Author Topic: August 2023  (Read 1940 times)

Offline KOISOKOK

• Beginner
August 2023
« on: August 11, 2023, 02:10:46 AM »
Couple fun ones added .

Revenge of the Nerds Preliminary Poster .

National Lampoon's Vacation 40x60

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Re: August 2023
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 01:11:20 PM »
Nice wins there, K.  Gotta love that 80s style artwork on the Revenge of the Nerds.  Is that a print, or a concept piece, or something else?

Really like the Vacation 40x60.  I've only seen one in that format, a long time ago, other than the one at eMovie recently.   cool1

Offline Heather_Mason_SH3

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 02:13:57 PM »
I'm definitely curious what the "preliminary poster" is myself!
Congrats on grabbing that 40x60 for "Vacation" though! It's a classic with iconic artwork! Would love one of those myself someday! :)

Offline KOISOKOK

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 08:04:16 PM »
Nice wins there, K.  Gotta love that 80s style artwork on the Revenge of the Nerds.  Is that a print, or a concept piece, or something else?

Really like the Vacation 40x60.  I've only seen one in that format, a long time ago, other than the one at eMovie recently.   cool1

Thanks guys. I guess how it was stated was that it was the concept drawing for the poster they wanted to come out with . Guess maybe the butts hanging out the school bus didn't make the cut ??  ;D.. It's definitely not a traditional "scan or copy" as it actually has some texture to the piece . Anyhow i thought it was cool and signed from the studio's , how can one not love an old school hit like this ! Had Sue send over a frame for me and now it sit's perfect next to the star wars concert concept ..  thumbsup.gif

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2023, 08:24:33 PM »
Wow, great Vacation poster!  Awesome!!!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2023, 09:37:45 PM »
Thanks guys. I guess how it was stated was that it was the concept drawing for the poster they wanted to come out with . Guess maybe the butts hanging out the school bus didn't make the cut ??  ;D.. It's definitely not a traditional "scan or copy" as it actually has some texture to the piece . Anyhow i thought it was cool and signed from the studio's , how can one not love an old school hit like this ! Had Sue send over a frame for me and now it sit's perfect next to the star wars concert concept ..  thumbsup.gif

Very cool.  Maybe it's a screen print.  Looks great with the other concept piece.

Offline morphine

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2023, 01:32:09 PM »
A few this week:

Nightmare Before Christmas, 2020 re-release.

Star Wars, The Mandalorian, Season 2. There was no 27x40 poster released for Season 1, so this is the first one available for the show.

Star Wars, The Mandalorian, Season 3, latest cast version.

Offline Heather_Mason_SH3

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2023, 10:47:58 PM »

Good Girls Go To Paris (1939) 40x60 Poster. VERY happy to have this beauty in my collection! It displays wonderfully. It's definitely a very fragile poster - the middle of the poster is at risk of separating and probably will if not handled carefully. It's suffered the most paper loss. Other than that though, the poster is in great shape for something nearly 100 years old. The film itself is very fun to watch - although it seems to have been forgotten to time and likely will never be properly remastered or re-released in better quality. I had to watch it on YouTube because it just isn't available in any modern format. I'd recommend it to anyone that likes 1930s comedies though! Maybe someday I'll collect other posters for this film - but this one is easily the best and one of the most exciting in my collection!

Sweater Girl (1942) One Sheet. I have to admit I have never actually seen this one. I probably paid more for it than I should have. The description of the film caught my interest though, and I like the artwork. Unfortunately it seems to be unavailable in any modern format and not even on YouTube. Definitely a film that has been lost to time. I found a site that sells a DVD of the film - likely a bootleg but ti's the best that this film will probably ever get. I might get it at some point!
Honestly, I kind of just wanted to buy this one to pair it with 1978's Sweater Girls.

Lost Lonely And Vicious (1958) One Sheet. Another one I have not seen yet. I liked the artwork and the description caught my attention. It seems to be available on YouTube so I will probably watch it sometime soon.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2023, 03:21:31 PM »
Interesting wins there, HM.  I always pictured you as a hardcore 80s person.  8)  Similar to your wins here, there are a couple posters I won for which I had not seen the movies yet, and watched them after acquiring said posters, and they're some of my favorites.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2023, 03:55:46 PM »
A few this week:

Nightmare Before Christmas, 2020 re-release.

Star Wars, The Mandalorian, Season 2. There was no 27x40 poster released for Season 1, so this is the first one available for the show.

Star Wars, The Mandalorian, Season 3, latest cast version.

Nice wins, Morphine.  I have been collecting those Star Wars TV posters too.  They are part of the Star Wars universe and I enjoy collecting the series.  True, the Mandalorian Season 1 did not have a one sheet, but it did have a bus shelter.  It's pretty cool too.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2023, 03:59:19 PM »
Interesting wins there, HM.  I always pictured you as a hardcore 80s person.

One decade doesn't have enough posters to quench one's collecting thirst.  Eventually, we must all expend.  I started with the 80s too, and then there was nothing much left to grab so I had to look somewhere else.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2023, 05:55:15 PM »
One decade doesn't have enough posters to quench one's collecting thirst.  Eventually, we must all expend.  I started with the 80s too, and then there was nothing much left to grab so I had to look somewhere else.

T

Yeah there is a lot of great stuff from all eras.  It's interesting to see collections that aren't one specific genre.

Offline Klownicle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2023, 07:49:49 PM »
Does this count?  I purchased the Limited Layered Butter 18x24 Art Print, scanned it, added some enhancements for the scan, cleaned it up, resized for 27x40 then printed on backlit film. 

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2023, 02:03:45 AM »
Hahaha!  I love it.  Poster of the month, imo.

faint2.gif

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2023, 03:18:20 PM »
That print is quite the mashup.  Well done on printing it to one sheet size. 

Offline Klownicle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2023, 06:15:54 PM »
That print is quite the mashup.  Well done on printing it to one sheet size.

Thanks! The explosion on the left side didn't scan very well so at the moment I've gone through a couple iterations.  Still not 100% happy as it doesn't match the original very much.  I do think I lined things up nicely to get it on the 27x40 format!

Hahaha!  I love it.  Poster of the month, imo.

faint2.gif

T

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 06:18:51 PM by Klownicle »

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2023, 02:26:55 AM »
Sweater Girl is timeless!!!  I think she worked in our local library growing up. Okie

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2023, 03:20:11 PM »
This chirashi aka B5 from Japan arrived recently.  The style of the artwork would usually be a little dark for my humble collection, but it's one of my favorite movies.  In the spirit of the season and my forgetting to bid on the B1 recently for sale, this is a fun acquisition.  It's printed on a thicker, matte paper compared to most chirashi.  I'd highly recommend the seller amigo_japan on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/usr/amigo_japan