Author Topic: Poster Tubes  (Read 915 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Poster Tubes
« on: January 27, 2023, 02:35:46 PM »
I have been buying those tubes from Bags Unlimited for years, but they stopped carrying/making them, which really sucks.  They were perfect for storage, holding 35 posters each (I use a plastic sleeve inside each tube to protect the posters from their surroundings.)

Anyhow, does anyone know where I can find these specific tubes today?  I'm assuming not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline redman

• Collector
Re: Poster Tubes
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 04:04:23 PM »
they are not tubes  thumbup
but i feel your pain - i hate it when supermarkets stop stocking a loved food, change is bad etc - if BagsUnlimited made them then i guess you could ask for a private order as cash is king (if they got them from a supplier then your problem is solved)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 04:39:52 PM »
Okay, they're not tubes, great, thanks for the semantics, but beyond that, not a bad idea, thanks.  I was secretly hoping another collector would have sourced them elsewhere, but I think it's wishful thinking.  We all have different ways of storing our gears.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 12:10:48 AM »
You don't give any specifics on them, but Uline carries a line of square tubes. Maybe they have something you can use?
https://www.uline.com/BL_3656/Square-Tubes
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com