Author Topic: Consignments are FLOODING in for our August Major Auction!  (Read 407 times)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Maybe it is because our April Major Auction had SENSATIONAL results, or maybe it is because consignors fully realize we charge FAR lower commissions, but consignments are FLOODING in for our August Major Auction!

We already have received just under 1,000 consignments, and it is nearly three months off! We have pictured just a few of the confirmed items in it at https://www.emovieposter.com/learnmore/?page=consign_major#2023august

Why consign NOW, when the auction is a few months away? I am glad you asked! You want to get your items sent NOW, because we always take the first example of each item we receive, so you can guarantee your items WILL be in the auction by sending them now (unless of course, we already have it).

And if you send rare and desirable items now, you may well see them in future preview ads, which gets your items a lot of extra exposure, which may get you lots of extra money! Why not contact us today with what you have?

And you know how lots of major auction catalogs look like museum exhibitions, not only because they are filled with ultra-expensive items, but also because very little seems to ever sell? It all SEEMS to sell, but more often than not the very same items come back to auction again and again again!

That's why eMoviePoster.com auctions are such a breath of fresh air! Every major auction we have lots of items that we have either never auctioned before, or have not auctioned for decades.

And quite often those items don't return to the auction block for many years if ever! ALL of the items at the above link WILL be in our August Major Auction, all starting at $1, with no reserves and NONE of those dreadful "buyers premiums"!

And if you are solely a BUYER and not a consignor return to our site when this great auction begins in August, and be prepared to discover "the eMoviePoster.com difference" (if you are not one of our 64,000+ current and past customers).
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Consignments are FLOODING in for our August Major Auction!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 05:28:58 PM »
Good for you, Bruce.  Since I have never sold a poster and will not sell anything any time soon, I'm intrigued by how many pieces of paper are constantly floating around.  I mean, between Ebay, HA, Prop, you, it's a lot of stuff.  Are these from actual collectors or flippers?  Dead collectors maybe?  Dealers?  Can you tell?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
Re: Consignments are FLOODING in for our August Major Auction!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 07:52:26 AM »
Good for you, Bruce.  Since I have never sold a poster and will not sell anything any time soon, I'm intrigued by how many pieces of paper are constantly floating around.  I mean, between Ebay, HA, Prop, you, it's a lot of stuff.  Are these from actual collectors or flippers?  Dead collectors maybe?  Dealers?  Can you tell?

T

The majority is from people I dealt with 20 or 30 years who have reached a point where they are ready to let go of their collections, and don't want to leave a giant job for their heirs. And they choose to give it to the person they have had all good experiences buying from over those years.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html