Author Topic: That lovely buyer!  (Read 508 times)

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
That lovely buyer!
« on: November 05, 2023, 04:43:05 AM »
I collect movie poster because I love colleting. I love my collection and often check them as I have openable frame, so I can swap them. Selling them is not my priority, but I do sell from time to time.

I met this guy and he was big fan of Klaus Kinsky and also The Godfather, so we talked movies and I said I have original posters.
He came to my place, I unfolded some posters... we both get overwhelmed, him asking me to open more and me doing too much talk mentioning movie facts :)
Anyway, he did a selection, a few Blaxploitation and some Egyptian posters.  I put them aside, and sent a pricelist after checking selling prices online (shop, ebay, auctions, etc.)

Then I get a WhatsApp, saying he doesn't want folds, he wants pristine posters... and that he saw pristine posters online for much less.  I wanted to educate him (e.g. all pre-86's posters come with fold, linenbacking is the process, etc.) but wifey said he is a time waster and not to even bother.  So I was about to reply that if he wants pristine poster, he can indeed buy these cheap repros he saw online but I didn't.    I actually checked again, my prices are below market prices; for sure, I can't compete with cheap repros :)

Gonna see him next week, I will tell him the same; still better than writing it, ahaha!    I never thought that these cheap repro websites could be "harmful", the ignorant won't even know the difference.  Sure, he found the same, pristine with no folds at 9.99 USD :) almost insulting, ahahaha

Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: That lovely buyer!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 12:06:09 AM »
It's good you are teaching people about posters, Bwanadik!  I hope he listens to you. Okie