Common Poster Subjects > Valuation

Andy Warhol

(1/1)

decrynne:
Hi again. I am looking for some info on this poster. I suppose I bought it because I found it interesting how they printed his name.
Thanks

decrynne:
I should add that I dont believe it to be a misprint as I have seen it as a backround poster somewhere before on the internet.

BwanaDik:
Internet is your friend.

There are few online.   I suspect yours to be a "PP" (Printer Proof), as if they tried blue ink instead of black ink; the lettering looks like a misprint though as if ink was little.
https://movieposters.ha.com/itm/miscellaneous/marilyn-monroe-by-andy-warhol-coldwater-press-achenbach-art-1995-rolled-very-fine-reproduction-art-print-24-x-30-andamp-total-2/a/162225-53155.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

BwanaDik:
As for valuation, difficult to say.
It is an unlimited printing... there are still a few full color poster for sale in auctions house online (300 usd as starting bid).
Make sure that size matches, it looks legit though.  I would say 120-150 USD if sold as a misprint; 300 USD if you manage to sell it as a unique "Printer Proof" :)

decrynne:
Wow. Thank you very much for the info. That is what I was hoping to get from here. Alone I can only get the info I guess to look at. My knowledge is limited at best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version