Author Topic: RIP George Theofiles  (Read 831 times)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
RIP George Theofiles
« on: August 24, 2022, 11:43:10 PM »
RIP George Theofiles
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/baltimoresun/name/george-theofiles-obituary?id=35508684

We lost another major figure in collectibles in June, but I just learned about his passing seeing this link on Ralph DeLuca's FB page. I first met George through Ron Barlow (who sadly also recently passed), when Ron and I were partners in a movie poster business. Ron knew George from when George had opened his first shop in Baltimore (where Ron was from), and he told me he was sure I would love George, because like us, collectibles were "in his blood".

I went with Ron to meet George, and once I heard his magnificent booming voice, and saw his great intellect and knowledge that showed through in everything we talked about, I knew he would be my lifelong friend, and he was! George surely did love paper collectibles of every kind, and he had an extremely close friendship with legendary collector Richard Allen, and the two did lots of business together, with Richard first acquiring many gems through George, and years later, selling many through him.

When I became partners in an image archive with Richard, that brought me even closer to George, and over the last decade of George's life I switched from being one of his good customers to being someone he consigned lots of material to. If there is ever a Hall of Fame of movie paper people, George would surely be elected on the very first ballot. He was one of the very best people in this hobby, and he will be very missed.

We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html