Author Topic: August 2022  (Read 1384 times)

Offline morphine

• Beginner
August 2022
« on: August 19, 2022, 12:12:18 PM »
Hi all!
I'm back!
Been more than a minute since I was active in the movie poster world.
Just started collecting again the past two months.
Picked up this double sided Shawshank bus shelter poster as part of a package deal.
Some damage to the one lower corner, otherwise pretty good condition for a poster that was actually used in a bus shelter.
Rare beast.

Offline morphine

• Beginner
Re: August 2022
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 12:25:59 PM »
Some others that I recently picked up from a theatre manager.

Made contact with her for one poster that she had up for sale, and ended up with over 40 in total.  faint2.gif

Offline isitabee

• Beginner
  • Daydreamer, Moondancer
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 04:27:47 AM »
I had one addition to my collection in August. It was a Vintage 1980 French Moyenne “Muppets Go Hollywood” Jaws Parody Poster. “Muppets Go Hollywood” was a 1979 made-for-TV movie in the U.S., but was released in theaters internationally in 1980. The movie was made to help promote the upcoming release of “The Muppet Movie.”

I’ve posted a photo of the “Muppets Go Hollywood” poster next to the French Jaws poster it parodies below. Henson Associates actually made 6 different parody posters for the movie (some more successful than others). The poster parodies included: Star Wars, James Bond, Superman, Jaws, and more.

I’m not a big Muppet fan but I think it’s hilarious to see a huge Animal as Jaws with bared teeth rising up from the deep preparing to snack on a completely unaware Miss Piggy as the sexy bikini-clad woman swimming in the sight lines of Animal. IMHO this parody poster is the very best of all 6, which is why I bought it! Now I’m waiting on its frame to arrive so I can take a much nicer photo of it with the folds nicely pressed and not as noticeable. I went for a classic matte black custom-sized wood frame that will be just large enough to display the entire poster in the frame’s window. It’s gonna look sharp.
___
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 11:16:17 AM »
"Les Dents des Muppets", that's pretty funny.  Too bad they didn't modify the "Elle Fut la première..." tagline into something witty.

Great posters.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)