Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1538721 times)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1550 on: March 31, 2011, 03:42:05 PM »
Thierry, that is just it.  He/Justin/Planet Mondo just cannot and will not even consider ANY sort of criticism...at all.

I do expect more from the powers that be in Mondo (Mitch/Rob/Justin) to take the good with the bad, and at least be mature about it.  They turn into brats at the slightest misgiving vocalized in regards to their wares.  So lame.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1551 on: March 31, 2011, 03:59:34 PM »
Regardless of Mitch's words and intentions, he and Justin, along with their legions of lapdogs on that site are a bunch of swarmy little ass hats.

Don't kick over that nerd hive, you will get stung.

Well said and said well!

But I venture to say they're no worse than the "ji-quad-ists" on this board.

Thou shall not question the holy horizontal rectangle!   :)

P.S. Just kidding. God save the Queen and quads, I always say!

longdog

« Reply #1552 on: March 31, 2011, 05:14:07 PM »

And so say we all!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1553 on: March 31, 2011, 09:02:01 PM »
Just for fun, I calculated that I have spent $7,438 (plus shipping) on 133 prints since May 6, 2008 when I bought Tim Doyle's Big Trouble in Little China.  That's $55.92 per print in almost 3 years.  I'd say that at least 100 of those are Alamo/Mondo.  So all things considered, I believe I have earned the right to criticize Mondo's output when I deem the quality of their offering inferior to my standards.

There, I said it.

:)

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1554 on: March 31, 2011, 10:20:07 PM »
There, I said it.

Yes you did.
Sons a bitches should never cop a tone with the people who supported them when they were struggling, snot-nosed kids.
 thumbup

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #1555 on: April 01, 2011, 11:47:18 AM »

And so say we all!

Do you have that in Quad format? That seems to be a 1-sheet.

longdog

« Reply #1556 on: April 01, 2011, 12:07:57 PM »
Sadly not. Only issued as a UK 1-sheet  wynk  but here is a variant quad version... hmmm, which is better?

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1557 on: April 01, 2011, 06:50:37 PM »
Sadly not. Only issued as a UK 1-sheet  wynk  but here is a variant quad version... hmmm, which is better?

+1 for the One Sheet.  wynk

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1558 on: April 01, 2011, 07:59:58 PM »
So what was the "must buy ticket, must attend" showing or did I read right over it.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1559 on: April 04, 2011, 08:40:44 AM »
so the variant has been revealed..... i like the variant more than the original..

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #1560 on: April 04, 2011, 10:14:49 AM »
so the variant has been revealed..... i like the variant more than the original..

me too. i dont know about bills one red eye though.

anyone wanna help me out tomorrow? i know there is plenty of people around here who dont like stout. ;D

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1561 on: April 05, 2011, 05:11:55 AM »
I think I'm actually going to try for this drop (for the first time in yonks). Only prob is that I'm ultra busy at work so the odds of me being at my desk and hitting the F5 key just as it drops are about 1 in a gazillion.

If anyone scores one and later decides they don't want it, shoot me a PM and I'll gladly buy (with a mark up for your troubles). Thanks  :)

EDIT - Groan, actually was on the site when it dropped...added one to my cart, then tried to check out and it just hung. Tried to refresh after it sat their hanging and got the 'sold out' screen. Would be nice if they invested in a cart system that actually reserved one for you if you get it into your cart.

I can't be arsed with Mondo anymore, if I can score a cheapy one on ebay, great, but doubt I'll ever bother fighting the pro flippers for any from source anymore. Oh well, never mind.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:37:55 AM by Tob »

guest8

« Reply #1562 on: April 05, 2011, 11:36:04 AM »
up and gone .. I was able to get a variant in cart but it was gone by the time I got to the end of check out !! that was fast !! I thought with 500 regs Id have a chance .. I even had the variant in my cart before the tweet went out but still didnt get it !! :(

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1563 on: April 05, 2011, 11:36:58 AM »
WOW!!!  That was insane!  How long did it take to sell out of the Stout posters?  20 seconds?  Who got what?  I now have both styles!!!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1564 on: April 05, 2011, 11:39:05 AM »
I got nothing.

First time I have ever swung and missed when really being on the ball for a drop.  Oh well, I'm over it.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1565 on: April 05, 2011, 11:40:01 AM »
no luck today.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1566 on: April 05, 2011, 11:40:16 AM »
up and gone .. I was able to get a variant in cart but it was gone by the time I got to the end of check out !! that was fast !! I thought with 500 regs Id have a chance .. I even had the variant in my cart before the tweet went out but still didnt get it !! :(

Same...mine just hung when I clicked to checkout my cart.

I wonder how many were scored with scripts/software...

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1567 on: April 05, 2011, 11:40:52 AM »
can i ask something, when the item is in your basket, i take it that means nothing? i did go for the variant and there is no way anyone beat me to it.

Offline Ed_209uk

• Hobbyist
    • Film on Paper
« Reply #1568 on: April 05, 2011, 11:41:29 AM »
That's me done with Mondotees. If you're not on the same continent as their servers, forget about it.

I'm not going to get excited about any of their drops again. Totally pointless.
My collection website: Film on Paper
Twitter: @filmonpaper

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1569 on: April 05, 2011, 11:42:41 AM »
you can buy the variants on ebay already..

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1570 on: April 05, 2011, 11:43:41 AM »
can i ask something, when the item is in your basket, i take it that means nothing? i did go for the variant and there is no way anyone beat me to it.

It means nothing, and this is the one thing that pisses me off more than anything. You can have your inventory and in-cart deduction work together so you do not have to go through the rest of the check out process only to be told it is sold out on the last step.

I guess I now wait to see if I win the Stout Megaprints lottery when he offers

guest8

« Reply #1571 on: April 05, 2011, 11:44:16 AM »

this is true .. having something in your cart is meaningless .. UNTIL you get the final order confirmation screen it can all go away ..

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1572 on: April 05, 2011, 11:44:46 AM »
That's me done with Mondotees. If you're not on the same continent as their servers, forget about it.

I'm not going to get excited about any of their drops again. Totally pointless.

Ed, I'm in the states and I'm still done. I did not even try to get either of these, and I am Mr. Kill Bill of the poster world.  I'm over the craze.  There's a few things I'd like, but I'll handle those over time in private sales.  It's just gotten ridiculous.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1573 on: April 05, 2011, 11:44:54 AM »
this is true .. having something in your cart is meaningless .. UNTIL you get the final order confirmation screen it can all go away ..

thats pathetic.

guest8

« Reply #1574 on: April 05, 2011, 11:46:30 AM »
Im wondering .. even though this is a popular title .. how many think the market will get flooded right away and the prices will drop dramatically ?? Im sure over time when collectors have them all they may go back up in value but because of the large influx to ebay .. like right now.. I think the price may drop off before it starts its climb back up ..