Movie Posters > Movie Posters - Latest Acquisitions

April 2023

(1/3) > >>

Heather_Mason_SH3:
Even though I have slowed down in my collecting since my last post I was still able to grab a few great posters!
I'll start with my favorite:

Here is the Lebanese poster for the 1987 film Killer Workout AKA Aerobicide! I was VERY excited when I saw this one pop up and IMMEDIATELY jumped on it! The posters for this film seem to be very rare and nonexistent! I also own two versions of the US video store poster for this film. It's one of my favorite slashers and I have been hunting alternate posters for this one for so long now! It almost seemed like I would never find one! I really love the artwork here. It's very different from the US posters. It's not in perfect condition and has odd folds but will look beautiful when framed. I was also happy to see that the image quality was pretty good after the last Lebanese poster I bought was disappointingly blurry and poor.

A video store poster for the 1984 musical film Voyage Of The Rock Aliens. This one was another that I was very happy to finally get my hands on after searching for so long. I honestly wasn't even sure if it existed since it seems to be pretty rare. I just love that it has all the extra artwork added on fearing different elements from the film that makes it different from the theatrical one sheet. It isn't in perfect condition and has some extra folds but I'm not going to complain because I'm just happy to finally have it! I also own the one sheet and Thierry hates "French Grande" and posted about my love for the film when I acquired those.

A UK Quad for the classic 1982 film Fast Time At Ridgemont High! Here's another that I had been keeping an eye out for the past few years. It seemed to be a less common poster and I had only seen it listed for insane amounts. So naturally I bought this one when I saw it for sale at a good price! Really love that it is so different from the US one sheet with unique artwork! I actually bought this one months ago but it took the longest time to get to me due to the issue with postage from the UK earlier in the year. It looks beautiful framed and is currently hanging up on my wall. I also own the Spanish poster for the film, the US 40x60 (also currently framed beautifully), as well as the tie-in poster for the book!

A video store poster for the controversial 1984 slasher Silent Night, Deadly Night! The US one sheet featuring this artwork was banned and the one that replaced it wasn't that great. This version seems to be much more rare than the banned one sheet and just as expensive. I absolutely love the film though and it has an amazing soundtrack that is perfect for the holidays! Someday I'll also go ahead and grab both versions of the one sheet but I'm happy to own this for now!

Not exactly a poster, but rather a sticker/postcard for another of my favorite films. 1986's Reform School Girls featuring Wendy O. Williams! It was issued to video stores in Australia and just a really cool piece of history for the film! Not sure how I'll display it safely yet but I'm happy to have it!

Also not exactly a poster but rather a banner advertising the video release of 1987's Can't Buy Me Love. I have a lot of love for the film so naturally I immediately jumped on buying this one when it was available. I think it will look great when framed and displayed with the video store poster!

Here's a poster advertising the video release of the 1986 classic Kathleen Turner film Peggy Sue Got Married! The focus of the poster is on a contest where you could win several different prizes based on 1960 nostalgia. I would've loved to have won that grand prize! Although I do have to wonder what one person could do with 1960 videocassettes of the film! faint2.gif
I don't believe I actually own any other posters for this film, but I do have the original script (not a reproduction, one actually used for the film). Still, it's a classic and I love Kathleen Turner!

An Australian video store poster for the 1985 comedy film Cavegirl. I have not seen the film yet, but it looks like one that I will love based on the trailer! I just had to jump on this one due to its rarity compared to the US posters and the fact that it has alternate artwork!

Australian video store poster for the 1986 film Recruits! Artwork by Enzo Sciotti, different from the US release! It's a fun film clearly taking inspiration the more popular Police Academy franchise! If you're a fan of those films I would highly recommend seeking this one out! It's a good time but it seems to have been forgotten over the years.

Australian video store poster for the 1986 film Separate Vacations. Artwork also by Enzo Sciotti and different from what we got in the US. I have to admit I have not seen the film yet but it sounds like it will be fun to watch!

That's all for now but I have at least two more good and exciting posters on the way soon!

eatbrie:
Love the Fast Times quad.  One just sold at Heritage.  I had my eyes on it but it sold for too much :(  Nice poster!

T

morphine:
Today was Star Wars shipment arrival day.

eatbrie:
It's funny how Star Wars has switched to TV and posters for Manda, Obi-Wan, Andor and Boba Fett are the new "Galaxy Far Far Away" collectibles.  I see some of them sell for $100s already.  It never ends.  Good stuff regardless!

T

eatbrie:
Not a poster, and not a new acquisition, but something I kept for years and forgot I had until last night when I found it by accident rummaging through a box.  Thought at least one of you might find it amusing.  For those who don't know, Billy Wilder was an academy awards winning director who made movies like Double Indemnity and Some Like it Hot.  Fairly big in his time.

The first time I met Billy in his office in Beverly Hills, I was a film student, we had a long conversation which he seemed to enjoy and he gave me his tie as I was about to leave.  Not sure why.  I'm not big an autographs and stuff like that, but I kept the tie for emotional value I suppose.  A year or so later, he also gave me a letter he had received from Marlene Dietrich.  I remember he was pissed because she had misspelled his name and wrote Bily.  She had been offered the lead in a reenactment of The Blue Angel for the theater in Berlin and wanted his advice.  He affectionately called her an "old kook' and was totally against the play.  I have no idea where that letter is unfortunately, but if I find it, I'll post it.  Kinda cool, and unlike autographs, real.

T

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version