Author Topic: June 2023  (Read 1752 times)

Offline riley540

• Beginner
June 2023
« on: June 05, 2023, 11:10:20 AM »

Very excited to add the Rear Window insert to the collection! I think this is one of Hitchcock’s best movies, and have always loved the artwork! I also think it’s funny that they added the image at the bottom that pretty much spoils the ending.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: June 2023
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 01:24:49 PM »
Wow, a true cinematic piece of history there, riley540.  And it looks in great condition.  Congrats!!!  I'm jealous.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 06:23:19 PM »
Congrats on this great insert (I never noticed before the major spoiler it includes,  ;D)! 

Online morphine

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 06:23:38 PM »
Picked up a White Christmas one sheet from a local sale this weekend.

Some condition issues but it's the original 28x42 inch, so never trimmed!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 06:29:41 PM »
Congrats on this great insert (I never noticed before the major spoiler it includes,  ;D)!

The French and Italians do too  Doh.gif  Check out Burr sharpening his knife haha

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline riley540

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 08:08:07 PM »
The French and Italians do too  Doh.gif  Check out Burr sharpening his knife haha

T

Haha! The one of Stewart hanging out of the window is pretty funny. Love the artwork, but it shows the climax of the movie!

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 01:06:03 AM »
Great movie!!    I wanted to organise a movie night with my daughter ("The Cremator") and she replied, "are we gonna watch that old movie about an old guy stalking neighbors from his window".   Ahahaha!!   New generation can get upset very quickly :)
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Offline AnthonyFR

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2023, 09:22:41 AM »
Superb 1st French release of 'Rear Window' (blue model in 2nd release)!!

On this June day, I just received my only two purchases since the beginning of the year on big auctions.
On HA auction :
- The British Quad double Bill 'The Curse of the Werewolf/Shadow of the Cat'. This poster join my Hammer collection
- The Cat Girl British Quad. (VF+ on HA, but rather VF- in my opinion)

I was present for the auction on the 2d day because it was the end of day in France. (The first day, the auction ended too late for me). This is also why I no longer bid too much (unfortunately) on eMoviePoster because the schedules are horrible for France (in the middle of the night)

And I unfortunately failed to get the large French poster 'This Gun for Hire' on Propstore, which I so desire. It exceeded my budget. :-[

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2023, 11:45:22 AM »
Congrats on that Hammer double bill, Anthony!  It's a great quad, glad it's joining your collection.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2023, 01:35:25 PM »
Superb 1st French release of 'Rear Window' (blue model in 2nd release)!!

Thanks.  I've had it for a while now and only posted it on this thread as an example of a poster that gives away the ending.  It's linenbacked, unfortunately, but I have yet to see another one since I bought it.

T
My Personal Collection

Online morphine

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2023, 02:44:44 PM »
A new local purchase yesterday. These are a set of 7 one-off posters created for the Canadian premiere here in Toronto of Ant-Man and the Wasp - Quantumania. The cool thing is these are not paper,  but a light plastic, similar to how some older lenticular posters were created. These should be the only ones in existence, as they were created just for the one theatre that hosted the premiere. I have a photo of Kathryn Newton posing in front of the posters as well at the premiere.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2023, 05:50:20 PM »
Those are cool, morphine. I'm partial to a character poster set!

Online morphine

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2023, 09:34:52 PM »
Those are cool, morphine. I'm partial to a character poster set!

Thanks Tob. I was pretty happy to find them available locally.

Jason.

Offline riley540

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2023, 05:20:26 PM »

Just sharing an update. I framed my rear window poster this week and it looks good hanging on the wall!

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2023, 08:08:24 PM »
Beautiful frame up!  Love it

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2023, 12:25:48 AM »
Fantastic!!!!  Gorgeous poster and frame  notworthy.gif

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2023, 01:08:59 PM »
Riley540: Nice going on framing your Rear Window.  It looks very nice.

T: Thanks for posting your French and Italian Rear Window posters.  I love those painted posters!!!

Morphine: It is so good to hear you are finding posters locally.  That warms this old man's heart!

AnthonyFR: Congratulations on the quads!  Double Hammer is really fun!

Okie