Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1538860 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #2725 on: April 29, 2012, 12:26:33 AM »
Since Im so sick of mondo and their drops I was right there F5'ing for like 5 hrs today and got lucky with the help of a friend and got both Thor prints and the Iron Man regular .. Im ISO the IM Variant if anyone wants to pass it along! ;)

Five hours?
That is friggin' insane.
If one holds out for at least one hour they should get the print gratis.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2726 on: April 29, 2012, 08:35:11 AM »
RT @annikawesley: Over four hours refreshing @mondonews and I snagged Thor and the Thor variant. My hands are actually quivering.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:36:10 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

guest8

« Reply #2727 on: April 29, 2012, 09:05:58 AM »
Five hours?
That is friggin' insane.

LOL .. Yes it was .. and I cant even say it was 100% worth it .. I was at work and got nothing done! Now Monday is the last day of the month and I have to catch up on all my work from last week and finish off the EOM stuff too .. :( Oh well .. at least I got some pretty paper! ;)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #2728 on: April 29, 2012, 10:44:26 AM »
Pitiful.

Five hours?
That is friggin' insane.

Right, its really pathetic.

What wouldn't be pathetic though is if that same person who scored both Thors would spend hours after hours pouring over eMovie, HA, Movieposterbid, Christies, Craigslist, eBay, etc, etc each week, not to mention eons of more time building, updating, and maintaining a website exhibiting their collection of paper they spend thousands and thousands of dollars on. Oh, sitting on a poster forum all day most days would definitely be status quo as well in the realm of 'normal'.

If they did all of that, they would be ok...but 5 hours of gunning for Thor and being excited about success thereof...total losers, I mean seriously...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 10:49:36 AM by wonka »
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #2729 on: April 29, 2012, 10:56:22 AM »
OK who's the fool?
I stayed up til past 2am here, clicking refresh, and checking in here, AND I DONT EVEN WANT ONE, I just wanted to tease you guys, and the slim chance of getting one. All for a JOKE!.... well that was my first time at mondo, and my last. All for a joke. SHIT.

:(
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #2730 on: April 30, 2012, 10:23:36 PM »
Well I bet who ever put a BIN on their Ansin Bride variant at 1199 is kicking themselves in the ass right now since one just sold for 2025 a month later

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #2731 on: April 30, 2012, 10:26:24 PM »
and i think both prices are ridiculous. Who in their wildest dreams ever saw Alamo/Mondo prints breaking 200 5 years ago let alone 2000 - 3000 that some are hitting now. I collect them and think it is pure stupidity what people are paying!

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #2732 on: April 30, 2012, 10:37:03 PM »
especially in cases where you can buy a real movie poster for the same title for a lot less.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2733 on: May 01, 2012, 12:42:41 AM »
Right, its really pathetic.

What wouldn't be pathetic though is if that same person who scored both Thors would spend hours after hours pouring over eMovie, HA, Movieposterbid, Christies, Craigslist, eBay, etc, etc each week, not to mention eons of more time building, updating, and maintaining a website exhibiting their collection of paper they spend thousands and thousands of dollars on. Oh, sitting on a poster forum all day most days would definitely be status quo as well in the realm of 'normal'.

If they did all of that, they would be ok...but 5 hours of gunning for Thor and being excited about success thereof...total losers, I mean seriously...

Well said Ben.  We are all pathetic.  I'm less pathetic, because I don't spend hours searching like some do, but yes, I spend hours sorting, photographing, categorizing, cropping, cutting, pasting, and posting.

Let's say I'm somewhat pathetic.  Participating is a Mondo drop is significantly pathetic.  Uber-pathetic, if you will.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #2734 on: May 01, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »
whats pathetic, is late at night remembering a poster. Not remembering selling it, panicking, HAVENT SEEN IT IN YEARS, cant sleep, next day search and search until you find it. Then put away and forget about it again and relax.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2735 on: May 01, 2012, 01:22:07 AM »
whats pathetic, is late at night remembering a poster. Not remembering selling it, panicking, HAVENT SEEN IT IN YEARS, cant sleep, next day search and search until you find it. Then put away and forget about it again and relax.

Hahaha!  Sounds like you are going to have quite the week Ari
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2736 on: May 01, 2012, 07:57:13 AM »
People, it's a joke, watch this video, and carry on....

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #2737 on: May 01, 2012, 03:17:18 PM »
and i think both prices are ridiculous. Who in their wildest dreams ever saw Alamo/Mondo prints breaking 200 5 years ago let alone 2000 - 3000 that some are hitting now. I collect them and think it is pure stupidity what people are paying!

It's the demand. How it got there doesn't matter anymore, the trend keeps going up.
Just ask Holiday, who requested $2,575 for his Ansin Phantom of the Opera variant and got it. Pretty quickly, I may add.

especially in cases where you can buy a real movie poster for the same title for a lot less.

Ari, someone could look at your posters and wonder why you would pay the scratch you did for those when you could have gotten *real* screen prints.  To each their own.

I was mistaken,

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2738 on: May 01, 2012, 08:41:08 PM »

Just ask Holiday, who requested $2,575 for his Ansin Phantom of the Opera variant and got it. Pretty quickly, I may add.

It did help to have some street cred from a few of my friends . . .  ;)
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #2739 on: May 03, 2012, 02:24:52 PM »
Interesting.. Stouts Avengers tomorrow, you can by the Reg OR the Var, no more double dipping.

Good for Mondo I say on this one.

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2740 on: May 03, 2012, 02:37:20 PM »
Yep, I agree, good call. And nice one to increasing the run size too.

I'll give it a try tomorrow, fail miserably and hopefully get one on eBay for a half decent price.

guest8

« Reply #2741 on: May 03, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »
Im a lil grumpy on the prices increasing .. and the chose one or the other .. Thatll make it harder and more expensive to get all the versions.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #2742 on: May 03, 2012, 03:56:20 PM »
The price increase is more about the higher than usual amount of screens (9), more than anything.

Plus, who needs both versions of this?

I was mistaken,

guest8

« Reply #2743 on: May 03, 2012, 04:28:44 PM »
The price increase is more about the higher than usual amount of screens (9), more than anything.

Plus, who needs both versions of this?

Blah blah blah .. Screens my arse ..

Richard's JP prints were 10 screens and they were $45 and $75 !
Getting old school .. Klausens Tron was 9 screens and it was $45 and it was GID too!! ;)
Proctors House by the Cemetery was 9 and it was only $45

So its not the number of colors involved .. (im not even getting into it about how the variant is really 9 shads of grey either :P) They should just own up to it and say .. they are funding the gallery stuff with print sales .. or the Marvel license was a beast! or Stout is getting greedy ;) But you cant just say its got more colors when its been proven that similar prints have been made and sold for less.

Charlie

« Reply #2744 on: May 04, 2012, 10:57:57 AM »
And the wheel keeps on turning... 

Charlie

« Reply #2745 on: May 04, 2012, 10:59:48 AM »
Fuck you very much Mondo!  

In the cart - no checkout....
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:00:22 AM by Charlie »

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #2746 on: May 04, 2012, 11:16:19 AM »
and whif..

These should come down, 750 run of which 300 or better will be flipped i would guess.

Online jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2747 on: May 04, 2012, 11:53:22 AM »
I missed on this too.  I guess I should never go for the variant any more  :(

guest8

« Reply #2748 on: May 04, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »
You really have to be on top of it .. I was able to get through relatively easy.. I was in way before the tweet though. I have a friend that is sitting literally next to me and he went for the regular and his screens were going crazy slow! While I just clicked through, I had time to stand up and watch over his shoulder as he slowly clicked through the check out process.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #2749 on: May 04, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »
Fuck you very much Mondo!  

In the cart - no checkout....

Not sure how you feel Mondo owes you a poster. The whole 'My poster or fuck off' mentality is a bit strange to be fair.

This sat as available for a long time, even after my order went through, although I do understand it is different for each user per drop. Still, easiest drop since pre-Star Wars craze for Mondo.

I was mistaken,