Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1538850 times)

guest8

Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #2975 on: July 17, 2012, 10:54:46 AM »
Iron Giants are sold.

Adding ..

Quote from: fallenangel1
Adding this to the mix ..

$60 + shipping .. There is some slight edge damage due to some poor packaging, hence the low cost.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2976 on: July 17, 2012, 11:19:48 AM »
Hopefully the smaller unlimited run will bring the prices in on the con version. I love the print. Mondo had a great week, one of the better stretches of prints they have had.

I used to buy every print they put out, now they simply release too much, so I have started to get a bit more selective.

Yes, I agree.  I am very happy with this past weekend's drops.  No Whalen, no Kelly, makes a quality haul.

Although I'm not quite sure the 2nd run will lower the prices of the first run.  This is such a great print it might actually send collectors into trying to find the original.  Or not.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2977 on: July 17, 2012, 11:21:17 AM »
Glad to hear it's getting a release online though, but not digging the smaller size and the 24 hour free for all, that kinda defeats the purpose.  I liked knowing when I bought a Mondo print is was pretty much automatically worth double what I paid for it 30 minutes later, makes you feel like you just made a solid investment, with 24 hours they'll probably sell a few thousand, wonder if they'll at least number them...

Finally someone who understands.

sm1
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #2978 on: July 17, 2012, 06:07:13 PM »
I'm curious, where do these people on eBay get the artist proofs from?  I've only recently started getting into prints but I haven't notice Mondo selling A/P's are they getting them directly from the artist?  I have a Cowboys and Aliens Wood Variant A/P I got off eBay, been looking at a few others.  Looks like sometimes the A/P's are even a smaller size.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #2979 on: July 17, 2012, 08:52:51 PM »
A/P come form the artist or a website the artist is affiliated with, Mondo never has A/P.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2980 on: July 17, 2012, 10:15:15 PM »
See, this is why Mondo is basically awesome.  Who else would have done this?

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #2981 on: July 17, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »
See, this is why Mondo is basically awesome.  Who else would have done this?

Willy Wonka

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #2982 on: July 17, 2012, 11:03:44 PM »
Iron Giants are sold.

Adding ..

When did this become your sales thread?

Charlie

« Reply #2983 on: July 17, 2012, 11:09:52 PM »
When did this become your sales thread?

When someone posted poster for sale... Duh?  He quoted it at least...

Charlie

« Reply #2984 on: July 17, 2012, 11:11:00 PM »
See, this is why Mondo is basically awesome.  Who else would have done this?

Dude, Stripper Scene from Closer right?!?!  I am going to have to buy one now; carp...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:16:54 PM by Charlie »

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #2985 on: July 17, 2012, 11:16:11 PM »
If thats why Mondo is awesome, what were they before they did this?
Anyways they can't go wrong with this marketing can they?
I pray to Bruce that whoever wins chooses Pretty Woman, so Dave has a run for his money on most over valued ugly poster for a crap film.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #2986 on: July 17, 2012, 11:16:42 PM »
If I got a golden ticket I'd ask for something like Danger Diabolik featuring Eva Kent (Marisa Mell), but that's because I've got Marisa Mell on the brain. It's a pity those type of films don't garner much of a demand for art prints.  The closest I've seen is the Jay Shaw series they had, and frankly those were all a little too bland for my taste, although I did pick up an Emanuelle in America, never seen the film just thought it was the best out of the series, although the color is a lot brighter on the website than the actual print was, which was a little disappointing.

Charlie

« Reply #2987 on: July 17, 2012, 11:17:52 PM »
OK, I got it!  Black Swan/Stargate Double Bill...  ;D

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #2988 on: July 17, 2012, 11:20:49 PM »
A/P come form the artist or a website the artist is affiliated with, Mondo never has A/P.

After I asked that I figured that was the case.  So I went and picked up Tom Whalen's Cowboy's and Aliens off his site, actually cheaper (and oddly larger) than the one someone is trying to sell on eBay as an A/P.  The one on eBay is 18x24 yet on Whalen's site it's 24x36 so really not sure what that other guy is selling, though he's claiming it's a A/P.  

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #2989 on: July 17, 2012, 11:21:13 PM »
Emmanuelle in America is a top film, I wonder how many people own the print without seeing the movie, and I wonder how many would send the print to the rubbish dump after seeing the movie, uncut version at least. It's not for everyone, thats for sure. (ride em cowboy)
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #2990 on: July 17, 2012, 11:25:20 PM »
Emmanuelle in America is a top film, I wonder how many people own the print without seeing the movie, and I wonder how many would send the print to the rubbish dump after seeing the movie, uncut version at least. It's not for everyone, thats for sure. (ride em cowboy)

I'm familiar with the series, just never watched one.  Ironically most of the posters and prints I have (or like) are to films I've never seen, to me it doesn't really matter, frankly some of the worst films have the best posters.

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #2991 on: July 17, 2012, 11:32:41 PM »
People on eBay are already attempting to sell the 24 hour edition of The Dark Knight Rises on eBay, I saw one guy asking $130... there should be a rule on eBay where you can't sell something you don't have. What if there was an issue, you wouldn't be able to file a claim because by the time Mondo shipped the poster to the seller it would be six weeks later!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:34:25 PM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #2992 on: July 17, 2012, 11:35:38 PM »
I'm familiar with the series, just never watched one.  Ironically most of the posters and prints I have (or like) are to films I've never seen, to me it doesn't really matter, frankly some of the worst films have the best posters.

the Joe D'Amato series (last Cannibals etc)?  I assume you know it is unrelated to the regular Emmanuelle film/s.

It is a great film, for those that like things more than a little strange.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #2993 on: July 17, 2012, 11:43:20 PM »
I would have a Uni-horror done just to see how in the world he would do that. Or maybe a Top Gun for Louie.

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #2994 on: July 17, 2012, 11:48:00 PM »
Stuff it, Dark knight, there isn't enough paper of the great films around (when is it released again?).
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #2995 on: July 17, 2012, 11:49:10 PM »
the Joe D'Amato series (last Cannibals etc)?  I assume you know it is unrelated to the regular Emmanuelle film/s.

It is a great film, for those that like things more than a little strange.

Yea, I'm not really that deep into cult trash films but I'm familiar with them through internet browsing, that's all a little too much for my taste though.  I'm more into the giallo and euro-spy is my main interest, anything with Helga Line, Marisa Mell, Barbara Bouchet, Neri, Konopka that kinda stuff, and then on the British side Hammer.  That's about as deep as my cult tastes lie, at least now.  But two years ago I only watched main stream American films and would have never thought I'd be into what I'm into now.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2996 on: July 18, 2012, 12:18:37 AM »
Dude, Stripper Scene from Closer right?!?!  I am going to have to buy one now; carp...

A man after my own heart.
 cheers

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #2997 on: July 18, 2012, 12:21:33 AM »
Yea, I'm not really that deep into cult trash films but I'm familiar with them through internet browsing, that's all a little too much for my taste though.  I'm more into the giallo and euro-spy is my main interest, anything with Helga Line, Marisa Mell, Barbara Bouchet, Neri, Konopka that kinda stuff, and then on the British side Hammer.  That's about as deep as my cult tastes lie, at least now.  But two years ago I only watched main stream American films and would have never thought I'd be into what I'm into now.

All good things to watch.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #2998 on: July 18, 2012, 07:42:25 AM »
If I got a golden ticket I'd ask for something like Danger Diabolik featuring Eva Kent (Marisa Mell), but that's because I've got Marisa Mell on the brain. It's a pity those type of films don't garner much of a demand for art prints.  

Maybe you just need to look harder.  I have this one......

Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Charlie

« Reply #2999 on: July 18, 2012, 08:03:20 AM »
Well I played the Mondo lottery... Fingers crossed.