Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1539265 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1850 on: May 26, 2011, 04:21:15 AM »
I'm almost with Dale on this, almost.  I'm still hoping Mondo has the goods to provide a few good prints; but it's certainly in question.  i look at the 130 prints or so I have bought in the past 3 years, and I could certainly do without half of them.  Some, like the best Ansins and Stouts, will always remain in my collection, but a lot of other pîeces, including some I recently bought... bah.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1851 on: May 26, 2011, 10:21:59 AM »
I left about a year ago and only pick up a handful of art prints that I truly know I will enjoy having in my collection. The last poster I bought directly from Mondo was Bride of Frankenstein. Everything else for the most art has come directly from the Artist or EB.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1852 on: May 29, 2011, 08:57:45 AM »
A couple of older prints that are severely lacking in online actual (non-stock) high res photos.  Time to remedy that.

Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

guest8

« Reply #1853 on: May 29, 2011, 11:13:05 AM »
A couple of older prints that are severely lacking in online actual (non-stock) high res photos.  Time to remedy that.

May i steal those pics for ADP ?? :)

And if you ever want to part with that POTA let me know ;)

[/quote]

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1854 on: May 29, 2011, 11:18:51 AM »
Feel free to use any of my images.  And don't hold your breath on me parting with any of those RR prints, especially the older ones.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #1855 on: May 29, 2011, 07:13:28 PM »
Very cool Schan.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #1856 on: June 01, 2011, 07:03:51 AM »
Here are the Rolling Roadshow prints for this year.  Once again, all by the same artist (Jason Munn/Small Stakes) which is disappointing.  His previous Alamo releases include the terrible Spinal Tap print and the derivative Dr. Strangelove.

Not an impressive collection..

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/events/rollingroadshow2011/

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1857 on: June 01, 2011, 10:36:21 AM »
Not an impressive collection..

To say the least.

If these images were used on postcards or fliers solely used to promote the screenings, especially on a local basis, I would casually grin at them if someone shoved one into my hands as I walked by.  But as a set of screen prints, blown up to Stout Size? Nope.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

guest8

« Reply #1858 on: June 01, 2011, 05:48:14 PM »
It kind of looks to me like someone is trying to emulate Moss' style ... :(

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1859 on: June 01, 2011, 05:53:37 PM »
I think this is a joke.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1860 on: June 01, 2011, 06:38:35 PM »
Chainsaw is the only one I would even try to get and really wouldnt care if I missed it. More about the film than the craptastic print.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1861 on: June 01, 2011, 06:56:49 PM »
It kind of looks to me like someone is trying to emulate Moss' style ... :(

Munn has been doing a simplistic/minimalist approach long before Moss was on the scene.

I was mistaken,

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1862 on: June 02, 2011, 09:21:47 AM »
I just realized that I still haven't received my Thor print bought May 5th.  Has anyone got theirs?  Is it lost in the mail?  Should I complain to Mondo?  I don't really care, since it is not a must-own print, but I'd like to know.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #1863 on: June 02, 2011, 09:22:49 AM »
I just realized that I still haven't received my Thor print bought May 5th.  Has anyone got theirs?  Is it lost in the mail?  Should I complain to Mondo?  I don't really care, since it is not a must-own print, but I'd like to know.

T

I got a note yesterday or day before they were just arriving at the store, so you should have early next week sometime.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1864 on: June 02, 2011, 10:09:22 AM »
SERIOUSLY????

Are you telling me that they sell prints ONE MONTH before they actually get them in hand?
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #1865 on: June 02, 2011, 03:08:43 PM »
Kind of shocks me as well. Be real nice if the box of prints got ran over in route somewhere.

guest8

« Reply #1866 on: June 02, 2011, 05:41:55 PM »
I think i read somewhere that they had printing issues .. But this isnt something new weve had to way longer than a month on certain prints in the past .. And my 1st buying experience was for the Mad Max combo set  (Perkins and Stout) I waited 2 months and emailed them just to have them tell me that they had my $ but the order never got processed and obviously by that time they were all gone !! :( So I dont mind waiting just as long as I get the prints .. and I still havent gotten either of those Mad Max posters yet !!!

guest8

« Reply #1867 on: June 02, 2011, 05:42:38 PM »
Who all went for the Tron UnCut set on Side Show today ?? I did but ended up on a "wait list" because I hadnt created a SS account when they went up :-o

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1868 on: June 02, 2011, 06:33:27 PM »
So how exactly does it work for the flippers who put their items for sale as soon as they get a confirmation from Mondo?
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #1869 on: June 02, 2011, 06:47:27 PM »
So how exactly does it work for the flippers who put their items for sale as soon as they get a confirmation from Mondo?

I guess the buyers just have to wait .. Most buyers Id venture to guess know when these get shipped out from Mondo so on day 30 if they know Mondo hasnt shipped yet they probably dont worry.. But when you hit that 45 day mark Id be a little concerned myself .. I guess it just depends on how much you spent on the print and/or how valuable they became after the sell out.

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #1870 on: June 09, 2011, 09:28:31 AM »
so since no one seems interested in tomorrows drop will some one be my poster buddy for the they live?

thanks
Evan

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #1871 on: June 09, 2011, 12:39:15 PM »
Personally I think Shepard Fairey's work is terrible and the only reason I am gonna even try to get one is to trade it away.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1872 on: June 09, 2011, 01:12:19 PM »
Is there a photo of SF's They Live out yet?  I love that movie!

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1873 on: June 10, 2011, 12:05:31 AM »
Yet another excuse for Fairey to exude arrogance in his work. While he isn't hiding from THEY LIVE being the source of his Obey moniker, he does manage to display that word bigger than the film title himself. In case you do manage to forget that Fairey designed it, you quickly snap out of it when you catch the Andre the Giant face/card/mirror/who cares that the speaker is holding.

Never seen an artist use himself and his style to leapfrog over a film or its intended screening.

When Daniel Danger starts to use skinny jeans on the characters in his prints, then we are really in trouble.

BTW, this is just a rehash of a print he did for G1988, so if anyone was wondering, yes, he could get more uncreative.

I was mistaken,

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #1874 on: June 10, 2011, 08:24:06 AM »
couldnt agree more i dont know why i was expecting anything good before i saw the image. os for the obey being huge and right behind him that is an image from the movie.

the andre face is what i hate most.

i like that they used this pic to make us think he is actually working on a poster instead of putting they live at the top of an old print/stencil.
eyeroll