Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1538763 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #3100 on: October 21, 2012, 12:12:48 AM »
Yes, I must say this is the finest batch of posters that Mondo has put out.  Nicely done.  Hopefully the huge response won't overwhelm Mondo's servers.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3101 on: October 28, 2012, 02:31:22 PM »
Got Laurent Duriex's Mummy poster, too good to pass up. IMHO it would have made a great teaser one sheet in the original campaign....

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 02:32:41 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3102 on: October 28, 2012, 09:12:47 PM »

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #3103 on: October 29, 2012, 08:33:33 AM »
I bought the full set of the latest from flippers, couldnt pass these up. Well done Mondo folks, and lets not have a run like that for awhile, cost to damn much.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3104 on: October 29, 2012, 08:54:37 AM »
I bought the full set of the latest from flippers, couldnt pass these up. Well done Mondo folks, and lets not have a run like that for awhile, cost to damn much.

I know they're releasing some of these online as well if you can endure "F5 hell".....

guest8

« Reply #3105 on: October 29, 2012, 09:40:10 AM »
Mel, you posted my Phantom auction! :) the buyer actually ended up being sorta local to me so we got a chance to meet up and chat for a few minutes.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3106 on: October 29, 2012, 05:11:22 PM »
Mel, you posted my Phantom auction! :) the buyer actually ended up being sorta local to me so we got a chance to meet up and chat for a few minutes.

Good for you, Fallen. Wow. Considering that the metallic variant originally sold for $50.00, when released, that is some return!!!

Congrats!!

clap clap clap

-Jeff

guest8

« Reply #3107 on: October 29, 2012, 05:30:28 PM »
Good for you, Fallen. Wow. Considering that the metallic variant originally sold for $50.00, when released, that is some return!!!

Congrats!!

clap clap clap

Thanks .. technically I got an even better deal than that .. I traded for my Phantom variant and that only print cost me $35. I kinda feel bad for the guy who bought my Phantom. He paid that, then right after mine sold Tim Doyle sold his AP variant for just under $2k and one from Australia sold for just over $2k. As soon as mine sold it seemed like everyone else tried selling theirs too. Cant blame them at those prices, even at $2k its still one hell of a return on investment. Especially Doyle since his was probably free! :P

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3108 on: October 29, 2012, 05:39:14 PM »
Thanks .. technically I got an even better deal than that .. I traded for my Phantom variant and that only print cost me $35. I kinda feel bad for the guy who bought my Phantom. He paid that, then right after mine sold Tim Doyle sold his AP variant for just under $2k and one from Australia sold for just over $2k. As soon as mine sold it seemed like everyone else tried selling theirs too. Cant blame them at those prices, even at $2k its still one hell of a return on investment. Especially Doyle since his was probably free! :P

Good for you.  I'm still kicking myself for trading/selling my Phantom of the Opera (regular) and Bride of Frankenstein.

P.S. Laurent Durieux posters on sale tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 05:39:33 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3109 on: October 29, 2012, 05:39:40 PM »

Even better, then.  thumbup  It is amazing how the prices on many of these have gone thru the roof. I know only 25 of your variant were printed but it still is astounding!

And Ansin is one hell of an artist, too!!

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 05:41:55 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3110 on: October 29, 2012, 05:50:16 PM »

It was mine that you sold, ass!  Good for you.  I don't regret trading it to you at all.  I got what I wanted, which is what matters to me.  Plus, I still own a Phantom reg. and a Phantom variant.  If I still owned the variant you just sold, and since I'm against selling, it would be sitting in my flat file under 300 other prints (where the other 2 are).  At least you made some money from it.

T
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 05:51:58 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3111 on: October 29, 2012, 05:53:48 PM »
Oh, and btw, Doyle ended up not selling his.  Buyer's remorse.  But yours is a variant, and there were only 25 sold.  I had 3 at some point ;(

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3112 on: October 30, 2012, 11:31:51 PM »
So, has anyone bought anything?

Of this recent Monster batch, I have these...  I think there are 2 more I want to get.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #3113 on: October 30, 2012, 11:38:48 PM »
I bought a dupe on Creature, Wolf Man and Mummy today. Will trade them down the road. The Frank and Drac I lost do to check out fail the first go round.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3114 on: October 30, 2012, 11:51:36 PM »
I have a bunch of extras I need to trade at some point (like 3 or 4 Rhys Cooper Gremlins), but I'm too lazy to advertize.  Plus, I would have to dig them up, which would take time.  The easiest thing to do is to sit on them.  As long as you get them for their initial price, you're safe.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #3115 on: October 31, 2012, 12:03:57 AM »
I can't believe I'm typing this, but I love that Mummy, MUCH better than the last one.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3116 on: October 31, 2012, 05:51:14 AM »
I got a mummy, frank and wolf man...I'm skint now. Was surprised at how easy the drop was, perhaps uni monsters don't appeal as much to a chunk of mondo collectors. I guess the edition sizes help too. I think they're great looking posters, classic looking and imaginative too. I think Mondo have had a really strong year...and they normally finish strong so looking forward to what they have up there sleeves.

T - wish I had something to trade for one of your Gremlins, that's a good looking poster!

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #3117 on: October 31, 2012, 12:37:37 PM »
Wait, people buy posters with famous monsters on them?

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #3118 on: November 02, 2012, 07:58:05 AM »
We should trick these mondo collectors into thinking NSS numbers are the print run, well all make a fortune.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #3119 on: November 02, 2012, 08:56:18 AM »
We should trick these mondo collectors into thinking NSS numbers are the print run, well all make a fortune.

laugh1

Seriously though, I normally steer clear of Mondo posters... but I do like these Uni Horror releases, especially the CFTBL. 

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3120 on: November 03, 2012, 05:20:40 PM »
They all look sensational in person (and framed):

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 05:20:49 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

guest8

« Reply #3121 on: November 03, 2012, 09:50:42 PM »
I hate that I stopped buying major pieces right now ... When Im back in the game and Im trying to snag all of the Universal pieces I know itll be expensive. :(

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3122 on: November 15, 2012, 11:54:49 AM »
Anyone else got Tyler's Reservoir Dogs this morning?

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3123 on: November 15, 2012, 12:00:51 PM »
I got a reg...site was really slow, must have been a lot of people trying. Which did you get T?

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3124 on: November 15, 2012, 12:19:52 PM »
I got lucky and scored a regular.  Was really stoked because I went out and picked up Ansin Frank Variant, Taylor Creature Variant and Taylor Halloween Reg on the secondary market.  It's already been a very expensive month.  

I was happy to score one on drop day for a change for $74 shipped.

BTW, for those of you still looking for a Taylor Creature, Mitch has some A/Ps for sale today at P&Ts.  I got the email last night.  Since, I already bought a Creature, I am gonna sit this one out.  But I have to say, the variant is incredible.  The metallic inks and GID really work well with the print.
The email says sometime around 2PM central.  Some have dropped around that time, but the Franks went up earlier than that last week.

Good Luck!

J
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:20:46 PM by jpicken »