Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1538796 times)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1475 on: March 25, 2011, 12:09:02 AM »
Thierry, you should probably get rid of your Back to the Future stack that you have then...especially when you consider the terrorists of choice to be Libyans.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1476 on: March 25, 2011, 12:30:47 AM »
:)

I always said Zemeckis was a visionary. 

For live action, at least, because for animation, he's gone, gone, gone...
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1477 on: March 25, 2011, 12:33:16 AM »
I read a book by a script writer once, and he said something along the lines of.

Dont try and write metaphors or textuality into the script. Theres plenty of Film theorists who will read that into it, and they need a job.

You know that famous Fellini quote...  When someone asked him: "Maestro, what did you try to say when you made this movie."  He answered: "I don't know, I just made it.  Ask the theorists, they will tell you what I meant."

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1478 on: March 25, 2011, 03:47:46 AM »
Being aware of and sensitive to prejudice in all its forms is a positive quality.

is it? i think there is always to aware and too sensitive.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1479 on: March 25, 2011, 03:50:20 AM »
IJ is extremely racist too

OH FFS!! moron1 moron1

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #1480 on: March 25, 2011, 04:25:59 AM »
is it? i think there is always to aware and too sensitive.

Of course there is. Extremes of anything positive become negative, one should seek a golden mean. Brush up on your Aristotle!

guest8

« Reply #1481 on: March 25, 2011, 08:23:20 AM »
Is it more racists to focus on the ethnicities of the the characters in a film instead of the story and time period it was set, and base your judgment on the whole not the parts within the whole?

Oh and dont forget, Star Wars is Racist too :P

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #1482 on: March 25, 2011, 09:32:30 AM »

guest8

« Reply #1483 on: March 25, 2011, 10:10:39 AM »
LOL .. Straight gangsta!

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1484 on: March 25, 2011, 11:39:06 AM »
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #1485 on: March 25, 2011, 11:53:17 AM »

guest8

« Reply #1486 on: March 25, 2011, 11:59:37 AM »
RACIST!

LOL ...
Hooper: Always some white boy gotta invoke the holy trilogy. Bust this: Those movies are about how the white man keeps the brother man down, even in a galaxy far, far away. Check this shit: You got cracker farm boy Luke Skywalker, Nazi poster boy, blond hair, blue eyes. And then you got Darth Vader, the blackest brother in the galaxy, Nubian god!

Banky Edwards: What's a Nubian?

Hooper: Shut the fuck up! Now... Vader, he's a spiritual brother, y'know, down with the force and all that good shit. Then this cracker, Skywalker, gets his hands on a light saber and the boy decides he's gonna run the fuckin' universe; gets a whole clan of whites together. And they go and bust up Vader's hood, the Death Star. Now what the fuck do you call that?

Banky Edwards: Intergalactic civil war?

Hooper: Gentrification! They gon' drive out the black element to make the galaxy quote, unquote, safe for white folks. And Jedi's the most insulting installment! Because Vader's beautiful black visage is sullied when he pulls off his mask to reveal a feeble, crusty, old white man! They tryin' to tell us that deep inside we all wants to be white!

Banky Edwards: Well, isn't that true?

[Hooper pulls out his gun, shoots Banky]

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1487 on: March 25, 2011, 12:22:40 PM »
Alright, to come back to Mondo, I just got both styles. 

I don't like everything Ken Taylor puts out, I didn't like his Hellboy 2 (something really wrong with Selma Blair's face), Clash of the Titans or his Star Wars character sets, but I loved what he did for Poltergeist (my fav), Alien, T2 and a few concert posters.  Sucker Punch falls in the like/love category for me, so regardless of the movie, I had to get them. 

As always, I'm sure they look better in person.

T
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #1488 on: March 25, 2011, 12:29:04 PM »
I picked up a regular ed. I hate that they are uping the prices on these especially the variants .. I just cant see paying $70 for a different color usage.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1489 on: March 25, 2011, 12:31:24 PM »
Reg for me as well, I think the colors on the variants are normally lacking anyway.

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #1490 on: March 25, 2011, 12:56:50 PM »
I don't understand how you guys ever fucking get anything. I thought I was sitting on all the tricks this time.

This happens to me every God damn time.

guest8

« Reply #1491 on: March 25, 2011, 01:22:11 PM »
I wasnt even logged in on my PC when the tweet went out.. I had to open my laptop and log into it then log into Mondo then log into paypal .. got booted once from paypal and had to log in again and still got the reg. ;)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1492 on: March 25, 2011, 03:00:35 PM »
I don't understand how you guys ever fucking get anything. I thought I was sitting on all the tricks this time.

This happens to me every God damn time.

This is something new.  I've never seen this message before.  Sometimes, when there is too much demand, it just doesn't go through.  But not like that.  Has anyone had this message before?
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #1493 on: March 25, 2011, 03:13:16 PM »
Thats just a connection reset error .. Just on google chrome .. FF works good enough for me .. Everyone will swear by different browsers .. Id try a different browser next time ;)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1494 on: March 25, 2011, 03:35:15 PM »
I've used Firefox for years.  No problems ever.
My Personal Collection

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #1495 on: March 25, 2011, 03:55:08 PM »
Ah, but I've had the same problem with Firefox. I use both regulary because Chrome is twice as fast and Firefox is more secure. I've had the same problem with Firefox, with a slightly different message. On both browsers, Mondo is the only website that won't load.

guest8

« Reply #1496 on: March 25, 2011, 04:09:25 PM »
Ah, but I've had the same problem with Firefox. I use both regulary because Chrome is twice as fast and Firefox is more secure. I've had the same problem with Firefox, with a slightly different message. On both browsers, Mondo is the only website that won't load.

Sorry if this is known already but where do you live?

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #1497 on: March 25, 2011, 04:32:36 PM »
Sorry if this is known already but where do you live?

Southern Maine and I have standard high speed internet from Time Warner. I've never had any problems with my connection before, but when the Mondo posters go up, the website goes down. At least for me. I've only ever used one internet connection, but I've used two computers and both browsers.

guest8

« Reply #1498 on: March 25, 2011, 05:31:41 PM »
Odd .. hard to say really .. If youd have said the UK or something like that ID blame the distance many UK'rs claim to have trouble on big drops.

Offline CJ138

• Collector
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.