Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1538824 times)

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #2475 on: February 15, 2012, 05:55:04 PM »
No artwork can compensate for the simply terrible 300...

All I remember is lots of slow motion and sooooooooooo many abs!
Ves

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2476 on: February 15, 2012, 06:59:33 PM »
The most racist movie I have ever seen.  God, I hated it.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2478 on: February 15, 2012, 08:23:50 PM »
I like it.  You know, since I don't put any of my posters up, and certainly not the prints, it's always fun for me to see other people's collection up on the wall, just to see what it would have looked like if I had done the same.  Very nice, Dave.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest8

« Reply #2479 on: February 15, 2012, 08:30:11 PM »
I like it.  You know, since I don't put any of my posters up, and certainly not the prints, it's always fun for me to see other people's collection up on the wall, just to see what it would have looked like if I had done the same.  Very nice, Dave.

T

Thanks, I think I need to take a 360 degree video to try and get them all at a good angle .. The room just isnt big enough to shot them all them all the way they should be :(

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #2480 on: February 15, 2012, 09:31:30 PM »
The most racist movie I have ever seen.  God, I hated it.

T

Bah, try Indiana Jones.

I love 300, just pure popcorn fodder fun. And believe me its not the sort of film I usually like.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2481 on: February 16, 2012, 09:06:51 AM »
Heres an Album for ya !! :)

https://picasaweb.google.com/106177607191254337017/Theater#

Only weirdos cover every inch of their wall space with movie posters/art.  Weirdo!  :)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:07:02 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

guest8

« Reply #2482 on: February 16, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »
LOL .. I just wish that I was as motivated as you in swapping them out semi regularly! The only big change Ive had in that room is the hanging of the ansin wood prints and I sold my Stout IM2 Metal and replaced it with Stout Captain America.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic

guest8

« Reply #2484 on: February 16, 2012, 11:36:47 AM »
Anyone try for the Dracula and POTA Ansin prints on P&T just now? I was hoping to snag one or both of the Draculas seeing as I missed them from Mondo but the moment I got up from my desk they dropped and sold out!! :(

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2485 on: February 16, 2012, 02:03:41 PM »
I tried for Ves and failed.  Too many people knew about the drop.  Plus, are they even signed?  Since Martin lives in Montevideo, he's letting Mitch take care of the APs, but I don't know if they went thru Martin.  It's kind of a big deal for him to ship stuff from Uruguay.  It's really expensive and the postal service is less than reliable.  Plus, per his own acknowledgment, Martin is not the best packer :). It's a fantastic print, though.  The Fantastic 4, Ansin, Moss, Stout and Taylor, always deliver and are systematically the very best of what Mondo has to offer.

T
My Personal Collection

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #2486 on: February 16, 2012, 03:16:04 PM »
While I understand the logic behind the random drops, I truly hate them.
There is no point to even trying.
Would have been so nice up on my wall next to Metropolis.

Ah well, the hunt now continues.
Ves

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #2487 on: February 16, 2012, 04:03:33 PM »
Was just thinking this week there has been major separation in the artists. Not having to do with preferences, just on pure $$ of the prints they have put out.

Tier 1:
Ansin, Moss, Stout

Tier 2:
Taylor(knocking on the door to tier 1), Horkey, I would put Danger here too

Tier 3:
Everybody else, Whalen probably was at a tier 2, but too much output and same ol' same ol' has lowered his stock in my opinion.

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #2488 on: February 16, 2012, 04:09:41 PM »

Tier 3:
Everybody else, Whalen probably was at a tier 2, but too much output and same ol' same ol' has lowered his stock in my opinion.

If I follow your logic, why is Stout in the top tier...all his alamo prints are virtually identical?
Ves

guest8

« Reply #2489 on: February 16, 2012, 04:35:35 PM »
While I understand the logic behind the random drops, I truly hate them.
There is no point to even trying.
Would have been so nice up on my wall next to Metropolis.

Ah well, the hunt now continues.

If youre really broken up over this Ill happily take the Metro off your hands! :)

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #2490 on: February 16, 2012, 04:52:20 PM »
If youre really broken up over this Ill happily take the Metro off your hands! :)

If it wasn't for a movie I truly love, you would have half a chance ;)
Ves

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #2491 on: February 16, 2012, 08:48:45 PM »
Ranking pure resale dollars and collector following. Moss, Stout and Ansin are so far apart from the rest of the artists it isnt even close. Not how I would rank my favorite artists, but that is where the dollars are right now.

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #2492 on: February 16, 2012, 09:35:57 PM »
Ranking pure resale dollars and collector following. Moss, Stout and Ansin are so far apart from the rest of the artists it isnt even close. Not how I would rank my favorite artists, but that is where the dollars are right now.

Ah I see...and would agree with you there...though I still don't get the Stout love.
Ves

guest8

« Reply #2493 on: February 16, 2012, 10:14:28 PM »
Ah I see...and would agree with you there...though I still don't get the Stout love.

I think Stouts work is a real homage to the characters in the films.. and if its a movie you love then you can relive dozens of scenes and enjoy all the detail that he puts into his work .. While Ansin picks a single powerful scene and captures it perfectly with his amazing line work! I appreciate both but I prefer Ansin .. I do like quite a few Stouts though.. The SW set is awesome! Growing up with SW's you can just sit there and look at all the characters and its great! But then I look at my Capt America and I cant help but feel that its a little muddled and hard to make out from any distance away. Then again maybe I just dont like that movie as much :P

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2494 on: February 18, 2012, 08:55:32 PM »
Anyone buying those Academy Awards nominees prints?  The first two are very weak, IMO.  Especially Hugo.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #2495 on: February 18, 2012, 09:04:26 PM »
Anyone buying those Academy Awards nominees prints?  The first two are very weak, IMO.  Especially Hugo.

In that case, they fit the films...

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #2496 on: February 19, 2012, 10:22:23 AM »
In that case, they fit the films...

Thought you liked Rango...?

I haven't seen it, heard good things, but its standard Whalen:

Also, here is Hugo. Nice colors, but I cannot get the horrible font, which looks like an afterthought at best. Only better than Comic Sans. Shame...

"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2497 on: February 19, 2012, 11:58:10 AM »
I cannot get Paris.  What are those modern buildings in the background.  Is it NYC or Paris.  The Eiffel Tower is the only sign that it is indeed the City of Lights.  The artist has obviously never been to Paris.  And the title sucks too, I agree.  The clock is nice, though.

And Rango, my God, enough with Whallen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I LOVED Rango, over the two DreamWorks productions my wife worked on, but I can't stand Whallen.

Hopefully, the rest of the series will be more spirited and inspired.

T
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #2498 on: February 19, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »
Id love to see something for Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and maybe Harry Potter :)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #2499 on: February 19, 2012, 06:58:14 PM »
I cannot get Paris.  What are those modern buildings in the background.  Is it NYC or Paris.  The Eiffel Tower is the only sign that it is indeed the City of Lights.  The artist has obviously never been to Paris.  And the title sucks too, I agree.  The clock is nice, though.

And Rango, my God, enough with Whallen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I LOVED Rango, over the two DreamWorks productions my wife worked on, but I can't stand Whallen.

Hopefully, the rest of the series will be more spirited and inspired.

T

I was initially liking Whalens work, but he is simply putting out too much right now. I would say it is pretty obvious he can turn out product faster than anyone else Mondo works with.