Movie Posters > Movie Posters - Latest Acquisitions

January 2023

(1/3) > >>

Antoine1973:
Technically this rare UK quad was a December 2022 pick up, but I only got it in the mail today.  An early Hammer sci-fi title from 1957 (made shortly before the company found massive international success with their then modern take on Frankenstein and Dracula), which I'm happy to add to my never-ending Hammer collection.

Chris9000:

So much going on in that on..... A beautiful piece none-the-less! One of my favorites in my collection and one of the few I have framed is a Hammer, the French Curse of The Werewolf.

Congrats on your find.

Chris

Antoine1973:
Thanks Chris.  I love the 2 different French posters that the great Guy Gerard Noel designed for Curse of the Werewolf (I own both sizes and the smaller version also happens to be framed on my walls).

Heather_Mason_SH3:
Nice purchase! I've never seen the film myself but love the artwork! Is it linen backed?

I'll continue the trend of "purchased in December" since a few of mine were bought back then but took about a month to arrive from other countries.

Although not technically a "poster" these are two sets of untrimmed German lobby cards for the 1982 comedy "Partners". I'm going to leave them this way and frame them as they are. This was such a great film that I loved a lot more than I thought I would and immediately purchased what I could for it. Unfortunately the one sheet was lost by the seller so I'll have to buy another. Eventually I'm going to gather as much as I can for this one so this is a good start!

This one was such an incredible find for me. It's a rare German video poster for the 1984 Australian film "Melvin, Son Of Alvin". It's another I never thought I would find. Everything for this film just seems to be insanely rare for whatever reason. The VHS release for the US (known as "Girl-Toy") took forever to find and I never thought I'd find it. It was also released as "Foreplay" in other countries. I already own the Australian daybill that I have framed as well as the Australian one sheet, which needs a custom frame due to its irregular size. I hate myself for JUST BARELY missing out on a "Foreplay" variant poster for another country that sold just a month before I started searching for posters. Still some work left to do for this one to complete my collection, but maybe someday! This one has become somewhat of a recurring joke between my fiance and I - due to the film itself and it's theme song. We love it.
Oh - and much to my horror - this one came shipped by being wrapped in ANOTHER POSTER! R.I.P. I felt bad tearing it apart when I saw what it was.

No clue what this film is but it was thrown in for free with Melvin. Maybe I'll watch it someday.

Again not exactly a poster but more of a brochure (?) that is double sided and opens up. I originally thought it was some sort of standee when I saw a picture of it and began hunting it down so I was surprised when I saw what it actually was. This is for 1985's "Tomboy" with Betsy Russell. One of my favorites films of all-time. I'll definitely frame it and display it although I'll have to figure out which side I want. Unfortunately I'll need two more to display everything this one offers - maybe someday if they pop up! Still happy to have this in my growing Tomboy collection!

gargoyle67:
Got these today although they've been sitting in customs since xmas  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version