Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1538712 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1825 on: May 19, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »
Yep, that was me.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1826 on: May 19, 2011, 04:40:55 PM »
What's the fallip thread?
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest8

« Reply #1827 on: May 19, 2011, 05:49:28 PM »
Its a thread were people post ebay auctions for prints that sell below original cost .. failed-flips .. ;)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1829 on: May 19, 2011, 06:44:24 PM »
Ok .. I guess Mondos is just a screen print copy of the official movie poster ... I think thats a little weak .. :-/

exactly.  You can pay $50 for the onesheet from posteritati's website, our you can buy the smaller, albeit screen printed, version for $75 from Mondo.  Such a deal!

It's still a good looking poster, regardless of the movie itself.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1830 on: May 19, 2011, 06:47:12 PM »
Not interested in anything Mondo tomorrow, but I did buy - SHOCKER! - my first Rich Kelly print ever.  I don't know, there was something really appealing to me in his Wild at Heart print.

T

Are you kidding me?  That poster is fucking butt ugly, man!  Tell me you didn't buy this thing?!

I remember when you made fun of Mel for buying that fucked up Chewbacca print from Mondo way back when. If you bought this POS, then you need to forever be quiet BECAUSE IT IS FUCKING UGLY!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1831 on: May 19, 2011, 07:23:11 PM »
Well, that drawing in your avatar looks like it could fit in Kelly's print perfectly.  So if it's FUCKING UGLY, then you're...  Nuf said.  No, I do like it.  I thought Chewy was horrendous, but I like this one.  Hey, everyone's entitled to his/her bad taste.  At least I didn't spend $500 for it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1832 on: May 19, 2011, 09:43:27 PM »
Well, that drawing in your avatar looks like it could fit in Kelly's print perfectly.  So if it's FUCKING UGLY, then you're...  Nuf said.  No, I do like it.  I thought Chewy was horrendous, but I like this one.  Hey, everyone's entitled to his/her bad taste.  At least I didn't spend $500 for it.

T

:)
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

guest8

« Reply #1833 on: May 20, 2011, 12:12:16 PM »
TOTAL FAIL .. on the mondo drop today .. Only one that sold out (as of now) is the Werewolf Variant and thats only because it had a run of 65 ..

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1834 on: May 20, 2011, 05:02:57 PM »
This can only be great news.  A few "failures" like this will probably help them realize that they cannot shove anything and everything down our throats.  Flippers/rats are abandoning the ship after not being able to make a profit, and collectors are finally coming to their senses.  I only wish someone can steer the Mondo enterprise back to its roots of quality and great titles.  A Famous Monsters/Martin Ansin work is needed (and in the works, as I've been told).

T
My Personal Collection

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #1835 on: May 20, 2011, 11:24:27 PM »
Are you kidding me?  That poster is fucking butt ugly, man!  Tell me you didn't buy this thing?!

I remember when you made fun of Mel for buying that fucked up Chewbacca print from Mondo way back when. If you bought this POS, then you need to forever be quiet BECAUSE IT IS FUCKING UGLY!

laugh1

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1836 on: May 21, 2011, 07:32:44 AM »
laugh1

I never bought that Chewbacca poster but I do like that Wild At Heart poster as well. 

guest8

« Reply #1837 on: May 21, 2011, 07:46:23 AM »
I dont know .. I can ALMOST see the appeal of the Wild at Heart print .. Almost .. Kellys style just isnt my thing .. I cant even stand to see what he did to Chewie in the SW print .. an iconic figure and his tribute in the Mondo series had to come from Kelly .. It saddens me !! :(

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #1838 on: May 21, 2011, 11:14:30 AM »
What does this infamous Chewbacca poster look like?

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1839 on: May 21, 2011, 11:45:36 AM »
I never bought that Chewbacca poster but I do like that Wild At Heart poster as well. 

Oh God,the two of you.... there's no hope!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1840 on: May 21, 2011, 11:48:06 AM »
What does this infamous Chewbacca poster look like?

What's even funnier is that I didn't realize that Kelly did this print until the last post above.  To say the least, I don't like his style.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1841 on: May 21, 2011, 11:51:19 AM »
I cant even stand to see what he did to Chewie in the SW print .. an iconic figure and his tribute in the Mondo series had to come from Kelly .. It saddens me !! :(

"It saddens me"?  Methinks thou doth protest too much....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:52:11 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1842 on: May 21, 2011, 11:52:35 AM »
Dave (ALMOST), Mel (LIKE) and I... that's three people!  And come on, even you must admit that Wild at Heart is MUCH better than Chewbacca.
My Personal Collection

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1843 on: May 21, 2011, 02:34:09 PM »

Disheveledamethyst

guest8

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1846 on: May 21, 2011, 11:00:14 PM »
Dave (ALMOST), Mel (LIKE) and I... that's three people!  And come on, even you must admit that Wild at Heart is MUCH better than Chewbacca.

For the sake of our friendship, I'll let you believe that ....
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1847 on: May 25, 2011, 03:32:51 PM »
The releases this year up to this point really make me cherish the stuff I have bought from them over the past few years.

Stuff that I was soso on previously that I own now look like lost Rembrandts. Works for me.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1848 on: May 25, 2011, 10:36:03 PM »
I have dropped a shit load of money on prints the last few years and I found myself actually thinking about it today. The good, obviously lower numbers than any theatrical poster that goes wide release and different art than the one sheet. The bad, re-donk-ulous pricing anymore, shitty customer service(at Mondo, all else is golden). I know there are a lot of chicken littles out there that say the market is going to crash on these at some point, but with the numbers as long as they are popular films, I really do not see it happening.

I look at the 50 I spent on a From Dusk Till Dawn today and think exactly what I could have spent that 50 on elsewhere. I am a poster collector first and foremost and got into prints ONLY for another alternate art poster to the domestic one-sheet. Now the pricing has gotten so high I am considering leaving the market as the money output is not worth what I am getting. I am literally on the fence of leaving this market segment behind.

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #1849 on: May 25, 2011, 10:49:59 PM »
I'm with Dale except decision already made here...with a very few as rare exceptions, am slowly thining this lot out.  I have run out of room and most will never make it to my walls, so they are best to find new homes where they will be appreciated.
But in fairness, this will be applying to all my posters, not just the silkscreens.
Ves