Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1539058 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #2275 on: December 10, 2011, 06:42:17 PM »
Check the list.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2276 on: December 16, 2011, 10:50:04 AM »
Anyone go for Totoro today? I had a half-hearted go at a regular (went to the site when the tweet appeared), but surprise surprise, the site locked up for me at the shipping calculation!

I'm not too bothered though as although I like the top half of the print, the bottom half is a little weak (and quite distracting). The Japanese B1 poster is far superior IMO.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 10:50:37 AM by Tob »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2277 on: December 16, 2011, 11:35:47 AM »
Yeah, I got both... from FLIPPERS!!!

7:30AM PST drop is a little early for me.

Pisses me off.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2278 on: December 16, 2011, 01:49:46 PM »
Yeah, I got both... from FLIPPERS!!!

7:30AM PST drop is a little early for me.

Pisses me off.

T

Flippers should be shot.  What did you end up paying?
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #2279 on: December 16, 2011, 02:35:02 PM »
They are sitting around 200 and 500 right now, I dont expect these to hold that price point. But who knows, have thought that before.

guest8

« Reply #2280 on: December 21, 2011, 07:07:34 AM »
The latest offering of Taylors new Gremlins !!!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #2281 on: December 21, 2011, 07:55:50 AM »
 clap well done. Taylor is one of my preferred artist.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2282 on: December 21, 2011, 03:15:04 PM »

Yeah, that one is pretty nice.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2283 on: December 21, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »
Another one I had to buy from flippers.  Super annoying.  I don't know if it sold out or not but I didn't want to wait...  Oh well...  When it sells at a screening, flippers are the only way... Unfortunately.
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #2284 on: December 21, 2011, 04:53:42 PM »
Another one I had to buy from flippers.  Super annoying.  I don't know if it sold out or not but I didn't want to wait...  Oh well...  When it sells at a screening, flippers are the only way... Unfortunately.

Mine only cost ~$75 + shipping and I get one of the etchings as well.. which is better than the $150 they are going for on the 'bay .. Although I suspect that IF the prices get any higher it will not be until after the online drop .. if there is one... Most people will probably hold out and try to get one at cost from Mondo and if they miss it then hit up the secondary market ..

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #2285 on: December 21, 2011, 11:42:13 PM »

If I cared for the movie at all, then I would be all over this...

guest8

« Reply #2286 on: December 22, 2011, 10:58:19 AM »
So it looks like there will be an online release for Taylors Gremlins print .. and there is a variant .. Also they are releasing a Gremlins 2 print .. That IMHO looks like poo on a plate !!!! :(

Taylor variant

Poo on a plate

guest8

« Reply #2287 on: December 22, 2011, 11:00:50 AM »
So it looks like there will be an online release for Taylors Gremlins print .. and there is a variant .. Also they are releasing a Gremlins 2 print .. That IMHO looks like poo on a plate !!!! :(

Taylor variant

Poo on a plate

I dont know if its just me or what but i am not seeing the pics pop up .. You can find the images here
http://blog.mondotees.com/2011/12/21/a-gremlins-christmas/

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #2288 on: December 22, 2011, 11:31:16 AM »
Probably just me, but I don't think the poster captures the right personality for Gizmo.  He is much too aggressive and in your face in the poster.
-Jay-

Charlie

« Reply #2289 on: December 22, 2011, 12:05:46 PM »
Probably just me, but I don't think the poster captures the right personality for Gizmo.  He is much too aggressive and in your face in the poster.

I don't think that is suppose to be Gizmo; it looks more like Stripe...  (unless I missed the sarcasm)

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #2290 on: December 22, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »
I don't think that is suppose to be Gizmo; it looks more like Stripe...  (unless I missed the sarcasm)
I thought the bigger top one was stripe and the bottom one was supposed to be Gizmo
-Jay-

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #2291 on: December 22, 2011, 12:52:09 PM »
I thought the bigger top one was stripe and the bottom one was supposed to be Gizmo

I agree with you jay.  and i think the red eyes are the problem.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #2292 on: December 22, 2011, 01:03:53 PM »
I think it's Stripe before he's been turned into a Gremlin, he's still a Mogwai at this point.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2293 on: December 22, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »
Who cares what it is or what it is not.  Did you ever ask Picasso if that was indeed a portrait of Gertrude Stein?  Not that I'm comparing Taylor to Picasso :) but you follow my drift.  It's an interpretation, people.  The real question is: does it look cool or not.  If it doesn't, stay the fuck away from it.  If it does, buy it.  Pfff... Seriously!

XOXO

T
My Personal Collection

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #2294 on: December 22, 2011, 01:26:59 PM »
No, it is compromised to me.  Even if it is Stripe pre-conversion, the poster misses what is to me the heart and soul of the story.  If it isn't Gizmo, it should be.
-Jay-

guest8

« Reply #2295 on: December 22, 2011, 01:43:40 PM »
Gizmo is on the Gremlins 2 poster ... and Gizmo is really just a supporting character anyways .. the movie wasnt call Gizmo or Mogwai its GREMLINS!! :)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2296 on: December 22, 2011, 02:19:40 PM »

Now you've pointed that out, you've ruined it for me. But that's a good thing as I don't have to get annoyed when I inevitably miss out again tomorrow :)

Charlie

« Reply #2297 on: December 22, 2011, 03:23:33 PM »

They are both stripe the top one cocooned after eating after midnight (which has been annoying me forever since every minute in a day is after midnight).  And I don't think it takes away since the film isn't called "mogwai". Stripe was a Gremlin which is defined as a mischievous ghost or phantom...  But stripe is both a mogwai and a reptilian thing, but at both stages a Gremlin.  So it works. 

I actually really like this poster I hope it will eventually drop so I can get one. Any body pick up an extra?

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #2298 on: December 22, 2011, 05:26:37 PM »

(which has been annoying me forever since every minute in a day is after midnight).

I hear ya bro.  After midnight....BUT BEFORE WHEN!?!?!?!  GAAWWWWWWSSSSSHHHHH!!!!  ;D

Someone should make one with Gizmo driving...   happy1

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2299 on: December 22, 2011, 07:23:17 PM »
I really like the Taylor, but as much as I like it, I still don't think it's quite as good as the GID Cooper.

I own 3 or 4 copies of the Rhys Cooper (for trade only), which is about 3 or 4% of the total, since they only printed 100 of them.  Ah, the good ol' days.

T
My Personal Collection