Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1538960 times)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1250 on: January 28, 2011, 12:29:02 PM »
Mondo has over 9K people following on twitter, that could explain why it is getting so tough to get stuff when a good drop hits.

guest8

« Reply #1251 on: January 28, 2011, 12:41:44 PM »
I thought this was an easy drop actually .. It did go quick and I had a GC though .. and I wasnt going after the Florian.. Even with 9k twitter followers .. How many do you think actually see those tweats? Mine come to my phone and I was half way through check out before I got the tweat .. Its all about being there when they pop up ... Which worked out well for me this time .. but not so much others ..

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1252 on: January 28, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »
I thought this was an easy drop actually .. It did go quick and I had a GC though .. and I wasnt going after the Florian.. Even with 9k twitter followers .. How many do you think actually see those tweats? Mine come to my phone and I was half way through check out before I got the tweat .. Its all about being there when they pop up ... Which worked out well for me this time .. but not so much others ..

Yeah, you have to be right on top of it.  I just sit here doing work while I have the page autorefresh every 5 seconds. At least this time, both posters came up at once.  In the past, they come trickling up, and by the time one comes up, the previous one has sold out. That's what happened with Dracula and with the Stout Star Wars.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

agentprovocateur

« Reply #1253 on: February 03, 2011, 02:05:58 PM »
Just got pointed down here as I didn't know where Mondo and Olly Moss posters were discussed... did anyone go for one of the releases today, or am I well behind the times? I really liked Rocky, On the Waterfront and Jackie Brown but only got the JB.

agentprovocateur

« Reply #1254 on: February 03, 2011, 02:13:41 PM »
Sorry, realised I'm well behind the times... I'm assuming they were released ages ago but had a few left and put them up today.

guest8

« Reply #1255 on: February 03, 2011, 02:20:44 PM »
Yeah they were released last year when the RR was on tour .. and have been floating around ebay for a while and available "in store" as well .. I didnt try for any of the ones today though .. Just not my taste .. although I liked some of the designs (robocop and twbb) I think the orange color is just want killed it for me .. :(

agentprovocateur

« Reply #1256 on: February 03, 2011, 02:52:54 PM »
Cheers, should have realised... I'd seen some of the designs on ebay before!

I really like Olly Moss's style and some of the orange designs are fantastic, Dirty Harry, Rocky and Jackie Brown being my faves. His three Star Wars posters are stunning, I'd exchange a load of my poster collection for the complete set!

All the other posters, don't really know the artists apart from Tyler Stout(?), tbh I don't like any of their styles or the posters they've printed.

guest8

« Reply #1257 on: February 03, 2011, 02:57:44 PM »
I think my favorite so far has to be Ansin .. his hyper-realistic style is amazing !

Thanks to T for hooking me up with a good trade on his Phantom Variant  !!
http://www.alamodrafthouseposters.com/Screenings/Phantom-Ansin-Reg.html

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1258 on: February 03, 2011, 03:04:16 PM »
Thierry probably has a few more of those variants/regs...don't be too quick to give him that Helpful patch on his Boy Scout uniform just yet...  ;)
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

guest8

« Reply #1259 on: February 03, 2011, 03:11:51 PM »
Thierry probably has a few more of those variants/regs...don't be too quick to give him that Helpful patch on his Boy Scout uniform just yet...  ;)

Oh yeah .. I know .. But if it werent for him and his 50 copies of everything he owns :P I probably wouldnt have gotten this poster.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #1260 on: February 03, 2011, 03:14:52 PM »
Oh yeah .. I know .. But if it werent for him and his 50 copies of everything he owns :P I probably wouldnt have gotten this poster.

Well you know that variant doesn't even have 50 copies in existence. I believe only 25 if I remember correctly and I know T doesn't have them all.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1261 on: February 03, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »
Yeah, the run on the variant is 25.  Mine is 20-something, don't remember.  I did however, get the literal last one...had to talk to Justin a few times (read:beg) since it was technically 'sold out'.

I would just have been shocked if Thierry give him his only Phantom of either run.

I was mistaken,

guest8

« Reply #1262 on: February 03, 2011, 03:23:49 PM »
Yes it was 25 the regular was 75 (see link above ;))

the worst part of this for me was I remember hearing that they had these for sale in the store you just had to call and theyd sell one to you and I was all like .. "Nah I dont want to waste anymore money on those Alamo posters" LOL .. Now look at me .. One of the biggest mistakes Ive made :P

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #1263 on: February 03, 2011, 05:12:38 PM »
Yes it was 25 the regular was 75 (see link above ;))

the worst part of this for me was I remember hearing that they had these for sale in the store you just had to call and theyd sell one to you and I was all like .. "Nah I dont want to waste anymore money on those Alamo posters" LOL .. Now look at me .. One of the biggest mistakes Ive made :P

Well it's tough to own everything and often times you have to make a decision as to where you will spend your money at any given time. The good thing is a least you got one. It is a very nice piece and I think it is Ansin's best work to date even though it is not my top title he has done.

Chad

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1264 on: February 04, 2011, 12:13:18 AM »
Just got pointed down here as I didn't know where Mondo and Olly Moss posters were discussed... did anyone go for one of the releases today, or am I well behind the times? I really liked Rocky, On the Waterfront and Jackie Brown but only got the JB.

convoy and jackie brown.  too many posters to buy them all.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #1265 on: February 04, 2011, 05:09:13 AM »
Does anyone know why Olly Moss' Blues Brothers poster seems impossible to find? Was it actually printed?

Mark

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1266 on: February 04, 2011, 07:44:22 AM »
Does anyone know why Olly Moss' Blues Brothers poster seems impossible to find? Was it actually printed?

Mark

At the Philly Rocky show, Justin told me they didn't obtain the licenses in time and therefore they couldn't sell the posters but they could give them away.  (I can't 100% recall but I got the impression the BB posters had actually been printed. He had stacks of all the posters, so they were printed before the showings. I did not see any BB posters.)

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #1267 on: February 04, 2011, 08:17:34 AM »
It's just I've never seen one for sale.

Mark

agentprovocateur

« Reply #1268 on: February 04, 2011, 09:20:38 AM »
convoy and jackie brown.  too many posters to buy them all.

Cool, I know what you mean... some random edition numbers as well, 250, 375, 350, 325, 300 and 250! Wonder why they're all different? I like a bit of uniformity ;D

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1269 on: February 04, 2011, 09:51:58 AM »
I passed on these, i thought they were gonna drop as set and with the checkout function not holding stuff in your cart didnt think I would get any and passed on the frustration.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1270 on: February 08, 2011, 11:54:26 PM »
Wow, almost mid February and I've only bought 1 print from Alamo, Horkey's Dracula.  I've decided to be more discerning when it comes to prints, to stop buying everything in sight, and Mondo's latest offerings really help fulfill my goal.  I'm also sitting out of Thursday's offering.  Maniac, Maniac Cop 2... Bah!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1271 on: February 09, 2011, 11:14:43 AM »
Yeah, must be amateur hour over at ol' Mondo.  These three are just really bad, IMO.

I am getting more stuff that will or has a great chance to make it up on the wall. 

Bad art + serial killer + two year old daughter running around the house = EASY PASS

I was mistaken,

guest8

« Reply #1272 on: February 09, 2011, 11:30:19 AM »
I dont know .. I can see the appeal to the horror/geek fans in Maniac .. MC2 is just too cartoony for me but it can be loved by the cult kiddie following ..and I happen to like Vigilante and if I hadnt told my self to stop buying prints for a little while Id prolly try and pick one up .. BUT that being said these dont measure up to a lot of other stuff Mondo had been producing .. if it was of the same caliber as some of the work done by Moss, Stout (some of his work Im not a huge TS fan boy) or anything Ansin .. I dont care how many prints Ive bought or havent bought Id be buying it !! ;)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1273 on: February 10, 2011, 11:02:58 AM »
Was just looking at the complete list in the other thread and saw you don't have the print run on Bullitt by Stainboy...it was 130.

Just caught this, Ves.  Thanks lady.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1274 on: February 10, 2011, 03:27:30 PM »
So, an hour after starting the sale, Mondo has only sold out of one title (Vigilante), and that's probably because there were only 100 of them.  I think the main problem here is not the artists, but the titles.  Excuse my French, but who gives a shit about William Lustig?  Ken Taylor is a great artist, one I've grown progressively more fond of, and would sell out of anything if the title was right.  There are so, so many great films to chose from, I'm a little baffled why they would concentrate their efforts (and the ones of artists) on lame slasher films. 

T
My Personal Collection