 Preview yesterday night, glad to get the characters poster set and the pin
HG1 by angel flyover, on Flickr
HG2 by angel flyover, on Flickr
HG3 by angel flyover, on Flickr
HG4 by angel flyover, on Flickr
HG5 by angel flyover, on Flickr
HG6 by angel flyover, on Flickr
have also gotten this IMAX poster The Marvels
M1 by angel flyover, on Flickr

Offline pcarnette

• Beginner
  • Boldy Going... Into Debt
Re: November 2023
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 12:48:36 PM »
New for November:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture East German (1985)

This is the only one I've ever seen unfolded. I'm sure there are others, but there aren't many.

Star Trek 7431:63

This is a commercial poster from 1971 featuring Jim Steranko art work. I just love the kitschy 70s feel of this poster. I went ahead and had it linen backed, my first time doing that, and framed.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 06:16:00 PM »
That Jim Steranko art work is super! Love how it looks framed in your other thread too. Very nice.

Angelflyover - I'm always a sucker for a character set. I hope the film was fun, my kids saw the trailer before The Marvels and are interested to see it.

Offline pcarnette

• Beginner
  • Boldy Going... Into Debt
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 08:36:53 AM »
Thank you, Tob!

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023, 07:27:11 PM »
Hi Tob ,the movie is good , a new and exciting prequel.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2023, 02:54:35 PM »
AngelFO: nice Hunger Games set.  cool1

PC: Nice work on the Star Trek stuff. cool1

I'm happy that I won this one - a 2001 release for the special edition DVD.  The image is not nearly as grainy as the originals from 1991.  Usually I prefer the grainy look with film, but this one with its enhanced image is a beaut IMO:

« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 03:05:54 PM by Neo »

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2023, 06:13:58 PM »
PC : Nice vintage look Star Trek posters.
Neo :Nice Image too ,reminded me the superb performance by Anthony Hopkins.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 07:41:20 PM »

Neo :Nice Image too ,reminded me the superb performance by Anthony Hopkins.

Thanks.  Yeah Sir Hopkins and the entire cast were excellent.  One of the best films

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2023, 06:29:41 AM »
Just Back from the Singapore Premiere of The Boy and The Heron ,finally released here after a long wait.Happy to get the posters and the calendar too.
Poster A
bnth1 by angel flyover, on Flickr
Poster B
bnth2 by angel flyover, on Flickr
Calendar
bnth3 by angel flyover, on Flickr
Inside The cinema
bnth4 by angel flyover, on Flickr

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2023, 03:05:42 PM »
Well done there, AngelFO.  Nice artwork and looks like a cool movie.  You're on a roll with winning the full sets for these new releases.  cool1

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2023, 06:01:07 PM »
Thank you Neo.I always love Miyazaki's movies.Have been a fan of his and the posters released for many years.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2023, 10:49:23 PM »
Even though I do not doubt the authenticity of your specific posters, angelflyover, since you seem to be getting them from Premieres in Singapore, I am now staying away from anything international.  I do not believe any of the posters labeled "international" to be studio produced.  It is very sad, as I used to love to collect them.  A seller even showed me said posters hanging in a lightbox outside a theater, but even that cannot be hard to do for anyone with a few connections.  So Singapore, Thailand and the Philippines are now off limit for me.

Cool posters, though, angelflyover.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2023, 09:29:51 AM »
Just Back from the Singapore Premiere of The Boy and The Heron ,finally released here after a long wait.

Is it any good?
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2023, 06:45:37 PM »
Hi Wonka ,it is a bit abstract ,but somehow there are similarities between Eastern mystical and culture with Japanese culture ,so I am able to get what Mr Miyazaki is trying to say ,worth a watch in the cinema.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2023, 11:42:49 PM »
pcarnette: I really like the colors and designs on those Star Trek posters.

angelflyover: Great Boy and the Heron movie posters.  Hard to beat a Miyazaki film.  It opens where I live on December 7th.  My whole family is looking forward to seeing it.

Neo: What a memorable design for the poster for Silence of the Lambs. A lady I work with is gaining expertise to be able to consult on forensic entomology. Insects on decaying bodies indeed!

Okie

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2023, 02:47:05 AM »
That's great Okie ,I am sure your whole family will enjoy the film.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2023, 07:15:54 PM »

A lady I work with is gaining expertise to be able to consult on forensic entomology. Insects on decaying bodies indeed!

Okie

Sounds like an interesting branch of entomology.  Good to see you around the APF.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm happy about some wins from across the pond.  Thanks to an APF member for the assistance. 

One of my favorite movies.  I wish they hadn't started putting the DVD images on a lot of video store posters, but I really like the UK version for this movie:

« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 07:29:58 PM by Neo »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2023, 11:30:12 PM »
This is cool.  Gotta love Jovovich.  Loved her in the Resident Evil movies, especially Apocalypse.  Why she ended up with Besson is a mystery.  Actually, not so much.  He did put her in a few movies.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2023, 02:08:58 PM »
This is cool.  Gotta love Jovovich.  Loved her in the Resident Evil movies, especially Apocalypse.  Why she ended up with Besson is a mystery.  Actually, not so much.  He did put her in a few movies.

T

Yeah Ms. Jovovich is really a star.  Her part in The Fifth Element surely helped secure her place for the Resident Evil series.  I was just reading a little about her and I didn't know she and Mr. Besson were married briefly around the time of The Fifth Element.  I also didn't know the Resident Evil film franchise is the highest grossing film series based on a video game.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 02:52:14 PM by Neo »

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2024, 09:34:59 PM »
That's great Okie ,I am sure your whole family will enjoy the film.

We sure did, Angelflyover.  The Boy and the Heron was so lovely to watch.  Okie