Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2901 times)

Offline hauser

• Beginner
Hello!
« on: April 27, 2022, 05:02:25 PM »
Hello!

Long time reader of these forums but finally had to join when I had a question I couldn’t get answered by searching through old posts. My collection is limited to what I have on my walls since I got rid of my flat files a few years back. I am still regularly  acquiring new posters and switching them out and adding new things to those as I tend to get bored of what I have on display.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 05:27:14 PM »
Hello, and welcome, and what's the question?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 07:31:08 PM »
Welcome, hauser! What genre/time period do you like to collect? Or a bit of everything?

Hello, and welcome, and what's the question?

T

I think the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood thread that you kindly answered with some nice photos.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 09:18:37 PM »
My bad.  Thanks Tob.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline hauser

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 12:13:33 PM »
It was answered - thank you again!

I've gone through various phases of collecting  the "big" ones (Bond & Star Wars) but it varies. Right now everything I have up is 70s / 80s sci-fi. My current favorite I have up right now is a Westworld Quad. The 1970s brown and orange remind me of the kitchen in my house growing up. I'm shocked that brown never caught on in movie poster design.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 05:21:27 PM »
Great poster, Hauser.   thumbsup.gif

Show us more!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 08:59:37 PM »
Great Westworld quad, Hauser!  I love sci-fi and horror quads from the 1950s on through the early 1980s, they're quite fun.

Offline hauser

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 09:33:29 AM »
Great poster, Hauser.   thumbsup.gif

Show us more!

T

Since you were kind enough to take out your OUATIH posters and photograph them, another photo is the least I can do.

Great movie, pretty good poster (great tagline and title typeface) but I am a sucker for any poster that "evolved" over time, even if it is just a change in title color (although I am not sure if there is a story as to why they switched from the original green as it is more attention grabbing).

Just to clarify, I don't think this is a quad and have it hung sideways, I just can't figure out how to rotate the images on here...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2022, 10:11:41 AM »
Ah, you got the green title version.  I have never been able to get it at a price that makes sense.

Jealous!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2022, 02:50:23 AM »
Mr Hauser! Welcome aboard. I see you have already met a few of the locals. They, like all of us, would love to see your collection. The WESTWORLD and DAWN OF THER DEAD are groovy, but else have you got? (Yes, we ARE nosy!)
If you've been lurking, you know there's a great bunch o' people here. Ask away. You will find help.

CHEERS
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!