Author Topic: Not sure if this is a genuine poster how to tell thanks  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Cruncher75

• Beginner
Not sure if this is a genuine poster how to tell thanks
« on: August 17, 2022, 06:35:09 AM »
So im looking at buying a Dracula poster but not to sure on its age or if it is a reprint the lady said her Dad has had it since the late 60s early 70s. I have tried to do some research but just cant find one this size she said its 26" x 20" any help please thank you

Offline Cruncher75

• Beginner
Re: Not sure if this is a genuine poster how to tell thanks
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 04:54:06 PM »
Can anyone help please

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 05:27:41 PM »
It looks like a French re-release from the 1960s, Emovieposter sold one in 2020 for $130: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/13394945.html

Perhaps compare the images closely though as I only had a quick peek.

Offline Cruncher75

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 07:43:55 PM »
Thanks how did you manage to find that looks alot like the same having the thick white boarders just don't have the crease down the middle I might take the gamble and buy it

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 06:15:41 AM »
Thanks how did you manage to find that looks alot like the same having the thick white boarders just don't have the crease down the middle I might take the gamble and buy it

emovieposter have a very good auction history database that is searchable, signing up as a member is free and gives you access to the sales results and larger images.

Offline Cruncher75

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 06:28:36 AM »
emovieposter have a very good auction history database that is searchable, signing up as a member is free and gives you access to the sales results and larger images.

Thanks for your help

Offline Cruncher75

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 03:41:04 PM »
So picked it up today and has this at the bottom also seems to be stuck to card

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2022, 12:43:49 AM »
It is a reprint of some kind.  The original, printed by Affiches et Publicité, is from the late 60s.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Cruncher75

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2022, 05:43:03 AM »
Thanks so worthless really

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2022, 08:41:40 AM »
If you like it, then it is worth something to you, and it is really the most important aspect of collecting,

But as far as its value goes, sadly yes, it is not worth much.  A friend of this forum, Matt, sold an original French affiche for $1k a while back (that's 47x63in, or 120x160cm).  That seems insane to me, but when people collect a certain genre, actor, director, title, they want it all, so it could explain it.  I don't think a large one should be worth more than $200, but that's me.  A smaller version sold for $130 at emovieposter.  Yours is a reprint of that one.

Sorry,

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)