Author Topic: Andy Warhol  (Read 1534 times)

Offline decrynne

• Beginner
Andy Warhol
« on: March 14, 2023, 05:32:30 AM »
Hi again. I am looking for some info on this poster. I suppose I bought it because I found it interesting how they printed his name.
Thanks

Offline decrynne

• Beginner
Re: Andy Warhol
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 06:57:07 AM »
I should add that I dont believe it to be a misprint as I have seen it as a backround poster somewhere before on the internet.

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 01:41:28 AM »
Internet is your friend.

There are few online.   I suspect yours to be a "PP" (Printer Proof), as if they tried blue ink instead of black ink; the lettering looks like a misprint though as if ink was little.
https://movieposters.ha.com/itm/miscellaneous/marilyn-monroe-by-andy-warhol-coldwater-press-achenbach-art-1995-rolled-very-fine-reproduction-art-print-24-x-30-andamp-total-2/a/162225-53155.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 01:48:26 AM »
As for valuation, difficult to say.
It is an unlimited printing... there are still a few full color poster for sale in auctions house online (300 usd as starting bid).
Make sure that size matches, it looks legit though.  I would say 120-150 USD if sold as a misprint; 300 USD if you manage to sell it as a unique "Printer Proof" :)
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Offline decrynne

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 07:10:47 AM »
Wow. Thank you very much for the info. That is what I was hoping to get from here. Alone I can only get the info I guess to look at. My knowledge is limited at best.