Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1539076 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1400 on: March 11, 2011, 12:11:22 AM »
These I like, and I like Slater's work overall.  I'll take a run.  Though, the way I've been running my mouth lately about Mondo, they might block me!

May I ask what you like about them?  Just curious is all.

BTW, did you receive your Ferris Bueller print, you ungrateful asshole?  Why don't u tell people what I had to do to get for you?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1401 on: March 11, 2011, 12:18:56 AM »
May I ask what you like about them?  Just curious is all.

BTW, did you receive your Ferris Bueller print, you ungrateful asshole?  Why don't u tell people what I had to do to get for you?

T

I didn't think everyone wanted to hear about your oral sexcapades.

Re: Slater in general, I don't know.  I just like his stuff.  He did some really nice Legend of Zelda prints recently and since then I've appreciated his work more.  More particular to these prints, I like the colors, the pixellation, and the somewhat geometric repetition.

I got Ferris yesterday.  I don't think I realized it was a larger size 24x36.  It's definitely a nice print.  In all seriousness, Thierry had to bribe someone else in line at G88 to buy a second copy for him (for me), because it was one per person.  He endured the owner's glaring, searching eyes in order to cop this beauty for me.  It's pretty funny what we go through.

THANK YOU TIERRY!   I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Pig fucker.

I say again, we are all ho's.

H
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1402 on: March 11, 2011, 12:18:10 PM »
I actually wanted once of these.  I was loading the site within 10 seconds of the tweet dropping.  4 minutes later, the "sold out" tweet comes with me never even having loaded the site.  Gotta love mondos horrendous servers combined with my 72k connection.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1403 on: March 11, 2011, 12:18:22 PM »
Didn't get the Close Encounters - both my computer and iPhone went into "epic fail" mode

:'(

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1404 on: March 11, 2011, 12:21:06 PM »
Today it was "me" problems.  Just not too coordinated.  I managed notwithstanding my own stupidity and ineptitude to get a regular copy, which I do like colorwise better than the variant, but I would have liked to have the variant too. Maybe later after the flipper prices calm down.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1405 on: March 11, 2011, 12:24:19 PM »
I got in, but was a little slow so decided to not even bother with the variant. Personally, getting a little variant burn out anyway and normally only purchase the regular versions now.

Karza

« Reply #1406 on: March 11, 2011, 12:26:11 PM »
Managed to grab both, really like the movie and print.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1407 on: March 11, 2011, 12:29:16 PM »
I got in, but was a little slow so dissed to not even bother with the variant. Personally, getting a little variant burn out anyway and normally only purchase the regular versions now.

I hear ya, Dale.  I've gotten better about not getting variant just for the sake of doing so, but only getting it if it's nice to look at in and of itself.  That is how I feel about this one, though.  Some of the variant crap really gets out of hand like that drop recently of Ziggy Stardust.  Cool stuff to be sure, but really over the top.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1408 on: March 11, 2011, 12:30:07 PM »
the last time i successfully bought a poster from mondo...........Westworld, back in September.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1409 on: March 11, 2011, 12:31:09 PM »
The flippers do make out, though.  Two copes of the regular flipped for $109 each.  Not bad for 5 minutes of work.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1410 on: March 11, 2011, 12:31:59 PM »
the last time i successfully bought a poster from mondo...........Westworld, back in September.

Does that piss you off, or are you ok with it?
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1411 on: March 11, 2011, 12:39:30 PM »
Would u guys really put these up on the wall and show them to your friends?

Really??
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1412 on: March 11, 2011, 12:40:44 PM »
Kinda pisses me off really.  As you know, I was one of the pretty early collectors.  Not that I have wanted everything between now and then, but there have been some I wanted.  Before, on the rare occasion that I missed a drop, I could call Justin or Lisa and they would hook me up.  I tried it once recently, and the folks there acted like they didn't know who I was.  It's good to see them have success, but it has come at the expense of those who helped make them what they are.  And I really do not think they care, which is the worst part about it.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1413 on: March 11, 2011, 12:41:26 PM »

Really??

I could ask you the same about a Lakers jersey ;D
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1414 on: March 11, 2011, 12:44:05 PM »
Answer my question, instead of being a smart ass.  Would you proudly display your print and tell your friends about it?  I'm just curious.
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1415 on: March 11, 2011, 12:46:06 PM »

Really??

Yes...

Ass.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1416 on: March 11, 2011, 12:48:08 PM »
 And I really do not think they care, which is the worst part about it.

Yes.  Without a doubt.  But that shit will come back at them one day.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

guest8

« Reply #1417 on: March 11, 2011, 12:48:22 PM »
The flippers do make out, though.  Two copes of the regular flipped for $109 each.  Not bad for 5 minutes of work.

even at that price I dont think its worth the trouble/hassle ..

$109 Ebay Sale Price
- $54 Cost of poster
- $11 (~10% for ebay and paypal fees)
- $10 shipping to new buyer
----------------------------------------
 $34 total profit .. IF the print doesnt end up damaged in transit

Not to mention you never know what are actual sales on ebay and what are people artificially inflating prices .. and what happens if the print gets lost or damaged when you ship it to the new buyer .. You have to refund $109 .. So you could be in the hold for the cost of the poster and shipping ..

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1418 on: March 11, 2011, 12:48:36 PM »
I'm baffled, although I just realized that I do not own 1 Slater print.  There must be a reason for that...  Hmm, let me thnk...
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1419 on: March 11, 2011, 12:51:44 PM »
I'm baffled, although I just realized that I do not own 1 Slater print.  There must be a reason for that...  Hmm, let me thnk...

ASS!!!!!

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1420 on: March 11, 2011, 12:52:31 PM »
I dont really tell my friends about all of my hobbies, except for those who share the passion, like all of you here.  If they see it or anything I have displayed, fine.  If not, thats fine too.  I learned long ago that talking about your hobby to someone with zero interest or knowledge is a waste of air.  Not that I'd care either way, but I would expect to receive less flack about that print from anyone who saw it than ANY SINGLE ONE of the Star Wars or Star Trek series.  

But, to answer your question, I might hang it on the wall and rotate it with other prints.  However, Mel is the only one, out of all of the collectors I know or interact with, that displays even a decent percentage of his posters/prints, so the question is wholly irrelevant.  And coming from a guy that has several thousand posters, but only, what, 2 or 3 displayed, its kind of puzzling.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

guest8

« Reply #1421 on: March 11, 2011, 12:54:52 PM »
Yes.  Without a doubt.  But that shit will come back at them one day.

I think they have now became "whats cool" when before they were sort of "underground cool" I mean just that stupid game they released yesterday put me over the edge .. Instead of focusing on the prints/movies/artists/customers whatever they are too busy creating silly apps for phones .. and working out these big licenses with major companies .. Instead of sticking to keeping their devoted customer base happy.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1422 on: March 11, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »

Because Goldfinger is too expensive.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1423 on: March 11, 2011, 12:57:56 PM »
I think they have now became "whats cool" when before they were sort of "underground cool" I mean just that stupid game they released yesterday put me over the edge .. Instead of focusing on the prints/movies/artists/customers whatever they are too busy creating silly apps for phones .. and working out these big licenses with major companies .. Instead of sticking to keeping their devoted customer base happy.

Yup.  That and the movie distribution shit.  Blah blah blah.

Thierry, these are the Slater prints that started me on liking him.  I've been a fan of the Legend of Zelda games since I spent my second year of law school playing them.  My kids too.  So, these have a close place in my little heart. Anyone who's a fan will recognize these immediately.

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1424 on: March 11, 2011, 12:59:18 PM »
Yeah, not my thing at all.
My Personal Collection