Author Topic: October 2022  (Read 2362 times)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
October 2022
« on: October 12, 2022, 07:22:50 PM »
I'm still very behind in sorting posters, but found some time to shuffle some paper around today and took some snaps of a few newish arrivals:

Paris, Texas - UK Quad from a recent re-release

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg - Japanese B2

Irreversible - Japanese B2

The Sting - 24 x 36" screen print. Art by Hans Woody

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
Re: October 2022
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 07:57:06 PM »
Love that Japanese Umbrellas of Cherbourg.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 01:14:30 AM »
You reminded me that I haven't received my Paris Texas yet.  I completely forgot about it.  Thanks.

And I haven't received my Sting either :(

Love that Irreversible!!!  And of course, Les Parapluies is beautiful!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 03:27:20 AM »
That The Umbrellas of Cherbourg is great!  You don't often see B2 in landscape style  thumbsup.gif

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 11:02:31 AM »
Thanks fellas.

T - hope the Paris, Texas quad arrives with you. It's on really thin paper unfortunately.

Hicks77 - I thought we had a thread for horizontal Japanese posters in the genres section, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe I'll start one when I get a moment...

Online morphine

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2022, 01:54:19 PM »
The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey lenticular poster from 2012.

This is the Kili version.

Just an amazing 3D effect on these Hobbit lenticular posters. The best I have ever seen.

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2022, 05:32:05 PM »
Some recent acquisitions, all Italian paper, including 2 flicks by the great Mario Bava.  Hercules in the Haunted World is pretty massive!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2022, 03:33:44 AM »
Beautiful posters, Antoine! I especially like Planet of the Vampires - an inventive design and gorgeous colours and art. Hercules is spectacular too, so vivid! They make me want to watch the films.

The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey lenticular poster from 2012.

I remember Jason (a member here) sharing some videos of a couple of the Hobbit lenticulars, the depth of the 3D effect was impressive.

Online morphine

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2022, 05:03:04 PM »
Two recent pickups in a package deal from a local theatre manager. Both look to be variants of the normal posters that I can find online. I am in Toronto, Canada so I assume these are both Canadian variants on the regular poster design. The Interstellar is D/S, the Ex Machina is S/S.

I must be dumb...is there a way to change the orientation of these photos.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 09:10:29 PM »
Some recent acquisitions, all Italian paper, including 2 flicks by the great Mario Bava.  Hercules in the Haunted World is pretty massive!

Amazing condition on those, Antoine!  Okie

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2022, 05:19:11 PM »
Love that, Paris quad, Tob!

The softness of the image lends well.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2022, 08:56:45 PM »
I agree.  It is much better than the original.  I finally got mine, btw.  The seller forgot to send it and I forgot about it hahaha.  So thanks Tob.

I also like the Nastassja in my avatar looking down at the other Nastassjas.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2022, 05:24:48 AM »
Glad yours arrived safely, T! I hadn’t seem that second style.

Love that, Paris quad, Tob!

The softness of the image lends well.

Thanks Chris! Good to see you posting again. Are still collecting posters and vinyl?

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2022, 03:20:38 PM »

Thanks, Tob! I still pop in here occasionally, mostly to have a look around... not nearly collecting like I use to. Same with vinyl. I use to collect for rare pressings, etc., now I just buy what I like neverminded when it was made.

I have been working on an print/AMP company for a while now though, just finished the fundraising. Hoping for a late spring/early summer opening. Looking to focus on on some titles that haven't been ton a thousand times already.

Hope all is well your way!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2022, 06:12:06 PM »
Thanks, Tob! I still pop in here occasionally, mostly to have a look around... not nearly collecting like I use to. Same with vinyl. I use to collect for rare pressings, etc., now I just buy what I like neverminded when it was made.

I have been working on an print/AMP company for a while now though, just finished the fundraising. Hoping for a late spring/early summer opening. Looking to focus on on some titles that haven't been ton a thousand times already.

Hope all is well your way!

Glad you're well, Chris. The Print/AMP company sounds exciting! I like the focus on titles off the beaten track. Good luck and please keep us up to date on that, I imagine a few potential customers hang around these parts (including me)

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2022, 04:26:28 PM »
Glad you're well, Chris. The Print/AMP company sounds exciting! I like the focus on titles off the beaten track. Good luck and please keep us up to date on that, I imagine a few potential customers hang around these parts (including me)

I certainly will. Thanks for the support, buddy!