Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1539156 times)

JessicaLee

Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #2050 on: July 30, 2011, 03:22:44 PM »
Hey Jessica, the silent majority here thinks Mondo is doing a great job overall and we appreciate Mondo producing all these excellent posters.  Of course, we're frustrated that it's difficult to get the best of them!

Thanks! I appreciate it. You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. We're just doing our best.

-J

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2051 on: July 30, 2011, 03:46:18 PM »
We consider Daniel a popular artist with a large fan base, plus we knew we wanted to bring part of the edition to Comic-Con and reserve some for online sales for folks who couldn't make it to San Diego.

So why didn't you do the same with Tyler, sell some online, bring some to CC.  I believe that's what you guys did with Moss, sell the reg online, bring the variant to CC.  Remember how we were all expecting a Stout drop at CC?  It was certainly a disappointment for many.  I understand what you said about Danger, but why him and not Stout?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2052 on: July 30, 2011, 06:51:37 PM »
Hey Jessica, the silent majority here thinks Mondo is doing a great job overall and we appreciate Mondo producing all these excellent posters.  Of course, we're frustrated that it's difficult to get the best of them!

Yes, and the not so silent minority does not think that Mondo has done a good enough job in keeping up with the demand for its prints.  Mondo refuses to upgrade its server capacity, and refuses to update what appears to be an outdated website.  Mondo refuses to place any policy that would at least curtail, if not eliminate, flippers.  So long as Mondo chooses to go blithely along without acknowledging these deficiencies, I'll continue to gripe.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

JessicaLee

« Reply #2053 on: July 30, 2011, 10:06:30 PM »
So why didn't you do the same with Tyler, sell some online, bring some to CC.  I believe that's what you guys did with Moss, sell the reg online, bring the variant to CC.  Remember how we were all expecting a Stout drop at CC?  It was certainly a disappointment for many.  I understand what you said about Danger, but why him and not Stout?

T

I didn't know everyone was expecting a Stout drop at Comic-Con. An offset version of Tyler's Captain America poster was given out free at the Captain America screening at Comic-Con, but there was nothing that ever implied there would be anything more than that.

We had a focus on Daniel Danger, Kevin Tong, and Eric Tan because we knew they would be at the Comic-Con and available for signings.

We brought a wide array of new offerings from many different artists to Comic-Con - Hopefully everyone who enjoys our posters found at least one from those that they could get excited about!

treegate

« Reply #2054 on: July 31, 2011, 01:03:39 AM »
I didn't know everyone was expecting a Stout drop at Comic-Con. An offset version of Tyler's Captain America poster was given out free at the Captain America screening at Comic-Con, but there was nothing that ever implied there would be anything more than that.

We had a focus on Daniel Danger, Kevin Tong, and Eric Tan because we knew they would be at the Comic-Con and available for signings.

We brought a wide array of new offerings from many different artists to Comic-Con - Hopefully everyone who enjoys our posters found at least one from those that they could get excited about!

The complaints I have heard from people regarding the Stout/Moss drop that Friday morning was that the newsletter reminder that is "supposed" to be sent out the day before wasn't emailed out until after midnight the morning they went on sale. I happen to see the email come into my inbox at 12:09am pacific time, a friend was online at the same time and I pinged him and he said he got it at 12:14am, so five minutes after me. Why it wasn't sent out the day before was what seemed to upset people, because at that time, I would say 95% of the Mondo collectors are sleeping and since an email wasn't sent the day before, people didn't think there would be a drop on Friday morning....but there was, and again what the frustration that I read and heard from people was that the drop was at 7:40am pacific time. Now I realize "random time" means just that, but when first the reminder email isn't sent out until the wee hours of the morning, and then second, the print drops at a time when many west coast collectors are either sleeping or on their way to work, it certainly wasn't that fair and I can actually sympathize with those were really upset, waking up and saying to themselves "What? The email was sent to me while I was sleeping and now the print already is sold out!?"

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2055 on: July 31, 2011, 02:11:48 AM »

Ha!  Now I understand.  I know that Tyler didn't, or couldn't, come, so it makes sense.  It's just that with the drop early in the morning, a lot of people were thinking that there would be leftovers for attendees.  Thanks for pointing it out...  It's all clear to me now.  And yes, as you know, I didn't leave empty handed.

:)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #2056 on: August 02, 2011, 08:45:05 AM »
ok so who in the uk got the robocop varient on ebay the other week... £1300.... YOUR MAD!

JessicaLee

« Reply #2057 on: August 03, 2011, 06:47:59 PM »
The complaints I have heard from people regarding the Stout/Moss drop that Friday morning was that the newsletter reminder that is "supposed" to be sent out the day before wasn't emailed out until after midnight the morning they went on sale. I happen to see the email come into my inbox at 12:09am pacific time, a friend was online at the same time and I pinged him and he said he got it at 12:14am, so five minutes after me. Why it wasn't sent out the day before was what seemed to upset people, because at that time, I would say 95% of the Mondo collectors are sleeping and since an email wasn't sent the day before, people didn't think there would be a drop on Friday morning....but there was, and again what the frustration that I read and heard from people was that the drop was at 7:40am pacific time. Now I realize "random time" means just that, but when first the reminder email isn't sent out until the wee hours of the morning, and then second, the print drops at a time when many west coast collectors are either sleeping or on their way to work, it certainly wasn't that fair and I can actually sympathize with those were really upset, waking up and saying to themselves "What? The email was sent to me while I was sleeping and now the print already is sold out!?"

When we're home in Austin, we have time to create the product pages, blog posts, emails, etc well in advance. While we were in San Diego, we were working at the booth steadily from 9am until 8pm PST so we didn't have a chance to create everything until the night before. Basically, we sent the email out before we went to bed, and put everything for sale online when we woke up the next morning - because those were our only windows of time to do so.

Sounds like some people were getting a better night's sleep than we were! The email the day before is considered a courtesy, and we try our best to get them out at a time that is convenient for the majority of our followers. Sometimes situations like this make doing so difficult. I'm sorry if receiving the email alert late in the evening the day before caused followers to sleep through the sale.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2058 on: August 03, 2011, 07:19:14 PM »
Sounds like some people were getting a better night's sleep than we were!

sm1

Yeah Jon, what's wrong with you, you lazy ass!

T
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #2059 on: August 03, 2011, 10:05:37 PM »
Im trying to get some $ together to pay for my trip to Austin at the end of the month .. If youre interested in anything shot me a PM
http://shop.ebay.com/indeglo1234/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2060 on: August 03, 2011, 10:27:18 PM »
Austin, huh?  Any specific reasons?  Do I need to go?  I like Austin.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2061 on: August 03, 2011, 10:44:22 PM »
Austin, huh?  Any specific reasons?  Do I need to go?  I like Austin.

T
Maybe I could meet you there!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #2062 on: August 03, 2011, 11:07:28 PM »
Just a warning. It's hot as hell down here right now. So if you are not used to the heat, just be warned. We've got a shot to be the 1980 heat record here in Dallas this week.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2063 on: August 03, 2011, 11:09:41 PM »
Not for me, then.  I hate the heat.
My Personal Collection

raulleaf

« Reply #2064 on: August 03, 2011, 11:12:30 PM »
104 in Houston today! 62% humidity...  Whats going on in Austin; I am only hour and a half away...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2065 on: August 03, 2011, 11:17:03 PM »
It was 80° today in West L.A. with 75% humidity.  And that's too fucking hot for me!

T
My Personal Collection

raulleaf

« Reply #2066 on: August 03, 2011, 11:35:46 PM »
It was 80° today in West L.A. with 75% humidity.  And that's too fucking hot for me!

T

Sounds like fall to me!   8)  Man I need to move...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2067 on: August 03, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »
Sounds like fall to me!   8)  Man I need to move...

Forget the heat, you need to move because you live in a red state.

T
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #2068 on: August 04, 2011, 06:30:40 AM »
LOL .. Wow .. i never expected all these posts just because Im headed to Austin!! :) Im actually going down there for the Mondo Mystery Movie on the 31st .. Ill probably hang out there for 2-3 days and stop by the Mondo store to see it in real life once and for all !!

guest8

« Reply #2069 on: August 04, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »
Buckaroo and NOES3 up and sold out pretty quick .. I kind of liked the NOES3 but not enough to buy it. Its one that would sit in my flat file and after a while Id realize its not really wall material and then Id toss it on eBay. Buckaroo is totally not my thing but apparently there are some people who liked that one as well. :)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2070 on: August 04, 2011, 12:18:33 PM »
I bought NOES3 for me...  Really liked it... and Buckaroo Banzai for Ves' husband.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #2071 on: August 04, 2011, 04:27:45 PM »
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...he will be over the moon!
Ves

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2072 on: August 06, 2011, 06:23:15 PM »
It is not every day that I get to congratulate Jessica and the Mondo gang on a job well done. 

I bought the Nightmare on Elm Street 3 and Buckaroo Banzai prints on Thursday and received them both today.  Perfect condition, two days turnaround...  Fantastic service.

Congrats, guys.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2073 on: August 11, 2011, 12:11:55 PM »
Bought the 2 Mummies this morning...

Anyone got them?
My Personal Collection

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #2074 on: August 11, 2011, 12:16:57 PM »
Site crashed as I was on step 3 of paying for a regular. Shame as I like Ansin, but nevermind, have had it happen too much so I have just learnt to just accept it  :(

Good skills T, you must be fast on the finger