Author Topic: What did you just watch?  (Read 925738 times)

Ogami_Itto

Re: What did you just watch?
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »
I agree - makes me want to upgrade from my NES/SNES and get an Xbox just so I can play it...

there is no upgrade past snes its the best, i play mine more than my ps3.

ps: anyone playing the new mortal kombat?

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »
ps: anyone playing the new mortal kombat?

See Chris..a MEGA drive game..im telling you mate i may have to let this baby go...

Stew

DreamWarrior

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2011, 02:31:45 PM »
I just watched Deep Red with my friend last light. Italian horror masterpiece my ass. With so many good reviews out there I thought it would be pretty good. It was boring, poorly acted, had a lame plot, and the music was TERRIBLE. If this is supposed to be Dario Argento's crowning moment I have no interest in seeing his other movies.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 02:32:21 PM by DreamWarrior »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2011, 03:34:12 PM »
Pirates 4 tonight.  General reviews are bad, but Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, two local business papers I tend to base my moviegoing experience on, gave it 2 thumbs up, so we'll see.

BTW, I paid $42 for 2 tickets in IMAX 3D!  When did that happen?  Is it the going rate nowadays?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2011, 04:04:24 PM »
laugh1  Yeah man.  The games from Rockstar Games are awesome.  From the story line to the graphics and everything.  Another good one that is going to be released by them in the Fall is Max Payne 3.  And hopefully they will continue with the Grand Theft Auto line, because the last one (GTA IV and the add-ons - The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony) were insanely kick ass.  But yeah, I'll let y'all know sometime this week how L.A. Noire is and start a new thread on it.

Please do!
Chris

longdog

« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2011, 04:31:52 PM »
Pirates 4 tonight.  General reviews are bad, but Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, two local business papers I tend to base my moviegoing experience on, gave it 2 thumbs up, so we'll see.

BTW, I paid $42 for 2 tickets in IMAX 3D!  When did that happen?  Is it the going rate nowadays?

T

Count yourself lucky, over here in Blighty you'll be paying $52 for two standard tickets ($60 premium) at the London Southbank Imax.

Hope you enjoy the film though.

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2011, 04:50:23 PM »
The IMAX tickets around here are $15 each, no student discounts.  :( 

Will do, Chris, as soon as I can force myself to understand the hieroglyphics otherwise known as Organic Chemistry, L.A. Noire will be at the top of my list of things to do.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2011, 05:30:02 PM »

Saw it a few nights ago.  It's a Pirartes film, no better or worse than the others. 

Pay?

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
The IMAX tickets around here are $15 each, no student discounts.  :( 

Will do, Chris, as soon as I can force myself to understand the hieroglyphics otherwise known as Organic Chemistry, L.A. Noire will be at the top of my list of things to do.

I wish.  The Milwaukee theaters now have a new trick that "reserves" the middle of the theater for yet another $4 surcharge.  If I don't want to sit in the first 3 rows or way on the side, it will now cost me over $20 for an IMAX 3-D feature.  In Milwaukee, not NYC!
-Jay-

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2011, 03:23:12 PM »
Well I've been playing catch up lately, Watched The Kings Speech, Black Swan, and Green Hornet.  The kings speech was a jollyfine piece of film making, with some first rate performances. Sort of enjoyed Black Swan, the film starts slow and builds to a fair old pace. So quite well done. I was expecting to Hate the Green Hornet, as I've been a life long Bruce Lee fan, even so far into the film, I was trying to pick fault with everything, but turns out I quite enjoyed it. Someone has injected a bit of British humour to go along with it, So all was good. The Black Beauty makes a lovely V8 rumble...

In between those I've fitted in Suspiria, was put in the mood for that by watching Black Swan. Must by Argento's greatest film. Also fit in Man Made Monster, Lon as Dynamo Dan, a jolly old universal picture. Lastly Hammer's Captain Clegg, or night creatures to you American fellows... Cushing, Reed, Ripper, and the lovely Yvonne Romain. Excellent entertainment by a great cast.   
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2011, 03:46:40 PM »
I watched Silver Bullet and An American Werewolf in London.  Two of my favorite werewolf movies....
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

DreamWarrior

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2011, 06:45:14 PM »
I watched Silver Bullet and An American Werewolf in London.  Two of my favorite werewolf movies....
Good flicks, too bad Silver Bullet has a pretty bad 1sh.

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2011, 07:46:59 PM »
It does but I just scored a uk quad.  I am superstitous about saying that before I receive it....oh well.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2011, 09:57:04 PM »
last time I went to the cinema (Piranha 3D) a regular cinema, it was $20, thats why I rarely go.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2011, 04:32:08 PM »
They pulled off a great adaptation.  The books are right up there among the best fantasy series since Lord of the Rings.

im up to Ep 7 of game of thrones now... its immense to say the least, one of the best series iv watched so far...

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2011, 04:33:36 PM »
Count yourself lucky, over here in Blighty you'll be paying $52 for two standard tickets ($60 premium) at the London Southbank Imax.

Hope you enjoy the film though.

try goin with the missis & 2 kids

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2011, 02:20:18 PM »
Watched Raiders of the lost arc again last night, for the first time in a few years. You forget how good it is, may watch temple of doom tonight, and last crusade if Yvonne can take the pace...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2011, 06:36:36 PM »
Watched The Lady Eve last night... the first 45 min had me scratching my head as to why it was considered a screwball comedy, but it picked up nicely after they left the boat.

I think Eugene Pallette ended up being my favorite character... "we've had the couch for 15 years and nobody has tripped over it before.". Cute movie.

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2011, 08:51:20 PM »
I watched Hatchet 2 and it sucked. 

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2011, 12:17:42 AM »
I wasted my time watching Buried...it was horrible.

DreamWarrior

« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2011, 12:50:11 AM »
Finally saw The Descent last night. It was quite good for a newish horror movie. They could have made an instense movie just about cave exploring and claustrophobia without sub-human monsters. It was a good mix of tension build up along with brutal gore.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2011, 02:58:53 PM »
Watched "temple of Doom", it's most definitely the weakest of the first 3. "Last Crusade" is excellent and back on track with the first. I haven't seen these in years, enjoyed watching them again.

Also have Re-Watched "A night to remember", again I prefer this to the over hyped "Titanic", in fact Titanic is almost a direct copy, with a few Americanisation's.  We also watched the "Dam busters" always a pleasure to see this film. I met Richard Todd some years back, A charming and very quite man who couldn't believe people still remembered him, and enjoyed his films...   

Sorry for including the David Carradine next to Richard, Carradine was a wanker to meet...

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2011, 03:04:40 PM »
Sorry for including the David Carradine next to Richard, Carradine was a wanker to meet...

That little Ying-Yang doodle just screams A**hole !...... :)

Stew

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2011, 03:24:02 PM »
Unfortunately so right Stew. I was hoping to talk with him about his Dad, but after I slowed the Que down who was there to see him, by wanting things signed a certain way. I was ushered along.  Oh well, they can't all be nice people... 

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2011, 10:09:32 AM »
Watched "temple of Doom", it's most definitely the weakest of the first 3. "Last Crusade" is excellent and back on track with the first. I haven't seen these in years, enjoyed watching them again.

Also have Re-Watched "A night to remember", again I prefer this to the over hyped "Titanic", in fact Titanic is almost a direct copy, with a few Americanisation's.  

I agree on all counts. Doom is the least of the three but have you watched the latest one? I know people liked it but I was not one of them. On the bright side it did get me in the mood to watch the original and it is just as great as I remember it at the theatre in my ute.

Watched The Big Sleep again the other night.  clap happy1

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 10:10:53 AM by Zorba »