Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1538693 times)

guest8

Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1900 on: June 15, 2011, 09:10:45 PM »
You are correct the Riff Raff/Magenta came out in '08 and the Frank/Columbia in '09 .. I have the years in the print details correct I just put Riff Raff/Magenta in the wrong section. Thanks for the heads up! :)

EDIT:::
Fixed it .. I moved Riff Raff to 2008 .. I have to copy the files over to the server later to change the live site but the changes have been made .. Thanks again !!

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1901 on: June 16, 2011, 04:39:54 PM »
New Del Toro Series posters by Vania/Horkey and Ansin
http://www.slashfilm.com/cool-stuff-guillermo-del-toros-the-devils-backbone-cronos-posters/

Better looking than they have been recently.  As usual, the Ansin looks very cool.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 04:41:33 PM by jpicken »

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1902 on: June 16, 2011, 04:45:14 PM »
I wish they would have saved Ansin for a Universal Horror entry. Probably try on these, but again not overly heart broken if I strike out. The Horkey image is a little disturbing.

guest8

« Reply #1903 on: June 16, 2011, 05:33:28 PM »
Im sure theres still a chance of more Ansin Monster fun ... Ive never even seen Cronos and I want that poster ... As for Horkeys .. ehh .. as talented as he is I think his work is a little over hyped along with the prices .. and on the non-collector side of things his never seem to go up in value .. Maybe because they are so expensive to begin with.. ?

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1904 on: June 16, 2011, 07:07:52 PM »
I enjoyed the movie - Devils Backbone but cant say I like the print.

Ansin's work is great as usual.

guest8

« Reply #1905 on: June 16, 2011, 07:22:15 PM »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1906 on: June 16, 2011, 08:51:11 PM »
Dave, so you know, Tyler and I have an understanding.  He's t, I'm T.  So your "Way to go, T" is confusing.  I thought you were talking about me :)

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest8

« Reply #1907 on: June 16, 2011, 09:16:30 PM »
LOL .. Sorry about that :P next time I post a Blog about you Ill get it right ;)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1908 on: June 16, 2011, 09:26:47 PM »
No, it's more about him.  Who cares about that Stout guy anyway.

bed1
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1909 on: June 16, 2011, 10:50:14 PM »
Not buying Horkey's print tomorrow.  I usually like him, but this print doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.

Is anyone buying?

T
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #1910 on: June 17, 2011, 11:34:31 AM »
Im not .. the original Blog confused me (because I only skimmed the text) I thought the Ansin was coming out today as well .. That I was going to go for! :)

But as talented as horkey and the other guy are and I could only wish to be as talented as they are .. BUT .. Their posters dont "speak" to me ..

TZimmes

« Reply #1911 on: June 17, 2011, 03:53:03 PM »
The newest one is what, a log?  Amazing technique, but Im not interested.

I have the Drac poster he did lettering for and I LOVE his True Grit piece.  Bottom line: needs more monsters.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1912 on: June 17, 2011, 09:16:51 PM »
I'm so happy that I jumped off the Alamo bandwagon....
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1913 on: June 17, 2011, 09:58:17 PM »

Another happy customer.  wynk

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #1914 on: June 18, 2011, 05:11:01 AM »

Me too. I jumped off December 31 2010 and I've not bought any prints issued in 2011 with the exception of a Kill Bill Variant and that was only because I won the chance in Tyler Stout's lottery.

Mark

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1916 on: June 18, 2011, 11:00:45 AM »
I still like some of the prints, but now I wait a bit and often find that either I get AP's when the artist releases his copies, or I can buy it at face or a bit less on EB.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1917 on: June 18, 2011, 07:23:29 PM »
This quote from Justin Ishmael, which concludes an article done about Mondo by Collector's Weekly, is precisely the attitude that has caused many long time Mondo collectors to fly the coup.

“We debuted the poster online during the movie. By the time we got up onstage and showed the poster to the audience for the first time, there were already five or six of them up on eBay. We thought that was funny.”

Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1918 on: June 18, 2011, 08:20:18 PM »
Sounds to me like they're more interested in their brand than satisfying their customers.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #1919 on: June 18, 2011, 10:05:03 PM »
This quote from Justin Ishmael, which concludes an article a fluff piece done about Mondo by Collector's Weekly, is precisely the attitude that has caused many long time Mondo collectors to fly the coup.

“We debuted the poster online during the movie. By the time we got up onstage and showed the poster to the audience for the first time, there were already five or six of them up on eBay. We thought that was funny.”

FTFY

I haven't boycotted Mondo, but it's been a long time (in Mondo terms) since I've cared enough to make a purchase.  My disinterest has less to do with the flipper aspect and much more to the losing any connection to actual screenings for the bulk of their prints.  The fact that they refuse to state which is which - a very simple thing to do -tells me that they couldn't care less about our end of the collecting field and a lot about their overall attitude. 

Also, the fact that they like to release everything early (for me) AM PST doesn't help. 

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1920 on: June 24, 2011, 12:17:01 PM »
Bought both Cronos posters, entirely because of Ansin.  Never seen the movie, didn't even know about it, but big fan of Ansin's style.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1921 on: June 24, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »
This quote from Justin Ishmael, which concludes an article done about Mondo by Collector's Weekly, is precisely the attitude that has caused many long time Mondo collectors to fly the coup.

I agree completely, that quote pissed me off too.

Having said that, I snagged a Cronos as I love the film and Del Toro and Ansin is great. Went for the regular as I prefer the colours on the regular compared to the variant. I'm quite surprised I could get one as I was walking home from work when it dropped, but I managed to buy one using the browser on my phone.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1922 on: June 24, 2011, 02:05:02 PM »
That's because nobody really knows the movie.  Ansin + popular picture = seconds sellout.  Ansin + Cronos = 20 minutes for the regular.  The variant did sell out in 30 seconds, though.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1923 on: June 24, 2011, 02:14:48 PM »
That's because nobody really knows the movie.  Ansin + popular picture = seconds sellout.  Ansin + Cronos = 20 minutes for the regular.  The variant did sell out in 30 seconds, though.

T

Yeah, good point. I imagine a lot of peeps bought it because it's just a lovely bit of poster art and design but I suppose it isn't the most well known film. It's a really interesting film, check it out if you get a chance.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1924 on: June 25, 2011, 02:03:35 PM »
Just looked on ebay again, and there are currently 12 Ansin CRONOS posters available. (I looked yesterday morning, and there were 19 listed, within hours of them seliing out).

-Jeff