Author Topic: So much dissension in the world today that we can't all agree on ANYTHING!!!!!!!  (Read 1036 times)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
It sometimes seems like there is so much dissension in the world today that we can't all agree on ANYTHING.

But there IS one thing we can all agree on and that is that what this world needs is a 100% HONEST auction site, where everything TRULY starts at $1, and there are NONE of those awful "buyers premiums"!

And EVERY item is honestly described, and you get a LIFETIME guarantee on what you buy (other auctions are "buyer beware", and have NO guarantee at all).

Fortunately, there IS such an auction, and it is eMoviePoster.com, which has run 1.86 MILLION auctions over 31 years!

Our Tuesday and Thursday auctions are currently "live" (and Sunday we add our Halloween Auctions) and these absolutely ARE three of our best sets of auctions EVER!

Tuesday: 1,123 "flat" items & 653 "rolled" posters (because we have TWO "major" auctions at once, see below, THIS auction has both flat and rolled items, and has a lot of extreme rarities! See them all at https://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/13.html

Thursday: 2,530 art prints in the "Second Ever Major Mondo Print Auction" (these wonderful art prints are taking the collecting world by storm, and all proceeds from this go to a very worthy charity)! See them all at https://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/14.html

Sunday: 1,877 (that's not a typo!) horror/sci-fi/fantasy items of every kind in our 23rd Annual Halloween Auction, likely our very best ever! See them all Sunday at 3 PM CT!

And there are just THREE weeks left in which to consign to our incredible December Major Auction, which will likely be our best auction of the year. See lots of wonderful preview items at https://www.emovieposter.com/learnmore/?page=consign_major#2022december
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Thanks for you big font, Bruce.  I sat on my glasses the other day, and until they fix then, I have those cheap Target glasses which are not ideal.  I have to squint a lot.  BUT NOT WITH YOU!!!!

thumbsup.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Super excited about this upcoming auction from Bruce, not only to see what never before (or rarely) auctioned gems he has to make it one of the best ever; but because, like Thierry, I feel so many auctions are realizing prices that are beyond my budget but I NEVER get that feeling with a Bruce auction. I know that if there is something I really want, it will be affordable, and in these times that is extra important.
Thanks Bruce!!  thumbsup.gif
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Super excited about this upcoming auction from Bruce, not only to see what never before (or rarely) auctioned gems he has to make it one of the best ever; but because, like Thierry, I feel so many auctions are realizing prices that are beyond my budget but I NEVER get that feeling with a Bruce auction. I know that if there is something I really want, it will be affordable, and in these times that is extra important.
Thanks Bruce!!  thumbsup.gif

Maybe "affordable" in the sense that at eMovie the realized prices are more likely to be fair market value, especially compared to auction houses that have been known to use hidden reserves, house bidding, buyer's premium, etc.   

thumbsup.gif

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
It's all  deadhorse, always the same story, but yes, Neo, you got it right.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Maybe "affordable" in the sense that at eMovie the realized prices are more likely to be fair market value, especially compared to auction houses that have been known to use hidden reserves, house bidding, buyer's premium, etc.   

thumbsup.gif

or affordable just like it states. If I see something there I want, I feel like I will be able to buy it.
There's not always hidden messages. With Bruce, I never feel like I am a "real chump" waiting to be sold a $1 solid gold watch.
Yea Bruce!  thumbsup.gif
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
There's not always hidden messages. With Bruce, I never feel like I am a "real chump" waiting to be sold a $1 solid gold watch.

Super excited about this upcoming auction from Bruce, not only to see what never before (or rarely) auctioned gems he has to make it one of the best ever

Like the ones at the big money places that are rarely seen, or have never been seen before, and they "sell" for record amounts, then they appear for auction at the same place a few months later and "sell" for a record amount, over and over again.  Of course after the auction they go for sale at the same place to the "buy it now" for x% more than what it "sold" for in the recent auction.  thumbsup.gif

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Like the ones at the big money places that are rarely seen, or have never been seen before, and they "sell" for record amounts, then they appear for auction at the same place a few months later and "sell" for a record amount, over and over again.  Of course after the auction they go for sale at the same place to the "buy it now" for x% more than what it "sold" for in the recent auction.  thumbsup.gif

Exactly!
Once an item sells in Bruce's auction, you will not see it offered in his auctions again.
(unless it is offered again, but if it is offered again, it is very different than another auction house offering an item again)
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
I think this Crowzilla dude has it hard for Bruce.  Do you dream of Bruce at night, Crowzilla?  Such obsession needs to be studied.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
 eyeroll
All I said was that I was really looking forward to Bruce's auction (in fact, most of my posts about Bruce are complimentary), but some people have to keep adding on to it.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
I think this Crowzilla dude has it hard for Bruce.  Do you dream of Bruce at night, Crowzilla?  Such obsession needs to be studied.

T

laugh1