Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1538846 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1425 on: March 11, 2011, 04:29:08 PM »
Yes.  Without a doubt.  But that shit will come back at them one day.

Not if you keep buying.

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #1426 on: March 11, 2011, 06:24:46 PM »
This happens to a lot of people, and companies, that reach a certain level of success - it becomes all about the money.  They've forgotten about many of the people that helped build their company and reputation.  I bet if you could be of use to them in some way, they'd still reply to emails or phone calls.  Seen it many times before

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1427 on: March 11, 2011, 07:55:52 PM »
Well, I had to pay an Ebay flipper $89 (including shipping) for the Close Encounters regular, which sucks but is not a tragedy - I'm out an additional $35 over the $54 I would have paid.

I agree this kind of flipping doesn't make sense.  The guy had to pay a 12% Buy It Now fee, plus 1% PayPal fee, plus re-shipping costs.  Hardly seems worth it. He made $20 or so bucks.

I don't understand or agree with all the negativity to Mondo on this board.  They're putting out a wide variety of posters, so everybody finds something to like.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:07:22 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1428 on: March 11, 2011, 08:08:25 PM »
They're putting out a wide variety of posters, so everybody finds something to like.

I haven't... in 3 months! 

But I will get the new Stout coming up soon.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest8

« Reply #1429 on: March 12, 2011, 02:21:01 PM »
Well, I had to pay an Ebay flipper $89 (including shipping) for the Close Encounters regular, which sucks but is not a tragedy - I'm out an additional $35 over the $54 I would have paid.

I agree this kind of flipping doesn't make sense.  The guy had to pay a 12% Buy It Now fee, plus 1% PayPal fee, plus re-shipping costs.  Hardly seems worth it. He made $20 or so bucks.

I don't understand or agree with all the negativity to Mondo on this board.  They're putting out a wide variety of posters, so everybody finds something to like.

Did they lower PP fees? Last I checked they were 2.9% + $.30

Bruce

« Reply #1430 on: March 12, 2011, 02:52:56 PM »
Are the flippers located near where they are created? If so, they save the shipping. And of course, they could simply be employees squeezing out some fast extra money, and enhancing the mystique.

Bruce

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1431 on: March 12, 2011, 02:53:27 PM »
I believe they are still the same, 2.9%.  I do know that they eliminated the gift as a free option. I sent $300.00 as a gift payment and they charged me 90 cents. Money Hungry Bitches!!!!

Cj

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1432 on: March 14, 2011, 11:11:43 PM »
Are the flippers located near where they are created? If so, they save the shipping. And of course, they could simply be employees squeezing out some fast extra money, and enhancing the mystique.

Bruce

Bruce, I'm with you, I would expect some of the flippers actually have close Mondo ties, to enhance the bottom line of each print they sell.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1433 on: March 15, 2011, 01:55:16 PM »
Bruce, I'm with you, I would expect some of the flippers actually have close Mondo ties

maybe its mondo flippin there own posters?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1434 on: March 23, 2011, 06:15:59 PM »
Sign of the times...  There was a Mondo drop this morning and no one posted anything about it.  Are we just all done with Mondo?  I didn't even bother to check what they had in store.  Did any of you?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #1435 on: March 23, 2011, 06:18:38 PM »
Sign of the times...  There was a Mondo drop this morning and no one posted anything about it.  Are we just all done with Mondo?  I didn't even bother to check what they had in store.  Did any of you?

T

I checked... it was the SXSW line that included Paul, The FP(?), Moon, Source Code, Hobo with a Shotgun, etc. There wasn't a single one worth buying and maybe one and a half that were attractive.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1436 on: March 23, 2011, 06:29:14 PM »
Sign of the times...  There was a Mondo drop this morning and no one posted anything about it.  Are we just all done with Mondo?

T

if i could bother to read back through this long boring thread, i could highlight a quote by me saying....

"Mondo Is Dieing"

i stand by this.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1437 on: March 23, 2011, 06:33:31 PM »
oh sorry, page 32..

"make no mistake, alamo is dieing."

tstatum

« Reply #1438 on: March 23, 2011, 06:37:56 PM »
 I was talking to my sister the other day and she mentioned she drove by the  Alamo drafthouse everyday.  This whole time me missing most every drop and she would have stopped in and picked them up for me. hitself hitself hitself

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #1439 on: March 23, 2011, 06:38:09 PM »
oh sorry, page 32..

"make no mistake, alamo is dieing."

I hope so. I've been looking for an ironic way to work "Remember the Alamo" into my every day conversation.

guest8

« Reply #1440 on: March 23, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »

T

I got the  tweet .. I wouldnt have minded picking up a Moon .. its the only poster for that movie that I actually like and I think the movie is awesome! But they only had like 10 copies to sell so it was gone the instant they went up .. I wasnt that concerened though .. If they can go back to some cult/classic or some new titles (like actual new movies like thor and captain america (ok im biased) .. Or maybe a Black Swan !!? I think the artist could rock the shit out of some of those movies .. But no .. We do Hobo .. and FP (whatever that is) and I like Paul but the poster was a fail!

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1441 on: March 23, 2011, 10:37:26 PM »
You guys are funny.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1442 on: March 23, 2011, 11:06:51 PM »
I see 6 new releases from Mondo.
Is this up from their usual number?

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1443 on: March 24, 2011, 09:47:42 AM »
I see 6 new releases from Mondo.
Is this up from their usual number?

No, just their leftovers from sxsw - these have been floating around for awhile before this drop.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #1444 on: March 24, 2011, 04:56:31 PM »
I'm not seeing it until tonight, but here's something I can get behind. As long as the movie isn't that disappointing.

PS: The announcement includes a full collection of Zack Snyder posters. Since all of his films are essentially cult movies (save Owls) I think we finally might have some popular posters, no?

Watchmen especially will probably be a hot item.

guest8

« Reply #1445 on: March 24, 2011, 05:04:35 PM »
Although I wish it focused a little more on the girls .. ;) ... this is what I was asking for in my previous post .. Its a new flick (and hopefully a fun one too) I like the coloring of what I assume is the regular .. and once again when possible they have to throw in a variant as well .. and I have noticed that they have increased their prices across the board .. The variant is now $70 and the reg is $45 ..

Variant ..

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1446 on: March 24, 2011, 05:23:19 PM »
PS: The announcement includes a full collection of Zack Snyder posters. Since all of his films are essentially cult movies (save Owls) I think we finally might have some popular posters, no?
Really?  You think Snyder makes 'cult' films?

A bit confused as to your cause/effect notion here of cult and how it translates to popular posters 'round these parts...

Regardless, an interesting pick for Mondo in their director series, but I am sure it will be lucrative for them.  Fanboys will be all over these properties, if only they waited until the Snyder Superman film was out...
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1447 on: March 24, 2011, 05:34:06 PM »
Prefer the theatrical poster campaign for Sucker Punch.

There's potential for a good Watchman poster...not that I've got a hope in hell of getting one in the bun fight!

guest8

« Reply #1448 on: March 24, 2011, 05:51:43 PM »
Prefer the theatrical poster campaign for Sucker Punch.

There's potential for a good Watchman poster...not that I've got a hope in hell of getting one in the bun fight!

What theatrical campaign??? I havent seen any official theatrical character posters . a lot of fakes calling themselves wildings .. but other than that they have what .. 2 posters that anyone can say with some certainty are legit?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1449 on: March 24, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »
I don't like Snyder.  I thought 300 was one of the most racist movies to come along in a long time, Watchmen bored me to death, the Howl was visually stunning but not that interesting, and I have no idea what this new one is about.

This said, I love Ken Taylor.

T
My Personal Collection