Author Topic: NEW RULES on consigning auction items to my business, eMoviePoster.com!  (Read 1290 times)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
NEW RULES on consigning auction items to my business, eMoviePoster.com (effective immediately):

1) All consignments MUST have a solid realistic individual retail of $30 per item to qualify for single auctions. If you want your single auction items auctioned far more quickly, then send them organized as to type, country and size.

2) If you want to send items that have a realistic retail of UNDER $30 (solely to be placed in bulk lots), they MUST be kept separated from your single sale items (either within the same package or in separate ones), and THEY MUST BE SORTED BY SIZE OR COUNTRY (and not be in bags or boards).

3) ALL consignment packages much contain a realistic overall minimum realistic retail value of at least $200.

That is all the rules! They are not "new" as they have been in place for over a year, but a few consignors keep ignoring them, and EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY we will be returning (at the consignor's cost) all packages that break any of these three simple rules.

And PLEASE! We don't want bottom of the barrel items, (like ones in terrible condition, ones that nobody wants, etc) AT ALL! But since some people can't tell what these are, we will still (for now) allow consignors to send them, but ONLY if they give us the OK to trash items of no value.

We want to build an eMoviePoster.com that can keep being the best auction house there is for years to come, and it is ONLY through strictly enforcing the above rules that we can do so!

It is in the best interest of every collector and consignor for this to happen. Thanks for being understanding of our need to enforce these simple rules.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: NEW RULES on consigning auction items to my business, eMoviePoster.com!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 04:43:41 PM »
1) All consignments MUST have a solid realistic individual retail of $30 per item to qualify for single auctions. If you want your single auction items auctioned far more quickly, then send them organized as to type, country and size.

Happy New Year Bruce!

Q: what is the $30 threshold based on, the latest sale price on Emovie for each item? I sorted the auction results from last week by price, and some great posters did not make the $30 cut. In the past, many of these would have easily sold above $30, but you know, recession, inflation, Christmas, etc.

"Just send us your posters we will take care of the rest" used to be Emovie modus operandi.  With consignors now being asked to research, justify, sort and separate posters amongst packages- any concerns those consignors are getting turned off?

Happy to take this discussion to another thread if mods can oblige!
 thumbsup.gif

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 07:29:15 PM »
That’s a really good point, Bruce.  For instance, I didn’t bid at your Christmas auction even though there were plenty of items I desired.  Why, because it was Christmas and I try not to be too lame.  I checked afterwards and I know a bunch of items I wanted sold for less than $30.  Had I bid, they would have sold for more.  So how does it work?

T
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 07:32:16 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 10:13:40 PM »
Happy New Year Bruce!

Q: what is the $30 threshold based on, the latest sale price on Emovie for each item? I sorted the auction results from last week by price, and some great posters did not make the $30 cut. In the past, many of these would have easily sold above $30, but you know, recession, inflation, Christmas, etc.

"Just send us your posters we will take care of the rest" used to be Emovie modus operandi.  With consignors now being asked to research, justify, sort and separate posters amongst packages- any concerns those consignors are getting turned off?

Happy to take this discussion to another thread if mods can oblige!
 thumbsup.gif

It is not that cut and dried. If an item GENERALLY sells over $30 in recent years, then I will keep trying it until it CLEARLY drops down a big notch (likely the $20 range). If it USED to be $40, and the last few are in the $20 range, I want to quit auctioning that title.

Another BIG factor is condition. Every bidder loves great condition, and few like bad condition, unless it comes at a steep discount. So I am more forgiving of the $30 threshold with great condition posters, and less forgiving with bad condition posters.

Most consignors send a few items that don't deserve single auction, but if it is only a few out of many, I let it go. But there are a few consignors who mostly only send $10 to $40 items, expecting single auctions on all, and I can't keep doing that. The time wasted is even worse than the fact that I don't even break even on such consignments.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 10:14:58 PM »
That’s a really good point, Bruce.  For instance, I didn’t bid at your Christmas auction even though there were plenty of items I desired.  Why, because it was Christmas and I try not to be too lame.  I checked afterwards and I know a bunch of items I wanted sold for less than $30.  Had I bid, they would have sold for more.  So how does it work?

T

See my answer above. One lesser result is not a big deal. Those are NOT the kind of items I am wanting to stop auctioning.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 10:21:26 PM »

Its becoming the way of the world, do it yourself. Soon to buy food, we'll need to be allowed on the farm, pick our potatoes, catch the pig and take to the processing room, fold the chocolate bar into a wrapper and we go wait at the front entrance to collect our items after we enter all our purchases into the computer, and pay, then prove the purchase to the solicitor a few steps back, then lift the boom gate manually to drive out

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 10:58:55 PM »
Personally, I’d be very pleased if you got rid of ALL Fair, Fair to Good and Good posters.  Only auction above $30 Good to Very Good and Very Good posters.  This way, you could also stop telling people to linenback their posters if the condition is not optimal.  Win-win!

T
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 11:00:03 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)