Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1539116 times)

guest8

Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #2750 on: May 04, 2012, 12:18:18 PM »
Its nice to vent a little, I really doubt Charlie blames or expects anything from Mondo. ;)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #2751 on: May 04, 2012, 12:31:19 PM »
I was in the gym lifting.  I think that is going to be of more use in the end than an Avengers print.  I agree though with the flippers hurting on this one.  750 is a big number. 
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Charlie

« Reply #2752 on: May 04, 2012, 12:32:11 PM »
Not sure how you feel Mondo owes you a poster. The whole 'My poster or fuck off' mentality is a bit strange to be fair.

Huh?  Can't a guy just say "Shit!" when he stubs his toe anymore.  I don't care what Mondo does. I can't in reality blame anyone or expect anything. If I was so worried about it I would buy from a flipper. My wheel turned a good minute and there was still a reg available but once the wheel turn to checkout it was gone.  So yeah I was pissed; "Fuck you Mondo" for giving me hope and letting me down, AGAIN! You assholes you created a ubber competitive environment and you drag my ass through the ringer and their crappy checkout system (3D Cart BTW; apparently it sucks) every time one comes up that interests me...

Give me a break, I am a ranter you know...

Its funny the only one I've gotten (Franky) I have no feelings for...  Thor is awesome in artwork; not in crappy photo posters...  I like that Beetljuice too... So perhaps because I really wanted the two Thor appearances, I was a bit more "Fuck You" than normal...  Missing the previous just adds to the frustration.

:P

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #2753 on: May 04, 2012, 02:37:29 PM »

Give me a break, I am a ranter you know...

Fair enough, although you have to understand that Mondo takes a beating on their Facebook from folks who don't score and blame the world's problems on them, so at first glance, thought this was more of the same.

I have missed out on several drops I wanted, but there is always more prints.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

guest8

« Reply #2754 on: May 04, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »
Fair enough, although you have to understand that Mondo takes a beating on their Facebook from folks who don't score and blame the world's problems on them, so at first glance, thought this was more of the same.

I have missed out on several drops I wanted, but there is always more prints.

LOL... How many times have I sworn off buying Mondo prints ? :)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2755 on: May 04, 2012, 03:42:29 PM »
I spent the afternoon in hospital with my baby daughter so missed out on the drop completely - sounds like it was a tough one again. She's fine now and I'm gonna buy one on the secondary market when prices fall a bit, so I'm all good here. 'grats to those that got one.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 03:42:53 PM by Tob »

guest8

mcnail

« Reply #2757 on: May 06, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »
Blah blah blah .. Screens my arse ..

Richard's JP prints were 10 screens and they were $45 and $75 !
Getting old school .. Klausens Tron was 9 screens and it was $45 and it was GID too!! ;)
Proctors House by the Cemetery was 9 and it was only $45

So its not the number of colors involved .. (im not even getting into it about how the variant is really 9 shads of grey either :P) They should just own up to it and say .. they are funding the gallery stuff with print sales .. or the Marvel license was a beast! or Stout is getting greedy ;) But you cant just say its got more colors when its been proven that similar prints have been made and sold for less.

I'm sorry, but this just isn't the case. The JC Richard was actually a pricing mistake on our part, we meant to price it higher. Klausen's Tron is ancient history. And House by the Cemetery is House by the Cemetery.

A nine color screenprint costs almost twice as much as a five color screenprint, so we thought a 20% price increase ($50 for Stout regulars is our going rate lately) was more than fair. I'm sure most here agree.

And the line about funding the gallery with an increased Avengers price point is too ridiculous for me to even touch on. Please think your arguments through before you state them as if they are fact. Or, just ask me, I'm here, I'll answer questions.

Cheers.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #2758 on: May 07, 2012, 11:41:12 AM »
Mitch just put Fallen on a poster:

I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2759 on: May 09, 2012, 07:38:47 PM »
Got the variant NBC Sideshow today.  I think these 2 look great together.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #2760 on: May 09, 2012, 10:07:27 PM »
Mitch, is anyone other than Whalen going to do a Disney poster?

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #2761 on: May 09, 2012, 10:16:56 PM »
if these posters were unlimited, if sold out, a new lot screened (?), so prices stayed same as issue price. Would people still be as interested?
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2762 on: May 09, 2012, 10:23:04 PM »
Dirty Harry is selling at 20 times original cost.  My sister bought two of these at the San Fran showing of Dirty Harry for $35 each and is going to sell her copies now.  I bought two at the Philly Rocky show and later sold them for $100 and $300.  

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 10:52:23 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #2763 on: May 09, 2012, 11:27:06 PM »
Mitch, is anyone other than Whalen going to do a Disney poster?

Taylor 20,000 Leagues.

But yeah, wish there was more variety.

I was mistaken,

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #2764 on: May 09, 2012, 11:27:33 PM »
if these posters were unlimited, if sold out, a new lot screened (?), so prices stayed same as issue price. Would people still be as interested?

Nope.

I was mistaken,

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #2765 on: May 10, 2012, 07:37:39 AM »
Taylor 20,000 Leagues.

But yeah, wish there was more variety.

Was thinking allow the lines of the animated stuff. I realize his style fits with animation, but would prefer it not be the Tom Whalen series.

If there wasnt a Mondo, who would folks complain about  ;)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #2766 on: May 10, 2012, 09:20:52 AM »
Was thinking allow the lines of the animated stuff. I realize his style fits with animation, but would prefer it not be the Tom Whalen series.

If there wasnt a Mondo, who would folks complain about  ;)

Ha, agreed.

I was mistaken,

Charlie

« Reply #2767 on: May 10, 2012, 12:54:25 PM »
It is just a joke...  I hit the web before the tweet and still didn't get to the cart...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2768 on: May 10, 2012, 12:58:56 PM »
I never thought this day would come but I actually bought a Whalen...   gun2

First one I like.  Might have more to do with the subject matter.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2769 on: May 10, 2012, 01:01:13 PM »
It is just a joke...  I hit the web before the tweet and still didn't get to the cart...

Blame the flippers.  40 already on Ebay.
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #2770 on: May 10, 2012, 01:35:47 PM »
So who all was able to get in and snag a copy?

guest8

« Reply #2771 on: May 10, 2012, 03:44:34 PM »
Dark Shadows print dropping tomorrow ... Whos trying for that .. Im sitting out .. i dont see why there is so much love for that movie around here :-/

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #2772 on: May 10, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »
T, watching this thread i`ve noticed you seem to have a very high success rate when you buy from Mondo,although I obviuosly have no idea how many times you missed out on stuff you wanted,what`s your average result? Generally...

Stew

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2773 on: May 10, 2012, 05:12:13 PM »
Dark Shadows print dropping tomorrow ... Whos trying for that .. Im sitting out .. i dont see why there is so much love for that movie around here :-/

Sitting out too.  This print does nothing for me.
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2774 on: May 10, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »
T, watching this thread i`ve noticed you seem to have a very high success rate when you buy from Mondo,although I obviuosly have no idea how many times you missed out on stuff you wanted,what`s your average result? Generally...

Stew

I would say that I succeed 90% of the time.  It used to be 100%, but there are just too many people trying to get prints nowadays.  I failed 3 times this year, and resorted on flippers to get my prints.

I was surprised Toy Story sold out as quickly as it did, especially with 500 prints, but they're keeping a bunch for the screening, so it makes sense.

T
My Personal Collection