Author Topic: Hello, World!  (Read 910 times)

Offline pcarnette

• Beginner
  • Boldy Going... Into Debt
Hello, World!
« on: June 21, 2023, 08:12:50 PM »
Hi all.

I've recently gotten the movie poster collecting bug. I've already learned a great deal by lurking here the last week including avoiding scam sellers on eBay. But I'm anxious to learn even more by joining and, hopefully, contributing here.

As a child of the 80s, my movie poster tastes are probably fairly mundane compared to long-time collectors. Right now I am focused on acquiring Star Trek original crew (TOS) one sheet movie posters.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 08:21:17 PM by pcarnette »

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: Hello, World!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 11:31:34 AM »
Welcome pcarnette, I hope you're enjoying the hobby and good to hear you've been learning from the forum!  welcome1

I'm also an 80s kid, it's a fun decade to collect (although prices seem to have shot up on a lot of titles as of late).

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 09:52:29 PM »
Ditto.  80s kid!  The best decade imo.  I own quite a few posters from that era and I'm certainly glad not to be looking for them today.

Good luck with your search.  Star Trek is a good collection to acquire.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 02:12:43 AM »
Let me also add my welcome to the fray. Tob and T (eatbrie) know of which they speak. Good for you honing in on a series. That's a freat way to start. Once you get those collected...you'll be off on other hunts all of the time. i've been collecting most of my life and still haven't (and never will) gotten everything I'm after--but that is part of the fun. I hope you have a great time here. As you have found, there are a LOT of knowledgeable people here that would love to help out. Just ask!
Cheers to your new adventure!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline pcarnette

• Beginner
  • Boldy Going... Into Debt
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 10:18:35 AM »
Thanks you all for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it. This has been a fantastic resource for me as I acquire US Star Trek posters at a break-neck pace. lol Hopefully, in the second couple months I will keep some pictures of them frame in either Spotlight Displays and Hollywood Movie Poster frames and can share them with you all.