Author Topic: MPE - Anyone else having concerns?  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Charlie

• Collector
MPE - Anyone else having concerns?
« on: November 13, 2022, 06:51:29 PM »
Been going round and round for two plus months now with sporadic responses from Jason. Anyone else not received their posters from MPE? I’ve got $1300 tied up and can’t seem to get him to ship. It’s been over 75 days.

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
Re: MPE - Anyone else having concerns?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 08:37:56 AM »
Yes, same here, although I'm only waiting on one poster and it's sub-$100 including shipping to the UK. Paid for it back in August. Jason was super responsive before the auction closed in terms of answering questions I had about condition, etc, and he's been really helpful to me in the past (before he took over MPE). More recently, I tried sending him a PM via Facebook Messenger and via the generic info@ email address on the MPE website, but so far nothing by way of response.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 10:30:19 AM »
I have not bought from Movie Poster Exchange in a very very long time, but it seems very surprising to me.  Doesn't Jason have friends on this forum?  I hope he's okay.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 10:53:28 AM »
I have not bought from Movie Poster Exchange in a very very long time, but it seems very surprising to me.  Doesn't Jason have friends on this forum?  I hope he's okay.

T

Yeah, I was able get him a couple times. He had the illness but claimed to have recovered. Felt like he was getting back into form and then he goes silent again. I offered to help but he said he had it covered. I am just wondering if my posters are a one-off or nothing is coming from MPE…

Just kind of that sinking feeling that he about to disappear… AND as we all know some of the best internet poster buds have let us down and disappeared with posters/money.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 07:19:01 PM »
Is Jason Jeff (Eric)?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 08:25:38 PM »
There are very, very few people I trust in this hobby.  5 to be exact :)  I have only dealt with Jason once directly, for a Rise of Skywalker Dolby poster a couple years ago.  He doesn't strike me as a Jeff.  Very professional dude.  I wouldn't be overly concerned, if I were you.  Give him a little time to recover.

I bought a bunch of quads from the UK in January.  The seller was always extremely courteous and even said that the posters had been shipped twice.  Nothing ever came.  This morning, I finally got confirmation that the posters had been shipped.  9 months later!  She confessed that there was water damage in her garage and she was too ashamed to tell me and spent all this time trying to re-buy those posters from different sources.  Patience is key in this hobby.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 04:15:23 AM »
I haven’t heard back from Jason either. I hope he’s ok and recovers soon.

Online morphine

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 08:53:28 PM »
I have seen Jason E. active on Facebook in the last 24 hours, after not having seen him in quite some time.

Having successfully dealt with him several times over the years, I'm certain he will be taking care of everything soon.

Jason (me).

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2022, 07:33:31 AM »
Jason is back in action. He was at UPS yesterday and sent shipping info for my MPE package. Seems to be getting things out.

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 10:23:54 AM »
Good to hear and thanks for the update.

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2023, 07:08:22 AM »
Just to let you know, in the interest of fairness, my poster from MPE finally arrived recently.

Offline ealingmovieposters

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2023, 04:27:40 PM »
I'm OK with MPE - they have some good prices but when I read "All shipments should optimally be sent within three (3) days of confirmation of purchase." - I just opened a claim with PayPal after 4 weeks of hearing nothing. The posters were sent after that - ABC - All About Communication.

Will buy again
Regards

Ian

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2023, 12:44:34 AM »
Won a few posters in 2016.  I wrote to them asking to combine for three consecutive auctions as stated in terms, no reply.
Too bad as prices are fair, especially in auctions.  I haven't bid since my unanswered email; that's 7 years ago :) :) 
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2023, 02:28:26 AM »
Hello Bwana, 
  I wanted to invite you back to MPE.  6 years ago yikes! I am the new owner and will happily and promptly combine purchases in the future.
Now in the invoices section you can combine your invoices on your own as well. More improvements have been made and I am constantly making more small tweaks and fixes addressed.
Yes I had some hiccups recently as seen in this thread, but am back to normal and excited to carry the torch of MPE.  If you need any help re-registering etc please contact me here in pms or through my site in on the contact page.

Everyone,
  Thanks to everyone for the support. apologies again for going dark. not a Jeff and not going anywhere. Back on facebook and I missed it greatly. I do a ton in the poster groups there (admin several) weeding out the scammers and so much behind the scenes. I still get asked for help on daily and even when I don't have time I just can't say no. I love this hobby and will never let this happen again.  I deserve backlash I will admit it first and was shocked that I wasn't dumped on harder. -Jason

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2023, 08:08:38 PM »
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force...."

Then Mel, Jason... who's next?

;)
Glad to see you are up and running again Jason!

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2023, 12:30:32 AM »
Hello Bwana, 
  I wanted to invite you back to MPE.  6 years ago yikes! I am the new owner and will happily and promptly combine purchases in the future.
Now in the invoices section you can combine your invoices on your own as well. More improvements have been made and I am constantly making more small tweaks and fixes addressed.
Yes I had some hiccups recently as seen in this thread, but am back to normal and excited to carry the torch of MPE.  If you need any help re-registering etc please contact me here in pms or through my site in on the contact page.

Everyone,
  Thanks to everyone for the support. apologies again for going dark. not a Jeff and not going anywhere. Back on facebook and I missed it greatly. I do a ton in the poster groups there (admin several) weeding out the scammers and so much behind the scenes. I still get asked for help on daily and even when I don't have time I just can't say no. I love this hobby and will never let this happen again.  I deserve backlash I will admit it first and was shocked that I wasn't dumped on harder. -Jason

Thanks, I will.  Welcome back!
I am a FB guy, hit me with the page you are running on FB so that I can join tooo.
Cheers!
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.