Author Topic: A VERY major announcement about the future of eMoviePoster.com!  (Read 652 times)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
A VERY major announcement about the future of our business, eMoviePoster.com, that EVERY major consignor (or potential major consignor) MUST read!

This is Bruce Hershenson. I am EXTREMELY happy with the changes to eMoviePoster.com the past two years. After 33 years of doing this, I was running a danger of becoming "burned out", because of how incredibly hectic the business is. But NOW, thanks to our recent changes, this is no longer true AT ALL!

What changes am I talking about? The main two are the shift to "every four week auctions" and the ceasing of accepting ANY sub-$30 consignments AT ALL. These two changes are resulting in a much "leaner" eMoviePoster.com, one that does not take up all my time, leaving me stressed out at the end of each day!

I once again look forward to going to work each day, and I can see that, within a few months, once we auction off most of the sub-$30 items remaining here, we will be able to "settle in" to auctioning solely $30+ items, with likely an absolute maximum of 999 items in each of our three "every four week auctions".

This has the additional benefit of letting me work far less hard than previously, and, because there is a "slow period" in-between auctions, I can once again take regular trips, without fear of "falling behind" at work.

SO I AM NOW MAKING THIS COMMITMENT TO ALL OF OUR CONSIGNORS (and customers)! It is now half way through 2023. I will continue running this business (just as I have for the past 33 years) for the NEXT 30 months (through the end of 2025), at the very least!

After12/31/25, I make no promises at this time. I MAY continue longer, or I MAY turn the business over to the employees, or I MAY look for a buyer for it, or I MAY close it down!

BUT WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO OUR CONSIGNORS? If YOU are someone with a house (or a warehouse) full of items, realize that for the next 30 months you have a effortless way to sell all your items, both with no work on your part, and you get to deal with the most honest and most trusted auction there is!

AFTER 30 months from now, do those of you with a house (or a warehouse) full of items have a "Plan B"? You surely DON'T want to sell your items one at a time, and you surely know most dealers would offer you pennies on the the dollar, and you surely know that almost every other auction would charge you huge fees and only want your best stuff, so SHOULDN'T YOU CONSIDER THE MERITS OF CONSIGNING TO US OVER THE NEXT 30 MONTHS?

And PLEASE don't tell me that your plan is to let your heirs worry about how to deal with your stuff after you are gone. That often works out terribly, and sometimes whole collections are literally trashed. Unless you positively hate your heirs, do not choose this option!

Over and over the past few years, very long time collectors with huge collections have told me that "we need to have a talk one of these days" because they need to make a plan on how they will deal with their collection. That time has now come, and all of you with huge collections have 30 months left in which figure out what to do, and you want to start thinking about this sooner than later!

Now I have no crystal ball! Maybe a new auction like ours will emerge down the line that offers a reasonable alternative to auctioning a huge collection through us. I hope that occurs. But for right now, I feel that what I say above makes a massive amount of sense for those of you who are in an age bracket (or a point in your life or collecting) where you want and need to do SOMETHING with your collection sooner than later!

If YOU are someone like the collectors I describe above, please feel free to email or phone me so we can discuss "your next step"!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline Starling

• Collector
Re: A VERY major announcement about the future of eMoviePoster.com!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 08:03:45 PM »
The thought of not having an eMoviePoster auction house would be a truly sad day indeed. I have been eagerly paying close attention (and bidding and consigning) to your auctions for over a decade after Sue Heim turned me on to you. I'm hoping you stay in the business forever, Bruce (and maybe talk one of those Hershenson kids into taking it over  ;D). You're truly the best in the biz!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: A VERY major announcement about the future of eMoviePoster.com!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 09:50:26 PM »
Good read Bruce.

If I was in the selling business, I would for sure be one of those people who would call you.  Unfortunately, I do belong in the "Never sell" category and I will let my heirs deal with it.  Hopefully my wife, who is 12 years younger than me, will know what to do.  If she doesn't... Oh well!

I'm looking forward to the upcoming avalanche of good stuff.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)