Author Topic: Bunch of different posters  (Read 1679 times)

Offline ArnieD101

• Beginner
Bunch of different posters
« on: August 18, 2022, 12:56:43 AM »
Heyo, it's me again and there's a few different posters I found which had me a bit interested, and was wondering whether anyone can speak to their valuation or rarity?

Offline Stefano

• Hobbyist
Re: Bunch of different posters
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 12:34:32 AM »
It looks like an original of the top "SOLO" poster sold for about $10 on eBay in July, based on the sold listings for the title:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=solo+a+star+wars+story&_sacat=18829&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&_odkw=%22the+french+dispatch%22&_osacat=18829&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Take a look at all the search filters in the sidebar.  I just checked "sold" listings to come up with those results. 

Posters for newer films are usually pretty affordable.  You might find your biggest expense is shipping to Australia.  But most sellers will combine shipping if you buy more than one. 

Offline ArnieD101

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 02:17:55 AM »
It looks like an original of the top "SOLO" poster sold for about $10 on eBay in July, based on the sold listings for the title:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=solo+a+star+wars+story&_sacat=18829&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&_odkw=%22the+french+dispatch%22&_osacat=18829&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Take a look at all the search filters in the sidebar.  I just checked "sold" listings to come up with those results. 

Posters for newer films are usually pretty affordable.  You might find your biggest expense is shipping to Australia.  But most sellers will combine shipping if you buy more than one.

Oh sorry I should have specified, these are listed here in Australia (though I'm not sure whether they're specific to Australia given the release date on some isn't the same as overseas like May 24 on the Solo ones vs May 25 on the ones from US)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 07:50:52 AM »
Yes, these are all Australian posters.  Check the Classification box at the lower left of each poster.  I don't think they are very rare or expensive.  What people want in foreign posters are different designs, but there are identical to their US counterparts.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Stefano

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 11:53:04 PM »
Yes, these are all Australian posters.  Check the Classification box at the lower left of each poster. [...]

Oops!  Good catch, T.  Thanks!