Author Topic: September 2023  (Read 1414 times)

Offline spider89119

• Beginner
September 2023
« on: September 04, 2023, 10:48:29 PM »
Been wanting this one for years.  Finally picked it up.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: September 2023
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 02:43:37 AM »
That is splendid! A fine start to September.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2023, 06:42:03 PM »
I had some time to make a dent in taking photos of the stack of posters I have flattening...so I received some of these a while ago, but they're the latest acquisitions that I have photos of...

Akira re-release quad. It's on really thin paper, annoyingly, so have to handle it carefully.

The Master, Japanese B1

Midsommar, Australian One Sheet. One of my favourite horror films of the last few years.

And a couple of prints...

The Shawshank Redemption by Laurent Durieux.

Pinocchio by James Jean. This is for the recent Guillermo del Toro film. I adore stop motion and sat down with my kids to watch over Christmas...we all loved it. It's a film made with such care and effort. This print has lots of nice touches such as embossing and raised detail to give it a lot of texture. It's a really well crafted print, so I included a little video from the artist to show some detail.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2023, 10:29:38 PM »
Nice scores, Spidey and Tob.

The Planet of the Vampires sounds like a fun flick.  The photo of it framed and on display in the other thread really shows better than just the standard photo.

The flowers in the Australian Midsommar are beautiful. I've liked horror films since I was a kid but something about that movie.  <OO

The video of the Pinocchio print really shows it well.  Looks like they put a lot of work into it. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 10:30:53 PM by Neo »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2023, 11:01:18 PM »
Love the Shawshank.  A friend of mine got it for me at the screening, but then it had a damaged corner so I let it go.  Prints must be pristine.  And now I can't afford it anymore.  One Durieux I will never own.

Nice.

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2023, 09:50:54 AM »
The flowers in the Australian Midsommar are beautiful. I've liked horror films since I was a kid but something about that movie.  <OO

Yeah, it's a good one. It has that unsettling feeling of dread running through it from the start. I like that most of it is shot in bright daylight too.

Love the Shawshank.  A friend of mine got it for me at the screening, but then it had a damaged corner so I let it go.  Prints must be pristine.  And now I can't afford it anymore.  One Durieux I will never own.

Nice.

T

Oh no, sorry to hear that. I managed to get this copy cheap - I won a competition in his fan group on Facebook. The aftermarket price seems high because the run is so low and because I think a lot of people that went to the screening bought multiple copies and control the market a little bit...I think in time, when they don't sell at those prices, the price will fall...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2023, 10:46:13 AM »
Oh no, sorry to hear that. I managed to get this copy cheap - I won a competition in his fan group on Facebook. The aftermarket price seems high because the run is so low and because I think a lot of people that went to the screening bought multiple copies and control the market a little bit...I think in time, when they don't sell at those prices, the price will fall...

Yeah, I got the other 2, Amadeus and Boogie, but prints must be mint.  I think he ended up selling it for $800.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2023, 10:45:47 PM »
Nice acquisitions so far this month. Tob, that Midsommar is cool.

Here’s my latest buy. I’d never seen this German Nosferatu rerelease poster before and snapped iit up as soon as I spotted it.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2023, 04:43:39 PM »
I like that, Mardukas. Great image of Count Orlok!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2023, 03:29:10 AM »
One Durieux I will never own.

I was browsing the new goodies on your site this morning, T. Never say never! :) lots of nice ones there, although whenever I stop by your site I always end up going down a rabbit hole and add a couple to my want list 👍

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2023, 07:56:23 PM »
Yep, I blame you.  I had forgotten about it and seeing your post made me want it again, so I went and got it.  It's such a great piece.

Thanks for checking in.  Although I add a lot more posters than what you see on the front page.  I added 22 yesterday, and none of them made the cut.  They kind of disappear within the website.

And I completely forgot about HA today.  Too much soccer with the kiddos.  Damn!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2023, 01:22:13 AM »
Spider89119: Fun Planet of the Vampires!

Tob: James Jean sure does some great art.  I like the cricket cheering from where the heart lives.

Mardukas: Nosferatu still creeps me out. Have you placed the poster with its cool designed blue and white color scheme on a low-lit wall?  I think that might look pretty spooky.

Okie

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2023, 12:28:56 AM »
Spider89119: Fun Planet of the Vampires!

Tob: James Jean sure does some great art.  I like the cricket cheering from where the heart lives.

Mardukas: Nosferatu still creeps me out. Have you placed the poster with its cool designed blue and white color scheme on a low-lit wall?  I think that might look pretty spooky.

Alas, no, but that is a great idea. We are planning to redecorate our apartment so I will have to see if this can be incorporated into the designs!