Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1539033 times)

Dr Hackenbush

Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1500 on: March 25, 2011, 06:54:02 PM »
I've never had any problems with my connection before, but when the Mondo posters go up, the website goes down

Maybe with the increase in prices, Mondo will put they money towards upgrading their servers   laugh1

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1501 on: March 25, 2011, 09:05:03 PM »
Maybe with the increase in prices, Mondo will put they money towards upgrading their servers   laugh1

Well, I bought the recent print from Shepard Fairey.  I have the Dark Wave print already, and I like what he did for the Japanese tragedy using that image.  I got the print from obeygiant.com  You think mondotees is bad.  Try obeygiant.  The only reason I managed to get through was the sheer volume of 700 prints being available.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

guest8

« Reply #1502 on: March 25, 2011, 10:27:40 PM »
Honestly of all the sites that sell limited prints in high demand Mondo has one of the better sites .. I tried to buy some from TommyGoods at the time of drop and it would say the cart is already in use each time Id click add to cart .. So I can only assume the software only had so may "carts" and unless you timed your clicks perfectly (by sheer luck) you probably wouldnt get anything .. Thankfully in that case the artist sold some on his site so I picked my copies up there. ;) Not to mention with Mondo theres always a 2nd chance with the seller or possibly another site like posters&toys or sideshow (if that ever happens) .. and Not to mention with the super high amount of flippers they tend to flood the market right away so prices stay reasonable after the first day or two and the frenzy dies off .. 

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #1503 on: March 25, 2011, 11:50:47 PM »
Sucker Punch poster is a lot better than the movie. The movie is just a bunch of music videos connected together with anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes of dialogue in between each video. Story is lacking and after 45 minutes you get sensory overload. There's a few cool things here and there but I wouldn't waste the money and I definitely would not spend the extra for Imax.

I got Sucker Punched by Hollywood again.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1504 on: March 27, 2011, 03:14:43 PM »
Per twitter, Mondo/Justin selling Kill Bill prints at the screening in LA today.

Get ready, fellas.

THIERRY!  THIERRY!  THIERRY!
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1505 on: March 27, 2011, 05:00:36 PM »
I knew it.

And it is pretty spectacular:

I was mistaken,

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1506 on: March 27, 2011, 05:06:07 PM »
It is SPECTACULAR in person!!!

:)
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1507 on: March 27, 2011, 05:29:06 PM »
I knew it.

And it is pretty spectacular:

bed1  bed1  bed1  bed1  bed1  bed1  bed1  bed1  bed1  bed1  bed1  bed1  bed1  bed1

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1508 on: March 27, 2011, 05:34:06 PM »
Now, that KILL BILL is a serious piece of art....
Very, very nice.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1509 on: March 27, 2011, 05:39:50 PM »
Here's another picture:

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #1510 on: March 27, 2011, 05:40:48 PM »
Very nice!  happy1
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1511 on: March 27, 2011, 06:10:31 PM »
FYI, its based off Enter the Dragon:

I was mistaken,

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1512 on: March 27, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »
FYI, its based off Enter the Dragon:

Good eye Ben. I thought something seemed familiar about it.

Cj

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1513 on: March 27, 2011, 06:30:12 PM »
Funny.  People on EB are totally freaking out about this print, wondering if 600 is enough, how many will be sold at the theater, how many is Quentin going to get (he owns the theater)... plus, they added more screenings.  I think it'll be okay, though.  Stout and Kill Bill make a top-seller for sure, but 600 is a lot.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1514 on: March 27, 2011, 06:40:43 PM »
That is nice, taking the day off to F5 the day that one drops! Just kiddin, I can't get in on Moss or Stout drops anymore, to many people after them.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #1515 on: March 27, 2011, 07:20:05 PM »
When these flicks were originally released I took some grief on MPT for suggesting that the Kill Bill's were bloated (20-30 minutes easily), overly self-indulgent money grabs that should have never been released separately.  

I still stand by this position... I suspect that The Whole Bloody Affair will provide ample evidence for my argument...

As for the poster... surprise... it's a Stout, did he miss anybody?

'borrowed' vs 'homage'... discuss...

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1516 on: March 27, 2011, 07:24:19 PM »
i dont know why stout is so highly acclaimed. every poster is an exact replica of the last, not one once of imagination.. but yet the lemmings will fall over themselves to get hold of another mount rushmore print..

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1517 on: March 27, 2011, 07:25:09 PM »
When these flicks were originally released I took some grief on MPT for suggesting that the Kill Bill's were bloated (20-30 minutes easily), overly self-indulgent money grabs that should have never been released separately.  

I still stand by this position... I suspect that The Whole Bloody Affair will provide ample evidence for my argument...

I thought TWBA was supposed to be an even bigger bloated self-indulgent spectacle.  Wasn't he going to add even more scenes in including more animation?  

What is the story of the version that was just released?  

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #1518 on: March 27, 2011, 07:54:28 PM »
Turns out that I may be wrong about what this release is... to bad... will look around more in a bit...

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #1519 on: March 27, 2011, 09:55:15 PM »
'Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair' to Finally Screen in the US By Alison Nastasi
Posted Feb 28th 2011 3:45PM
Filed under: Movie News, Cinematical2094500

Although the split of 'Kill Bill: Volumes 1 and 2' was a lucrative venture for Miramax, Quentin Tarantino's assassin's revenge tale was meant to be one uninterrupted, giant smorgasbord of pain. The unrated, uncut version of the film, 'Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair' -- which contains the two volumes, plus missing material from the U.S. and international versions, some of which was included in the Japanese release -- premiered at Cannes in 2006. One thing the festival's audience didn't get to see was an animated addition to the violent saga that takes place during O-Ren's revenge chapter.

AICN reported that for one week, New Beverly Cinema–goers will have the opportunity to catch 'Kill Bill' in all its glory, including the segment produced by Japanese anime studio, Production IG. If you dig anime, you've undoubtedly heard of these guys -- they worked on 'Ghost in the Shell' (watch after the jump) and other big titles. The studio's animated piece was created for the movie's original theatrical release in 2003, but after things got sliced in half it was left behind.

Tarantino talked about the missing segment in 2009, which has kept fans on the edge of their seats for some time now. "We've actually added some things to it. We did a whole little chapter that I wrote and designed for the animated sequence, that we never did, because we figured, back when it was gonna be one big movie, it was going to be too long, so we didn't do it," the director told the Quentin Tarantino Archives.

"So when we were talking about re-releasing it, they asked, is there anything you can put in, and I said no, I put everything in there. But ... there's one sequence that we wouldn't even have to shoot! So we got together with Production IG and did it, and it's really cool ..."

And that's the rub.  The original release Kill Bill's were work prints that never got worked...

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1520 on: March 28, 2011, 12:20:13 AM »

As for the poster... surprise... it's a Stout, did he miss anybody?

laugh1
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1521 on: March 28, 2011, 12:22:01 AM »
Well, that was quick...

Kill Bill
My Personal Collection

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1522 on: March 28, 2011, 11:15:39 AM »
$699 is ridiculous for this poster, with a run of 600.  Folks can blame Olly Moss and his SW set for these things going to the next, if not next next level for these 'values'.  Cat is outta the bag.

Actually, we can also blame Lucas and his fat neck, for once again, ruining something (albeit inadvertently) that was once so fun and perfect.

By the way, there is supposedly a KB variant.  Instead of simply being the vanilla wafer color edition, it seems to incorporate different art...as to the degree of difference, I am not sure.

I was mistaken,

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #1523 on: March 28, 2011, 12:20:48 PM »
$699 is ridiculous for this poster, with a run of 600.  Folks can blame Olly Moss and his SW set for these things going to the next, if not next next level for these 'values'.  Cat is outta the bag.

Actually, we can also blame Lucas and his fat neck, for once again, ruining something (albeit inadvertently) that was once so fun and perfect.

By the way, there is supposedly a KB variant.  Instead of simply being the vanilla wafer color edition, it seems to incorporate different art...as to the degree of difference, I am not sure.

You can hardly blame olly for making the greatest star wars paper ever, blame the dumb ass people who pay that much for them.As for lucas yes, blame him constantly even for things he didn't do.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1524 on: March 28, 2011, 12:33:27 PM »
You can hardly blame olly for making the greatest star wars paper ever
laugh1 laugh1 rofl1 rofl1