Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1539007 times)

treegate

Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #2150 on: September 13, 2011, 12:42:34 AM »
I'm #12 in line.  If people don't cut the line, I should be okay  ;D

T

I found out about this an hour or so ago, called a friend who lives close by to the theater, he went down, said they handed out tickets, which no surprise to read "T" was already there. Not sure if the tickets were given to those who said they wanted to buy the print, or just handed out to the first 75 people in line regardless. My friend said ticket #75 was about two people ahead of him. Oh well, the remaining 250 will go on sale probably later this week. "T" let us know how it goes this evening....

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2151 on: September 13, 2011, 03:56:30 AM »
NERDS!!!

OH YEAH!!! 

Not too proud of it either.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2152 on: September 13, 2011, 06:06:06 AM »
Good effort T, I'd have definitely gone and queued if it was showing near me. How's the print? Any good stories from the Struzan Q&A?

treegate

« Reply #2153 on: September 13, 2011, 01:39:10 PM »
From what I heard the people who actually waited in line the longest ended up getting the higher numbered prints, curious which number "T" got since he was close to the front of the he had stated. My friend told me that they called out for the first 20 ticket holders or so to approach the stage but twice that many people did and then no one was checking the actual ticket numbers. He said that while he was #78 in line, he still ended up getting a print in the very low double-digits.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2154 on: September 13, 2011, 03:43:49 PM »
I'm not home right now, and I didn't check which number I got because I honestly don't care.  All I know is that I got a print.  The numbers mean nothing to me.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2155 on: September 13, 2011, 06:41:16 PM »
Wow, this MMM is insane.  Server has been crashing for the past 40 minutes.

T
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #2156 on: September 13, 2011, 07:08:31 PM »
I just went back and got 2 tickets to all of the screenings !!! :D The best $950 I ever spent ...... I hope :P

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2157 on: September 13, 2011, 07:16:07 PM »
Grats Dave.

I got all shows Friday and Saturday.  But I can't go anyway.  :(  I'll be running  :)

T
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #2158 on: September 13, 2011, 07:26:29 PM »
I guess for you athletic types there are some other events that are important as well.. although I personally would ditch out on a run to hit the 6x MMM marathon in my back yard !! :P

So T .. Lets talk about your guest house !!! :)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2159 on: September 13, 2011, 08:28:34 PM »
Okay, so I now have Sunday at 10pm also.  Just missing 7:30 on Sunday, which is probably when Back to the Future will be shown :)

T
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #2160 on: September 13, 2011, 09:13:57 PM »
LOL .. Thats one reason I wanted all the tix .. I knew the one show Id miss would THE show I wanted :P

So I now have everything lined up .. Im staying at the Amarano Burbank.. Heard about it at all?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2161 on: September 13, 2011, 10:58:51 PM »
LOL .. Thats one reason I wanted all the tix .. I knew the one show Id miss would THE show I wanted :P

So I now have everything lined up .. Im staying at the Amarano Burbank.. Heard about it at all?

No, but I live on the other side of the hill, between West Hollywood and Beverly Hills, and I don't go to the valley much.  I'm a snob :)
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #2162 on: September 14, 2011, 06:36:20 AM »
LOL .. Im sure I would be too if I lived out there ;)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2163 on: September 14, 2011, 11:13:30 AM »
The print world is expending.  The Alamo Drafthouse is coming to NYC and LA.

T
My Personal Collection

Charlie

« Reply #2164 on: September 14, 2011, 02:30:22 PM »
do they sell these prints at the Houston locations?

guest8

« Reply #2165 on: September 18, 2011, 08:38:05 AM »
do they sell these prints at the Houston locations?

IIRC .. The Mondo store front is only at their S. Lamar location. So the answer would be, No. They typically only sell them at the one location or online. Or at whatever location they are at with one of their various special events.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2166 on: September 27, 2011, 07:14:05 PM »
Did anyone get the Moss AWIL?  I got the reg, which works much better than the variant, IMO.

T
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #2167 on: September 27, 2011, 07:19:38 PM »
I was able to pick one up 2nd hand just a little bit ago .. Hope to have it in hand later this week! :)

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #2168 on: September 27, 2011, 07:22:18 PM »
The wolf looks like it has rabbit ears.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2169 on: September 27, 2011, 07:27:40 PM »
I was able to pick one up 2nd hand just a little bit ago .. Hope to have it in hand later this week! :)

It's one of my favs from the 80s, so I had to get it.  Still pondering whether to get the white one or not.

How does it compare to the rest of the posters?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2170 on: September 27, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »
Did anyone get the Moss AWIL?  I got the reg, which works much better than the variant, IMO.

T

Clever...  Although sometimes Moss is a little too clever for his own good.

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #2171 on: September 27, 2011, 07:38:59 PM »

I need me one of these.
The best for the film for me.
Ves

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2172 on: September 27, 2011, 07:43:14 PM »
I agree, which is why I like the Moss.  Same titles and similar concept.  Be careful, Ves, lots of reprints on the UK version.  It needs to be 25x39in.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #2173 on: September 27, 2011, 09:23:52 PM »
I need me one of these.
The best for the film for me.

I told myself I am buying the next one I see quite awhile ago and have not caught one since. I know a couple were offered, but I didnt see them till after the fact.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #2174 on: September 27, 2011, 10:19:57 PM »
Soooooooooooo. No Alamos for me since Dracula in Jan.

Miss anything?
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,