Author Topic: Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back Concept International Rolled  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back Concept International Rolled Original One Sheet Poster

Before you ask, selling off the majority of my collection. Lots of movie posters from silent through the 90's plus WWI, WWII, and more.

This poster, featuring some of the most incredible artwork seen on any movie poster for the Star Wars films is a true rarity and one of the most sought after "Holy Grail" pieces for Star Wars collectors owing to its being a concept poster that was never released publicly or sent to theaters and that so few exist.
The poster seen here was created as a concept piece using incredible artwork by the famed artist Roger Kastel. Several examples were printed to be shared for use in approvals by people who would come to decide that the poster was too busy and wanted elements removed as not to give away some of the elements of the new film. After that the new "Gone With the Wind" version that is also highly sought was created with more muted colors and several elements like Lando, Cloud City, and Boba Fett removed. There is only one version of this poster known, marked "Empire Strikes Back' 1 Sheet International" in the lower border. An "international" poster for those that are not familiar, is an English poster created for use oversees with the main difference being the absence of the normal rating box seen on domestic versions.

Now days these posters are incredibly hard to find with it sometimes going years before one comes up for sale. Numerous reprints of this poster exist, most if not all are technically bootlegs, but this one is guaranteed to be the real deal.

This poster again is a guaranteed original measuring approximately 27"x41"and is unrestored and in very good rolled condition. The poster exhibits some foxing in the upper and lower white border, minor edge where along one top edge and some handling marks and rippling mostly in the lower 3" of the poster. None of these affect the appearance of the poster and it displays beautifully. Poster though, if the new owner chooses, could very easily be linen back and restored to look mint. All images are of the poster for sale.

$16,500 obo. Free shipping worldwide. Depending on location, I may even hand deliver.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 07:45:59 PM by Undead »
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
I think when you sell something for $16,500, you should be able to do free shipping worldwide, don't you think?  ;)

Also, why are you selling your collection, if you don't mind me asking.

Finally, remarkable poster, worth every penny imo.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Thought I marked it that way, sure worldwide free.

Parents health is not where I would l like it to be so we will be buying a new house and moving them in with us. We want as small a mortgage as possible so letting all but six pieces go. May rebuild some of the collection later on once things settle out but for right now family of course is first.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
Sorry to hear that your parents' health is declining, I wish you the best taking care of them.  It's good that you're in position to help.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Thank you
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
I second that.  Good luck with everything.  I'm glad to hear people like you still exist.

Out of curiosity, what 6 pieces are you keeping?  Is it just Star Wars or other things too?  Am i going to be interested in something?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
I hope the move goes well for you and your parents.

I remember buying a Blade Runner 30 x 40 from you many moons ago, it was an easy transaction and the packing was excellent, so buyers should proceed with confidence! Good luck with the sale.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Thank you all.

Tob, I remember that one quite well and on occasion have lamented selling it. It went to a good home so happy it landed where it did.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Re: Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back Concept International Rolled
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2022, 03:31:49 PM »
Sold a while ago.

Brie, sorry I thought I responded to your questions but apparently did not.

Will you be interested in anything? Not really sure I think you have the majority of what I will be letting go but will keep it in mind in case something fits your criteria. I have some only known copies of things but most of them need to be backed due to deterioration.

What am I keeping? Don't really know yet but think it will be more like 12 than 6. Probably at least one piece for each of the Star Wars movies. Some from other favorite movies from my childhood and a couple where the artwork is really great regardless of the movie. The only one that is definitely not going anywhere so far is the Fay Wray signed Kong 3sh.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2022, 07:42:46 PM »

The only one that is definitely not going anywhere so far is the Fay Wray signed Kong 3sh.

I have 2 of those but one is in bad shape and the other is linenbacked.  Is yours folded?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2022, 09:13:22 AM »
I have 2 of those but one is in bad shape and the other is linenbacked.  Is yours folded?

T

ROLLED!!! Sorry Brie, I don't have your funding, mine is an S2.
Just bleach the bitch!

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2022, 12:37:41 PM »
Undead aka Mike is a good guy.  I asked him about a fairly scarce poster a while ago, and he messaged me almost as soon as an exceptional one appeared for sale and I instantly bought it.  Of course he could have bought it himself and sold it to me at an inflated price, sold it to someone else, kept it for himself, etc., but he let me know about it and it's one of the best in my humble collection.   

The guy has a wealth of knowledge and of course some excellent stuff in his collection.  It's very respectable to put family first in difficult times. 

Good luck with the sales and all, Mike.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2022, 05:45:48 PM »
He is our Star Wars guru!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2022, 12:26:46 PM »
Thank you guys, the kind words are appreciated!
Just bleach the bitch!