Common Poster Subjects > Framing & Storage

Bubbles after linenbacking

(1/4) > >>

TerryKeefe:
Hi: I'm new to the Forum. I recently had 3 posters linen backed. One of them is this LET IT BE poster, and you can see there are ripples, or bubbles, at the top. The same is the case on the other posters. They weren't there prior to the linen backing.

Is this something that can be fixed? Is it considered a major defect?

Thanks for listening,
Terry

Neo:
 welcome1 Terry

Were they like that before you put them in the frames?  If you don't mind me asking, who did the linen backing?

TerryKeefe:
Thanks for responding. Yes, they were there before being framed.

Posterfix did the backing. Michael's the framing.

Thanks again.

Neo:

--- Quote from: TerryKeefe on January 20, 2023, 04:11:34 PM ---Thanks for responding. Yes, they were there before being framed.

Posterfix did the backing. Michael's the framing.

Thanks again.

--- End quote ---

Based on the linenbacking results, I had a feeling it was Posterfix.  There are others who've had similar results, with the bubbles, waviness, etc.  A proper linen backing job will completely flatten the poster.  There are some other threads here about different folks, including Posterfix, if you want to check them out.

eatbrie:
I am no expert in linenbacking  ;D but this is totally unacceptable.  Personally, I would have them redo it for free.  I have never seen this on any of my linenbacked posters, and yes, I would consider this a major defect.

T

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version