Author Topic: Wanted “Dementia 13” (1963) Australian Daybill Teaser Poster  (Read 908 times)

Offline isitabee

• Beginner
  • Daydreamer, Moondancer
Desperately seeking a 1963 “Dementia 13” aka “The Haunted and the Hunted” Australian Daybill Teaser poster measuring: 13.5” x 30”. This unusual daybill is meant for horizontal display as opposed to the ordinary vertical display. Do you know where I can find one/have a lead on one that’s for sale? If so, please PM me right away, TVM!

I have been trying to find a decent copy of this poster for quite some time now. It’s atop my all-time favorite film posters that I don’t (yet) own. It’s eluded me, which is why I’m reaching out to you kind folks here. About once a year a copy makes it to auction at eMoviePosters.com with the last one being June 2021. That copy sold beyond my means as it went for more than 3.5x it did in 2020 (the condition was better).

“Dementia 13”  is a horror film that was produced by Roger Corman and was one of the first films Francis Ford Coppola, credited as Francis Coppola, directed. Not sure what those green gremlin-like eyes have to do with the film (I have watched it) but they’re pretty damn cool looking and I really want to add them to my exclusive (sounds better than small, right?) collection of vintage film posters.

There’s one for sale online at a vintage movie poster shop but it’s a bit pricey, especially because it has red marker/ink bleed-through in the margin from writing on the poster’s rear. The shop claims that the bleeding defect can be rectified with a linen backing—which they’ll gladly do for an additional fee—but I’m not sure. Maybe it can—I’m still learning. But my gut is telling me that structurally strengthening and smoothing out the folds and creases, both done from the reverse, wouldn’t rectify red ink that has saturated through the back of the poster to it's front? But what do I know :-\  Am I wrong, can a linen backing help bleeds?

I really hope *fingers-crossed* to hear from a whole bunch of you with information or potential leads. Thanks so very much in advance!

Happy collecting,

isitabee
___
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry